Author Topic: I think I might have educated someone tonight  (Read 1390 times)

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
I think I might have educated someone tonight
« on: 06 October, 2009, 10:10:15 pm »
Perhaps.

I was off to my evening class and cycling along a reasonably wide road, plenty of room for parked cars both sides and traffic to pass in both directions. I was heading towards traffic lights. There were parked cars all the way along my side of the road, so I was out wide. If there had been nothing coming the other way there would have been plenty of room for following traffic to overtake me by crossing to the other side of the road - but there was traffic coming the other way.

The man behind me decided to deal with that by beeping at me. I glanced behind me, realised why he was beeping and ignored him. I don't know why he was in such a hurry as it was obvious the lights ahead were at red. When I got to the junction I stopped, turned round and asked him if there was a problem. He gestured to say that I should have moved over. I shook my head, pointed at the park cars and mimed someone opening a door and me falling off. (Honestly, I'm wasted as an OT, I should go for a career as a mime artist).

I think he understood what I was getting at as he nodded and then started waving at me patronisingly as if to say "ah, I see what you mean now and I have agreed with your assessment, dear lady, and feel that this time I can accept your explanation." He didn't bother beeping when I stayed wide on the next stretch with parked cars, so perhaps the message has got through.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Re: I think I might have educated someone tonight
« Reply #1 on: 06 October, 2009, 10:13:09 pm »
I just read this out to Woolly and we're both giggling. Great post, Kirst.  ;D

« Reply #2 on: 06 October, 2009, 10:14:25 pm »
Kirst, you have started the revolution. Cats will lie down with dogs. Marmite haters will at last try just a little taste. In future ages, when humankind sails between the stars, the name of Kirst the Peacemaker will still be sung.
And we saw it first on YACF.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #3 on: 06 October, 2009, 10:16:05 pm »
Hail Kirst!

<she's not the messiah, she's a very naughty girl....>
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Gandalf

• Each snowflake in an avalanche pleads not guilty
« Reply #4 on: 07 October, 2009, 07:23:47 am »
This thread needs youtube though.  :)

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #5 on: 07 October, 2009, 09:15:53 am »
Will you be taking up mime seriously and changing your outfits?

It is simpler than it looks.