Author Topic: ACME Miscellany  (Read 526082 times)

Re: ACME Miscellany
« Reply #2300 on: 16 March, 2017, 04:06:45 pm »
Had a little chuckle when I saw this. A new dashboard tool caught my eye, and when I clicked on the Project Management image the name of the project was rather topical. Any news?

https://freeter.io/dashboard-examples/project-management

Are you asking about ACME.bike?  If so I can report its slowly getting there.  The copy is mostly written but needs a bit of tweaking.  What we REALLY need are decent photos so you can all help.  If you are out at the weekend get snapping!  Camera phone photos should be OK but if you've got a proper camera please take it out with you and use it with gay abandon.

Indeed. I've got a local training ride on Sunday, so will take the camera and see what I can come up with. Will aim for scenery shots and shots with the bike in frame. I would expect those doing the Pie run will be able to take some good shots too.

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #2301 on: 16 March, 2017, 04:15:08 pm »
That would be good.  What we also need are photos of thrusting young blades (boy blades and girl blades) doing audacious audax type stuff dressed in ACME jerseys.  Failing that photos of regular ACME members in their jerseys will have to do.

Me and huggy will be out on Saturday so I will ensure we are appropriately dressed.

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #2302 on: 16 March, 2017, 04:55:07 pm »
Can I remind you we already have a shared google album of pictures "Website Contributions Sept2016" with quite a few pictures in it...  :thumbsup:

ETA, I've just put another 62 newer pictures in there just now...
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

« Reply #2303 on: 16 March, 2017, 05:11:23 pm »
Can I remind you we already have a shared google album of pictures "Website Contributions Sept2016" with quite a few pictures in it...  :thumbsup:

ETA, I've just put another 62 newer pictures in there just now...

Excellent, cat photos are most welcome.

« Reply #2304 on: 16 March, 2017, 06:03:20 pm »
acme.bike is currently being moved to a new server :)

It's still on the old one at the moment, but can still be accessed.

May I suggest things like the forward planned events are added on there? That's what it's for...
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

Oscar's dad

« Reply #2305 on: 17 March, 2017, 10:40:36 am »

May I suggest things like the forward planned events are added on there? That's what it's for...

Seen jibers note about FORWARD PLANNING is now onna Google colander?

« Reply #2306 on: 17 March, 2017, 01:10:43 pm »

Yes, that's exactly what I saw! My point is, what's the point of having a website if we're not going to use it?

Oscar's dad

« Reply #2307 on: 17 March, 2017, 01:54:06 pm »

Yes, that's exactly what I saw! My point is, what's the point of having a website if we're not going to use it?

I will email you the FORWARD PLANNING document and you can add the info to the website. TBH you could put the info in all manner of places and it still wouldn't stop some numpty asking "So where are we going this week?"  ;D

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #2308 on: 17 March, 2017, 02:03:18 pm »

I think there's a couple of points for me here - from using them, both have there place I think.

The website events are fine for more organised events we wish to publicly advertise and attract people to, it takes a bit of time to add stuff to an event from the ones I tried but worth it for a permanent and organised event - a bit like Wilkieboys camaudax approach.  They are a bit harder to keep updated if things change.  Adding events probably gets easier with familiarity, but they need to be owned by someone to put them on and keep them updated (between us we haven't broached this subject yet)

For our MEMWNS sessions, doddle to add to the calendar, even a default event length of 2 hours helped ease the cut and paste pain from OD's document, The added plus of a mpa for the location helps too - it integrates in to my personal calendars so I would have done this for myself anyway, but a central location helps spread the load and might prove value for others. A few of us have the ability to add, modify events plus share with people - the key organisers of such events (i.e. Velodrome, pubs fwd planning, coffee, bivi) We play cat and mouse with the locations depending on where we sit in terms of conformist or anarchistic tendencies - so they are 'fluid' suggestions.  There might also be some concern about pre-advertising where we are going to stash our lovely bikes for a couple of hours at night, so restricted distribution and announcement in here might feel safer.

Whilst I am in ACME thoughts mode, can I ask people to get busy on twitter posting stuff and tagging @acme_essex - I am running out of content to post, there's only so much I can content I can generate myself :)  Quite a few of us have twitter accounts, if you are out and about, perhaps a pic and a tweet will help increase our presence if I RT it.  :thumbsup:

ETA: Goes without saying, but appropriate content for @ACME_Essex :) so no big knockers or RT and win posts etc... vaguely audax/bike related would be great ! :)
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

« Reply #2309 on: 17 March, 2017, 02:10:27 pm »
I done a tweet!

