Author Topic: The health and fitness thread about random things  (Read 463629 times)

Re: The health and fitness thread about random things
« Reply #3100 on: 10 March, 2020, 06:11:29 pm »
Sounds like what I've had for the last 4 weeks.   The cough & sore throat have almost gone, but a few kms of walking today left me needing a 3 hour lie down.   I'm sleeping about 9-10 hours a night as well, which is a lot for me.

Well I'm now in my 2nd week back at work (from home).   Walking a few miles doesn't tire me out & I'm not needing excessive amounts of sleep. 

However I've still got an almost permanent sore throat & post nasal drip so something is still bugging me.    Talking to a colleague from a different office earlier & she's had something very similar as well. 
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

« Reply #3101 on: 10 March, 2020, 10:10:18 pm »
I came over faint on the train home. Which isn't normal for me. I'm hoping it is some combination of dodgy beer and chips and being half way through catching up on the corona virus thread.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

« Reply #3102 on: 10 March, 2020, 10:55:13 pm »
Hope you feel better in the morning.

« Reply #3103 on: 11 March, 2020, 08:58:01 am »
Hope you feel better in the morning.

Thanks. I am feeling much better, though a bit off.
I hope your recovery picks up it's pace.

« Reply #3104 on: 30 March, 2020, 09:02:59 am »
So, yesterday I woke up (late, very late), with a cough, constricted chest, headache and incredible exhaustion.

"O oh, we know what this is." thinks the household. So I sit in splendid (exhausted) isolation all day. By evening, chest ok, no cough. Still tired. Very very tired though. Feel the cold easily.

Can't think I could have thrown off the dreaded bug so quickly (he says, yawning hugely).
<i>Marmite slave</i>

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #3105 on: 30 March, 2020, 09:06:10 am »
Fingers crossed.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #3106 on: 30 March, 2020, 09:18:04 am »
The hand I staved when I came off two weeks back is inexplicably sore this morning.  It was fine last night when I turned the key in the front door. :(

« Reply #3107 on: 30 March, 2020, 10:17:14 am »
Time to restart the 100 pushup programme.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

« Reply #3108 on: 01 April, 2020, 07:38:44 am »

Yeah. Did 10 yesterday and nearly died.

« Reply #3109 on: 09 April, 2020, 08:55:25 pm »
I have just spoken to Jonathan notp and he is in hospital with suspected covid 19
H was difficult to understand. I spoke to his wife katherine who said that although he is seriously ill he is  currently stable. His ms has been getting worse this year and he is often quite  confused 
Not looking good I'm afraid  :(
the slower you go the more you see

« Reply #3110 on: 09 April, 2020, 09:03:39 pm »

Yeah. Did 10 yesterday and nearly died.

Surprising how quickly it builds up.

Initial test 7. Today (W2D1 col 2) was 9,11,8,8,11+ (and managed 12 in that last set), usually 60s-90s rest between the sets (it depends on my daughter as she's doing column 3 although they're very dubious pushups.)
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #3111 on: 09 April, 2020, 09:35:30 pm »
I have just spoken to Jonathan notp and he is in hospital with suspected covid 19
H was difficult to understand. I spoke to his wife katherine who said that although he is seriously ill he is  currently stable. His ms has been getting worse this year and he is often quite  confused 

Sorry to hear this; keeping fingers crossed for him and hoping he pulls through it.

« Reply #3112 on: 09 April, 2020, 09:48:39 pm »

Sorry to hear this; keeping fingers crossed for him and hoping he pulls through it.

Shit.  Fingers crossed.  Take care of yourself Chris.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #3113 on: 09 April, 2020, 11:40:54 pm »
Oh no :(

Thinking of you all...

« Reply #3114 on: 10 April, 2020, 08:16:51 am »
I will keep you all informed of his progress .

« Reply #3115 on: 11 April, 2020, 06:54:43 pm »
The good news is that Jonathan has not got covid 19 but he still is in hospital with breathing problems. Obviously a virus but hopefully less serious. I will keep you updated on his progress   :)

barakta

« Reply #3116 on: 11 April, 2020, 07:15:45 pm »
Not being Covid-19 is good, fingers crossed he can stay free of it, and that he can kick whatever virus/illness he has got.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #3117 on: 13 April, 2020, 09:40:55 am »
Bloody hell. When I had my minor crash a month ago I thought I got off lightly with torn fingernails and a skinned knee, but an hour on the turbo yesterday left me with my left hand and left elbow complaining bitterly, and this morning my left knee doesn't much like taking weight. Bugger.

barakta

« Reply #3118 on: 15 April, 2020, 07:36:21 pm »
I need to email my GP and say buprenorphine patches don't seem to be doing a lot. Today battering everything with what I have cos shoulder pain is affecting my ribs and hurting when I inhale. I suspect pain management is now suspended so if GP isn't happy to try either a higher dose or something else, I'm probably stuck for 6 (more) months. And if the hospital hadn't fucked around with my nerve blocks and hip treatments I'd not be in this situation as I'd have been able to access Plan B or a deeper nerve block before lock down - it's hard not to be fucking cross about that and the age-criticality of my hip treatment now also down the drain for months. I may lose out on permanent mobility because of this and hospital admin incompetence.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #3119 on: 15 April, 2020, 08:07:55 pm »
If I said "I feel your pain" it would be a lie as well as a cliche – it's pretty difficult to imagine what having a Barakta body feels like – but your anger and frustration is both apparent and justified.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

barakta

« Reply #3120 on: 15 April, 2020, 08:17:24 pm »
Thank you, I appreciate that. I think just being able to moan a little bit somewhere without blaming anyone really helps.

And just cos I know folk are worse off doesn't make my shit any less.

Am now trying the medicative effects of ALCOHOL which may actually work better than my prescription drugs  ;D.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #3121 on: 15 April, 2020, 08:24:52 pm »
I raise my pint of Bath Gem in your virtual direction. (I'm actually drinking peppermint tea but hey, next time!)
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #3122 on: 15 April, 2020, 08:37:29 pm »
This does indeed sound sub-optimal.  I hope you can find some effective pain manglement quickly,  and without resorting to local dealers!

What alcofrol are you drinking? I seem to recall a preference for single malt  :D

barakta

« Reply #3123 on: 15 April, 2020, 10:29:00 pm »
Peppermint tea makes a good cheers tool. I am back on the regular tea now.

Alcohol of choice is Southern Comfort. I don't drink it much, but I do quite like it.

« Reply #3124 on: 15 April, 2020, 10:35:13 pm »
I had a spell of drinking single estate dark rum last year.  Sweetish, very smooth & dangerously drinkable !   M&S had a decent selection.  Spanish brandy is nice as well. 

Quite a few of my friends have said they are drinking far more than usual during the lockdown.   Something to watch out for.