Author Topic: RIP Michael Angelis  (Read 1067 times)

RIP Michael Angelis
« on: 31 May, 2020, 12:54:11 pm »
I remember him as the rabbit obsessed brother in "The Liver Birds" , then later as Chrissie in "The Blackstuff" & "Boys From The Blackstuff".   Lots of bit parts as well.   

Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Re: RIP Michael Angelis
« Reply #1 on: 31 May, 2020, 09:47:58 pm »
I remember him as the rabbit obsessed brother in "The Liver Birds" , then later as Chrissie in "The Blackstuff" & "Boys From The Blackstuff".   Lots of bit parts as well.

I didn't watch the Liver Birds very often, and I didn't know who Michael Angelis was, but I distinctly remember the (probably) 15 year old me being very amused by the scene in which the phone rings. Chap answers and says "They're all out, and I'm shampooing me rabbit!" and puts the phone down.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #2 on: 01 June, 2020, 12:16:26 am »
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #3 on: 01 June, 2020, 07:17:51 am »
.... reports in the papers can'r seem to agree on his age - ranges from 67 - 78 ??

The Lucien character was very funny in The Liver Birds ...... which I suppose was a sort of female version of The Likely Lads

Rob

CrazyEnglishTriathlete

• Miles eaten don't satisfy hunger
  • Chartered accountant in 5 different decades
    • CET Ride Reports and Blogs
« Reply #4 on: 05 June, 2020, 08:38:11 am »
Mention of Thomas the Tank engine brings me back to his voice that captured the gentle tales so beautifully, for those days when my boys were small. 
Eddington Numbers 130 (imperial), 182 (metric) 574 (furlongs)  114 (nautical miles)