Author Topic: Poo sticks  (Read 1469 times)

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
Poo sticks
« on: 19 November, 2019, 09:36:10 am »
Or may not so much...
It is simpler than it looks.

offcumden

• Oh, no!
Re: Poo sticks
« Reply #1 on: 19 November, 2019, 11:07:20 am »
A bit more here - https://www.theguardian.com/science/2019/nov/18/scientists-develop-slippery-toilet-coating-stop-poo-sticking

- which includes the caveat:
“As this paper shows, such toilets would need less water per flush to clean them and also increase toilet hygiene. My one worry, which I’m sure the scientists will address as they do further work, is what happens to the coating when it does wear away through use – how would chemicals involved affect the environment if adopted globally?”

Non-stick lavvies for all seems like a good idea, but we thought that about plastic. Just have to keep using the brush for the time being  :-\

Jaded

• The Codfather
« Reply #2 on: 19 November, 2019, 01:09:20 pm »
There's also (what I seem to remembers as) the Great Los Angeles Pooh Mountain. A drive across the city to install low flush loos meant there wasn't enough water in the sewers to take all the poo away.

Jaded

• The Codfather
« Reply #3 on: 19 November, 2019, 01:10:17 pm »
Of course, also, imagine researching this project...

« Reply #4 on: 19 November, 2019, 01:16:59 pm »
It's a shit job, but someone has to do it...
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

offcumden

• Oh, no!
« Reply #5 on: 19 November, 2019, 01:36:59 pm »
But, it has to be said, not a job to be sniffed at.

« Reply #6 on: 19 November, 2019, 02:12:14 pm »
On the slide if you ask me...
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #7 on: 19 November, 2019, 02:24:13 pm »
I'd volunteer a sample, but it's a bit crap.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

orraloon

• I'm trying Ringo, I'm trying real hard
« Reply #8 on: 19 November, 2019, 03:41:42 pm »
Might be a crap job to you but it's someone else's bread and butter.

« Reply #9 on: 01 December, 2019, 02:13:51 am »
A while ago I bought adhesive called 'sticks like shit'. It has to be bought trade counter. I can't think why.
Move Faster and Bake Things

fuzzy

« Reply #10 on: 17 December, 2019, 03:34:15 pm »
I thought this related to the legend of the 'recovered'royal stool on the Britannia that had been dried, varnished and mounted on a plaque.

I was wrong. Non stick loos? Now that is progress. Instead of non stick coatings, how about concentrating on loos that don't need multiple flushes to get rid of everything?

« Reply #11 on: 17 December, 2019, 03:43:37 pm »
A while ago I bought adhesive called 'sticks like shit'. It has to be bought trade counter. I can't think why.

I got some off Amazon a while back...

« Reply #12 on: 17 December, 2019, 04:47:19 pm »
I thought this related to the legend of the 'recovered'royal stool on the Britannia that had been dried, varnished and mounted on a plaque.

I was wrong. Non stick loos? Now that is progress. Instead of non stick coatings, how about concentrating on loos that don't need multiple flushes to get rid of everything?

I was nearly tempted to slander you in order to claim my £5, but then I remember that unlike Individual-1, you have served your country...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/dec/06/trump-says-people-flush-the-toilet-10-times-and-seeks-solution
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche