Author Topic: Garmin express  (Read 1308 times)

Garmin express
« on: 17 September, 2020, 06:25:06 am »
After a recent ride I connected my Garmin touring to lapto via USB lead. Opened Garmin express and attempted to load the ride but despite numerous attempts Garmin express didn't recognise the Garmin touring.
I disconnected the lusb lead, uninstalled Garmin express completely, then reinstalled it.
Reconnected the Garmin touring with a different lead and the touring was immediately recognised. All I wanted to do was upload my ride (or download) my ride to Garmin site for sake of recording or logging it. However, the Garmin express indicated updated were required so went ahead. It took 4 hours to update maps.
The result is, the mapping has been ruined withe all minor road names deleted. I should add that the sd card was a Talky toaster with 1:50 uk mapping and was brilliant compared with Garmin map that I originally had.
Is there a fix? Did I do something wrong? Please help.

Re: Garmin express
« Reply #1 on: 17 September, 2020, 07:57:49 am »
I’m sorry to say I don’t know but was equally frustrated with my Garmin Touring and the rubbish software and updates.

I binned it after 3 years of inadequacy and went with Wahoo. Life has been very pleasant since.

Re: Garmin express
« Reply #2 on: 17 September, 2020, 08:03:28 am »
I assume your mistake was asking / allowing a map update to the non-Garmin SD card, so your card was overwritten. But I suspect others know better.  So the solution would seem to be to re-download the Talkie Toaster maps.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)