Author Topic: Forumite spotting  (Read 575913 times)

jellied

• skip to the end
    • Ealing Bike Hub
Re: Forumite spotting
« Reply #1700 on: 15 December, 2011, 07:38:09 am »
As I looked glumly out of the side window of the no. 65 bus near Ealing Broadway early this afternoon (don't ask) I saw two people on what appeared to be a recumbent tandem trike , the sort of thing that yacfers might ride. No idea who it was though.
If they were of a certain age that would be the most excellent Peter Mynors and his charming wife on either their Pino or Periscop. Quite how anyone can justify having two recumbent tandems is beyond me, but when I grow up I want to be Peter Mynors.
A shitter and a giggler.

« Reply #1701 on: 15 December, 2011, 12:15:26 pm »
So there is another recumbent Trike in the Ealing area ! I feel a meet and a photo coming on !
Get a bicycle.  You will not regret it if you live  ~Mark Twain

« Reply #1702 on: 17 December, 2011, 04:28:47 pm »
Sgt. Pluck.
In my local cafe.
For some greasy spoon nom goodness. :thumbsup:

« Reply #1703 on: 21 December, 2011, 12:53:51 pm »
Mrs Phil's Luath in York

I presume it was hers. Brooks saddle and tape, dyno hub, marathon winter tyres.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #1704 on: 21 December, 2011, 01:53:17 pm »
CL and cubs at mine this morning, achieving a bike handover...
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #1705 on: 21 December, 2011, 10:00:56 pm »
Indeed.  Tiermat and TLD round at theirs, with TLD having her first go on the islabike and EldestCub hooning around on his new-to-him BMX.  With added coffee-goodness for me.  And I think it fair to say it was the best bit of today!

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #1706 on: 21 December, 2011, 10:19:00 pm »
Mrs Phil's Luath in York

Did I see you on Millennium Bridge recently, or was that some other gent with similar hair?

« Reply #1707 on: 23 December, 2011, 10:39:58 am »
Jane's single speed, rather than Jane herself.
Locked up outside Mr.Sainsbury's emporium of toothy comestibles.
Unfortunately, as I had only just come out of the zoo there, there's no way I was about to go back in to try and find her to say hello. :-[

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #1708 on: 24 December, 2011, 07:01:48 pm »
Si_Co,earlier today in my lounge

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #1709 on: 25 December, 2011, 06:44:30 am »
Bumped into Jacomous and Emily at the NFT bar on Friday :-)
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #1710 on: 26 December, 2011, 04:15:00 pm »
TEC looking very laid back in Tatton Park this afternoon. He was accompanied by Mrs TEC. She wasn't so laid back but she did look more chic in her woolly leg-warmers  ;D
Considering that you're new to this recumbering TEC, you looked very much in control. Jon and I admired your elegant re-start after you'd stopped to say hello  :thumbsup:

Need I say that I'd noticed the bike before the rider........................  :-[

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Forumite spotting
« Reply #1711 on: 26 December, 2011, 08:26:11 pm »
Domestique, on Sarfend sea front on the solstice.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #1712 on: 29 December, 2011, 05:03:05 pm »
CrinklyAuntie, who very kindly chauffeured and accompanied the Cubs and I on a mammoth shopping trip to buy large amounts of Tasty_Stuff prior to us getting visited on NYE (which, cunningly, will also be boxing day for us since tomorrow is christmas day mk II).  Now I need to try and put it all away in the cupboards before she and CrinklyUncle come back later today to babysit for a bit.  Remarkably helpful bods, donchaknow!

« Reply #1713 on: 29 December, 2011, 06:03:49 pm »
I was in Richmond park yesterday and nobody saw me. Hardly worth going out if that is the sort of response I am going to get. Buck up.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #1714 on: 01 January, 2012, 12:20:45 pm »
Spotted Gordon (a.k.a. Gordy to you lot  :)) this morning to exchange cake & mince pies for bike bits :thumbsup:
'twas an easy spot: in the living room of the Gordy Gaff.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1715 on: 01 January, 2012, 02:05:00 pm »
That's a good bit of spotting.  Yesterday, we spotted, never far from the kettle.offering tea, the inimitable Jurek. :)
Getting there...

« Reply #1716 on: 01 January, 2012, 02:23:11 pm »
Mrs Phil's Luath in York

Did I see you on Millennium Bridge recently, or was that some other gent with similar hair?
Yeah that was me. Didn't recognise you until you called out - and I was already sailing past. You were nattily dressed in tweed, I seem to recall. Very suitable Bunburying outfit.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #1717 on: 01 January, 2012, 03:25:17 pm »
Yeah that was me. Didn't recognise you until you called out - and I was already sailing past. You were nattily dressed in tweed, I seem to recall. Very suitable Bunburying outfit.

Not tweed, it's a Royal Marines jacket from an army surplus sale.  Anyway, I'll remember to wear it next time I go Bunburying  :thumbsup:

Simonb

« Reply #1718 on: 02 January, 2012, 07:09:50 pm »
Our very own Citoyen. I was going the wrong way down an MTB trail near Deal in Kent. So Dave showed me the correct route -- enjoyed it so much we went round twice! Bade farewell after a cuppa at the cafe.  :thumbsup:

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
Forumite spotting
« Reply #1719 on: 02 January, 2012, 07:23:54 pm »
And very pleased to bump into you like that I was too! I'm shattered now - having already done a lap before I met you, doing two more laps really took it out of me. Got home muddy, wet, tired and cold, with feet like blocks of ice, but very happy.

Tbh, I think the right way/wrong way thing isn't set in stone - the routes are more for guidance and most people seem to just go whichever way they please hither and thither. Which is fine really. Though while heading for the rear exit, after I left you, I did have words with a large group of dog walkers who were taking up the full width of the tarmac track despite the many "No walking on the tarmac track" signs everywhere. The twerps.

Anyway, we must do that again some time.

d.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #1720 on: 03 January, 2012, 09:54:10 pm »
Nice to bump into ZigZag, back on his bike after last year's crash, on the way home tonight.  The tailwind meant I could actually keep up with him!
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

« Reply #1721 on: 06 January, 2012, 09:32:11 pm »
Spotted a few here this evening.

Teethgrinder, mmmmartin, Tigerrrr and of course, Joff himself, and I know there will have been others, but I struggle with recognition when it's not dark and they're not in Lycra or Hi-viz.

Joff gave good ripping yarns and tales of derring-do almost without pausing for breath - I can't help but feel that story-wise, we were treated to just the tip of the iceberg  :thumbsup:

« Reply #1722 on: 08 January, 2012, 09:46:12 pm »
TEC and Mrs TEC in Tatton Park and in exactly the same place that I saw them on Boxing Day  :thumbsup:

I'm not sure if I also saw another forummer in the park, Canardly ? Cycled through and then back again ? Second left on this photo from the Monsall Tunnels ride:-

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #1723 on: 09 January, 2012, 07:30:00 pm »
Spotted the lovely Jurek at New Cross this evening as I was cycling home to Lewisham parts. It is great to see you back on the bicycle sir  :thumbsup:

« Reply #1724 on: 10 January, 2012, 09:22:02 am »
Spotted the lovely Jurek at New Cross this evening as I was cycling home to Lewisham parts. It is great to see you back on the bicycle sir  :thumbsup:

Sorry you got little more than a flying 'Hello!' I was on a mission.