Author Topic: In love with a Tandem Trike  (Read 2524 times)

In love with a Tandem Trike
« on: 28 September, 2008, 07:10:02 am »
Well Dan an I went to Karen's house yesterday and had a go on the tandem trike and im in love wow not smiled like that since I got my road bike.

I was wishing I had a video camera as Dan couldnt ride it other than to steer into the curb every time    it would of made great youtube footage. So I got to try it with Elizabeth and on my own. Now definately need a trike to add to the flock hmmm a solo one though 

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Re: In love with a Tandem Trike
« Reply #1 on: 28 September, 2008, 07:42:18 am »
This sounds awfully like self-indulgence to me. Go for it! :D
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #2 on: 28 September, 2008, 08:13:44 am »
Serious comment - get some solo trike experience before a tandem trike - I think you have realised that. 

Years ago, when I sold a TT, I refused to sell it to a couple who thought it would be good to put a kiddy seat in the back to take little Cloe out.  They had no trike experience, no concept of how to handle it, just the usual silly notion of "it has to be easy and you cannot fall off".

« Reply #3 on: 28 September, 2008, 08:28:51 am »
A solo trike would do me fine  :thumbsup:

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #4 on: 28 September, 2008, 09:17:18 am »
Don't try a Windcheetah then.

You will be drawn to the DARK SIDE!

And we're not talking about 'Zilla's cat, either

J
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

« Reply #5 on: 28 September, 2008, 11:46:59 am »
Don't try a Windcheetah then.

You will be drawn to the DARK SIDE!

I've tried a Speedy once, a very nice carbon fibre one at a BHPC meet in Wolverhampton over a decade ago.  I had an aluminium Trice at the time, which I've since had to sell (no room to store it when I first moved to London).

I still lust after that Speedy. ;D
Actually, it is rocket science.

« Reply #6 on: 28 September, 2008, 11:57:55 am »
Serious comment - get some solo trike experience before a tandem trike - I think you have realised that. 

Years ago, when I sold a TT, I refused to sell it to a couple who thought it would be good to put a kiddy seat in the back to take little Cloe out.  They had no trike experience, no concept of how to handle it, just the usual silly notion of "it has to be easy and you cannot fall off".

They are brill fun fun fun.

Having taken ours over many parts of UK and Europe it was one of the most exciting eras of my cycling 'career'. The two kiddies on the back loved it - flying off the Central Massif after tawatching a Tour stage was awesome with shrieks of joy! (or was it terror).
Our longbarrow (its also pink) presently resides mothballed in the garage with its kiddiecranks and a custom fitted childseat still attached.

One day I shall be forced to sell it  :(