Author Topic: ACME Miscellany  (Read 526029 times)

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
Re: ACME Miscellany
« Reply #2200 on: 10 March, 2017, 01:04:20 pm »
Given the existing ACME colour ways I don't think you can get away from a lot of red.  Those members that are both strong and luxurious will just have to breathe in more.  A predominantly red jersey with the ACME lettering on black with red bordering as it is on the Blackmore jerseys would look ace in my view - simple and elegant.

« Reply #2201 on: 10 March, 2017, 01:08:02 pm »
Looking at it like that I kind of agree the red brings it out, lets see what they say. I do still feel that the extra colour complicates it a bit for the 'retro' look but I am no designer.

I wear loads of red.....it's tight fitting clothes that make me look out of shape (or is it just my shape?  ;D)

Let me give that feedback and see where we are.

« Reply #2202 on: 10 March, 2017, 01:19:32 pm »
The merino jersey should look like we wore it in the '60s before updating our design aesthetic for our new Blackmore jerseys all those years later. Some of our number were probably cycling in the 60s.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

The Retiree

• Zappi Clothing Ambassador - http://zappi.clothing/
« Reply #2203 on: 10 March, 2017, 01:22:36 pm »
The merino jersey should look like we wore it in the '60s before updating our design aesthetic for our new Blackmore jerseys all those years later. Some of our number were probably cycling in the 60s.

^^^ would you be able to provide any names Ted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oscar's dad

« Reply #2204 on: 10 March, 2017, 01:53:50 pm »
By the way, in anticipation of everyone unanimously voting in favour of FORWARD PLANNING I did some last night.  Lots of new stuff for everyone to get excited about!

The Retiree

« Reply #2205 on: 10 March, 2017, 02:16:20 pm »
By the way, in anticipation of everyone unanimously voting in favour of FORWARD PLANNING I did some last night.  Lots of new stuff for everyone to get excited about!

The Monkey -Terling included? Onley Arms - Stisted?

Oscar's dad

« Reply #2206 on: 10 March, 2017, 02:21:15 pm »

Yep, plus a couple of suggestions from ted.  I can feel the excitement and anticipation rising.

« Reply #2207 on: 10 March, 2017, 02:29:23 pm »

Yep, plus a couple of suggestions from ted.  I can feel the excitement and anticipation rising.

I strongly encourage forward planning, and as you're taking requests, one that I think would go down well on a fine summer's evening would be the Gate in Sawbridgeworth ... http://thegatepub.weebly.com/

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

« Reply #2208 on: 10 March, 2017, 02:32:16 pm »

I had better not name anyone.

Tomsk, OD, Huggy, Sid and the Hustler might get upset if I named them.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #2209 on: 10 March, 2017, 02:46:09 pm »

I strongly encourage forward planning, and as you're taking requests, one that I think would go down well on a fine summer's evening would be the Gate in Sawbridgeworth ... http://thegatepub.weebly.com/

Blimey, that's even further west than Hatty BO!  I'm not sure we have ever crossed the M11 on a Wednesday evening  :o

Oscar's dad

« Reply #2210 on: 10 March, 2017, 02:48:48 pm »
Nonetheless your suggestion has made it into FORWARD PLANNING  :thumbsup:

The Retiree

« Reply #2211 on: 10 March, 2017, 02:53:06 pm »

I had better not name anyone.

Tomsk, OD, Huggy, Sid and the Hustler might get upset if I named them.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #2212 on: 10 March, 2017, 02:54:06 pm »
The 60s were going well until 1964, then it all went wrong and nothing has been the same since.

« Reply #2213 on: 10 March, 2017, 02:54:38 pm »
Can you plan that ride for a dry and warm evening.  Ideally you should aim for a light wind or at the very least a westerly. If you are going to do this best do it properly.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #2214 on: 10 March, 2017, 03:06:24 pm »
Check out the Facebook page  :demon: :smug: ;D

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #2215 on: 10 March, 2017, 03:52:02 pm »
I like the merino jersey idea and would buy one, thanks  :thumbsup:. ACME logo on its way to you, tippers...

By the way folks, my 'Gavin and Stacey' 400km one-way permanent [Billericay to Barry Island - can of course be reversed] has been given the all-clear: cards ordered and I'll get the route sheet and info onto AUKweb soon.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #2216 on: 10 March, 2017, 03:59:02 pm »
By the way folks, my 'Gavin and Stacey' 400km one-way permanent [Billericay to Barry Island - can of course be reversed] has been given the all-clear: cards ordered and I'll get the route sheet and info onto AUKweb soon.

I like the idea!  But might do it as a tourdax with a proper nights sleep.  Do you have the route on a web map thingy or is it still on paper?

« Reply #2217 on: 10 March, 2017, 05:34:48 pm »
Having had a very enjoyable ride with Bernster on the Horsepower last weekend, during which he advised that he'd be joining ACME as an official points-donating member on AUKweb, I'm very pleased to observe that the deed has been done.

Welcome Bernster.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #2218 on: 10 March, 2017, 05:39:44 pm »
Have you and Bernster been initiated yet?

« Reply #2219 on: 10 March, 2017, 05:45:16 pm »
Have you and Bernster been initiated yet?

Yes

« Reply #2220 on: 10 March, 2017, 05:53:42 pm »
Changing the subject to Holland. OD/Jibers and I are booked on the Fri 15th Sept ferry, and look likely to be joined by a certain tandem. Others welcome for a 200km ride in Holland.

OD/Jibers, we need to get a route agreed. I was thinking we should aim to do circa 75 - 80km straight off the ferry, then stop for some lunch. Another stop at circa 140-150km. Then have a nice meal arranged somewhere close to the ferry, at a distance just over 200km. We've got 14 hours between arriving and departing, but assuming 30 minutes to disembark and arriving 1 hour before departure, we'll have 12.5 hours to play with.

Does that fit in with your thoughts, and the previously thrown together route ideas?

Bernster

• ACME (Herts Branch)
« Reply #2221 on: 10 March, 2017, 05:57:37 pm »
Having had a very enjoyable ride with Bernster on the Horsepower last weekend, during which he advised that he'd be joining ACME as an official points-donating member on AUKweb, I'm very pleased to observe that the deed has been done.

Welcome Bernster.

Hello one and all!

As another member on the Westerly fringes, the Gate in Sawbridgeworth gets my vote too as it's just up the road, although I appreciate it's a very long round trip on a Wednesday for those on the Eastern side  :thumbsup:

« Reply #2222 on: 10 March, 2017, 06:21:22 pm »
It's a 150k round trip.  Mid-June might work.

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #2223 on: 10 March, 2017, 06:52:42 pm »
It's a 150k round trip.  Mid-June might work.

Hmm, possible 200k DIY then?

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #2224 on: 10 March, 2017, 06:54:20 pm »
How about a Gavin and Stacey group Perm this summer?