Author Topic: A random thread for weatherish things that don't warrant a thread of their own.  (Read 288601 times)

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
Re: A random thread for weatherish things that don't warrant a thread of their own.
« Reply #2175 on: 16 September, 2022, 05:50:47 pm »
Properly autumnal here, cold and blowing a hoolie with added showers. Capitulated and put the heating on.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Re: A random thread for weatherish things that don't warrant a thread of their own.
« Reply #2176 on: 17 September, 2022, 02:28:23 pm »
Bit warmer this morning coz it’s cloudy.  Hope it burns off by this afternoon.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #2177 on: 17 September, 2022, 02:41:12 pm »
I donned a fleece yesterday on my way home from work at around 19:00 - I'm in shorts and Hawaiian shirt the rest of the time.
Today, wearing the fleece when I went to Sainos was a bit much.
ETA - Also switched from 3 tog duvet to 11.5 tog duvet last night.
It was a good decision.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #2178 on: 17 September, 2022, 02:51:57 pm »
Second blanket on the bed last night. This time last week the sheet was enough.

Sporadic showers & ill-behaved wind chucking them about all over.  MrsT got drenched walking back from the next village this pm.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #2179 on: 17 September, 2022, 04:38:15 pm »
We’re still on the 4 tog duvet, though I had cold feet initially. Nights are warming a bit so we’ll hold off on swapping to the 9 tog a while. Wife was in her dressing gown in bed when I woke - but she’s 8 stone dripping wet with no insulation (unlike me!). Thermostat has has the heating on this morning, and just now again.

Having said that, it’s been a beautiful sunny and not-so-cold day here.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #2180 on: 17 September, 2022, 04:54:57 pm »
We have the 4 tog duvet on year round, but in the not-summer I have a bedspread on top of my side of the bed. Pingu just runs hot.

« Reply #2181 on: 17 September, 2022, 05:01:41 pm »
we are still on the 1tog duvet but changing to 2.5 imminently.  Probably get to 4 as usual although we do warm up the bed to climb in these days as we have got increasingly soft

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #2182 on: 18 September, 2022, 03:41:03 pm »
Wore a jumper at dinner last night but only because my grate frend Alice insisted on al fresco dining chiz.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #2183 on: 18 September, 2022, 07:31:45 pm »
we are still on the 1tog duvet but changing to 2.5 imminently.  Probably get to 4 as usual although we do warm up the bed to climb in these days as we have got increasingly soft

from about May to November I sleep under a sheet, October if it gets cold.
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #2184 on: 19 September, 2022, 02:20:35 am »
Come to sunny California, they said.  2 C and snowing on top of Sonora Pass this arvo; currently about 14 C and raining in the town of that name about 40 miles west and 7000' closer to sea level.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #2185 on: 19 September, 2022, 07:57:38 am »
Come to sunny California, they said.  2 C and snowing on top of Sonora Pass this arvo; currently about 14 C and raining in the town of that name about 40 miles west and 7000' closer to sea level.

Yeah. I did a ride in 2007 dressed for the overnight temperature forecast of 12°C but found that it was 11° cooler at the col the route went over.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #2186 on: 19 September, 2022, 12:29:03 pm »
In our endlessly windy part of the North Pennines, the wind has stopped blowing.
This may or may not be interpreted as a mark of respect etc, etc.

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
« Reply #2187 on: 19 September, 2022, 02:18:45 pm »

at 9600ft, Sonora Pass should be 28ºC cooler than the sea level temperature, so 2º was fairly predictable!

« Reply #2188 on: 19 September, 2022, 02:30:30 pm »

at 9600ft, Sonora Pass should be 28ºC cooler than the sea level temperature, so 2º was fairly predictable!

Is that violin of yours very small or just very far away?  ;D
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
« Reply #2189 on: 19 September, 2022, 03:28:31 pm »
Both!

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #2190 on: 19 September, 2022, 03:55:58 pm »
It was only 18 C on the desert side, with a Mighty Rushing Wind and petril at near $7 a titchy gallonetto.  Should’ve refilled before I left Nevada.

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #2191 on: 26 September, 2022, 06:54:23 pm »
Windy, cold, damp, miserable. I feel the need to eat lots of lard macaroni cheese.
Cats are all snuggled up on the Sleepy Pile (me).

« Reply #2192 on: 26 September, 2022, 08:07:17 pm »
Forecast lows for the next few days are 5-6C. Brrrrr. Broke out the driving gloves this morning.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #2193 on: 26 September, 2022, 08:13:47 pm »
Yesterday I was watching cricket, only had to put a fleece on later in the afternoon.

Today was ‘king chilly!
It is simpler than it looks.

ian

« Reply #2194 on: 27 September, 2022, 10:13:22 am »
Wearing socks with my shorts today. A combination which, judging my wife's disdainful perusal earlier, is not going to transfer to bedroom antics. Long trouser day is, as every year, October 1st.

Also had to dig out fleece #1 as the remote command centre still hasn't reached 20 degrees. Should get the hot laptop back, M1 chips run too cold to heat a office.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #2195 on: 27 September, 2022, 10:55:03 am »
Still in shorts here as well, but have resorted to a light jumper and socks as my office has no heating other than a plug-in fan heater and no insulation.  That is reserved for extremes of late Nov- late Feb in most years.
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

ian

« Reply #2196 on: 27 September, 2022, 11:31:55 am »
I'm just putting it here: Hurricane ian. I feel validated.

« Reply #2197 on: 27 September, 2022, 12:14:53 pm »
I'm informed that the 9 tog duvet is now on.

« Reply #2198 on: 27 September, 2022, 12:24:22 pm »
I last wore long trousers at the beginning of 2020.
Managed (just about) in shorts right down to -3°C
I think that this week is going to be the last one for Hawaiian shirts thobut.

« Reply #2199 on: 27 September, 2022, 12:37:14 pm »
I fail to comprehend this obsession with shorts - is it a macho thing? I blame the Postmen.