Author Topic: Bristol to Barry Island FNRttC 8th September  (Read 1489 times)

Bristol to Barry Island FNRttC 8th September
« on: 29 August, 2023, 04:24:41 pm »
Everything you need to know at https://www.fnrttc.org.uk/bristol-to-barry-island-tbc

I'm checking the route and café this weekend, and will report back.

mmmmartin

• BPB 1/1: PBP 0/1
    • FNRttC
Re: Bristol to Barry Island FNRttC 8th September
« Reply #1 on: 29 August, 2023, 10:30:48 pm »
Have wanted to do this ride every time it's cropped up, for several years now, and each year something has come up. This year I'm committed first thing on Saturday and then in London, so my planning has been abysmal.
Maybe next year
Besides, it wouldn't be audacious if success were guaranteed.

« Reply #2 on: 04 September, 2023, 09:21:53 am »
Barry Island was looking splendid in the sunshine yesterday, and the excellent Whitmore and Jackson is expecting us for breakfast.

« Reply #3 on: 12 September, 2023, 09:25:19 pm »
That was a great ride, thanks ransos.
Cycling over the Severn has been on my bucket list for quite some time and doing it with the The Fridays (Cycling Club) seemed as good a way as I could think of.
I'm sorry about my late arrival because of train delays but thanks for your suggestions to join the ride at Severn View Services after the Cross Country provided taxi from Birmingham New Street to Bristol Parkway (for me, 3 others and, crucially, my bike) dropped me at Parkway Station rather than Temple Meads.
The rest of the ride was fantastic and, after parting company with you all, I managed to make it a 100 mile trip by riding back to Cardiff then up the Taff Trail as far as Pontypridd.

Unfortunately my train home on Sunday afternoon was too early for me to go and watch the Tour of Britain on Caerphilly Mountain. If I'd realised, I'd have booked a later train or even stayed over an extra night.
Since I missed the ride over Clifton Suspension Bridge, I'm going to have to do this ride again aren't I ? I'll get an earlier train next time......
It was great, as ever, to meet up with familiar faces and to meet new people.
Thanks again ransos and everyone else 🙂👍.