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #2310 on: 17 March, 2017, 02:11:25 pm »
Bet its a cat!  ::-)
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

« Reply #2311 on: 17 March, 2017, 02:20:14 pm »
Bet its a cat!  ::-)

It can be if you want!

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #2312 on: 17 March, 2017, 02:21:56 pm »
I take that back, however your account is a protected one, so I can only reply - not RT  :facepalm:
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

« Reply #2313 on: 17 March, 2017, 02:26:12 pm »
I take that back, however your account is a protected one, so I can only reply - not RT  :facepalm:

Fixed it.

« Reply #2314 on: 17 March, 2017, 03:16:31 pm »
Right folks, I'll give it until the end of the weekend. Can you all PM me or respond here or text, email (what ever you like me) to fill in the gaps below.

NameSS/LSSizeQuantity
Tippers Kiwi
SS
XXL
Oscars Dad
LS
XL
tedshred
SS
L
Tomsk
?
?
Psyclist
?
?
JiberJaber
SS
?
LS
?
Bobb
LS
M

They estimate 3 weeks to deliver so there is a chance we may gave them before the arrow if I can get the order in on Monday.

« Reply #2315 on: 17 March, 2017, 03:44:14 pm »
Let's see what I can do with the google calendar API. Then that can power the whole events section of the site  :)

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #2316 on: 17 March, 2017, 03:47:55 pm »
Right folks, I'll give it until the end of the weekend. Can you all PM me or respond here or text, email (what ever you like me) to fill in the gaps below.

NameSS/LSSizeQuantity
Tippers Kiwi
SS
XXL
Oscars Dad
LS
XL
tedshred
?
L
Tomsk
?
?
Psyclist
?
?
JiberJaber
SS
?
LS
?
Bobb
LS
M

They estimate 3 weeks to deliver so there is a chance we may gave them before the arrow if I can get the order in on Monday.

I'll get the tape measure out tonight..

https://www.soigneur.co.nz/soigneur-merino-wool-cycling-jerseys.html

Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

« Reply #2317 on: 17 March, 2017, 03:55:25 pm »
The coffee morning in June has been moved as the original date clashed with my 2017 cycling adventure (doh!)  Google calendar has been amended.

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #2318 on: 17 March, 2017, 08:39:39 pm »

NameSS/LSSizeQuantity
Tippers Kiwi
SS
XXL
Oscars Dad
LS
XL
tedshred
SS
L
Tomsk
?
?
Psyclist
?
?
JiberJaber
SS
?
LS
?
Bobb
LS
M

1x XL SS please think I'll use arm warmers if required....
Cheers Nik.
Regards,

Joergen

BFC

• ACME Wheelwright and Bike Fettler
« Reply #2319 on: 17 March, 2017, 08:56:33 pm »

NameSS/LSSizeQuantity
Tippers Kiwi
SS
XXL
Oscars Dad
LS
XL
tedshred
SS
L
Tomsk
?
?
Psyclist
?
?
JiberJaber
SS
?
LS
?
Bobb
LS
M

1x XL SS please think I'll use arm warmers if required....
Cheers Nik.

1 off SS and 1 off LS in  size L, haven't spotted the bit with the price in the last few pages but remember it as being significant (no problem).

« Reply #2320 on: 18 March, 2017, 10:57:02 pm »
OK, below is my updated order table. JiberJaber made a good point about the potential VAT due to them coming from outside the UK. I will suck some of that up and I will stick by a max price of £110 (for the short sleeve which I mentioned earlier in the thread) and £115 for the long sleeve. If anyone wants out, let me know. I will order tomorrow (Sunday) afternoon so that they have our order Monday morning and we stand a good chance of getting them before Easter.

I am aware they are pricey and I am normally super tight but I do think that these are going to be top quality garments that do the job well.

See the reviews if you have not already HERE - Notice Danial Webb in the Long Island Randonneurs one!

NameSS/LSSizeQuantity
Tippers Kiwi
SS
XXL
Oscars Dad
LS
XL
tedshred
SS
L
Tomsk
LS
M
Psyclist
SS
M
JiberJaber
SS
XL
Bobb
LS
M
BFC
SS
L
LS
L
Andy C33
LS
M

« Reply #2321 on: 19 March, 2017, 11:29:34 am »
Awesome! Let us know how and when you'd like payment...

« Reply #2322 on: 20 March, 2017, 08:27:47 am »
 :thumbsup: ACME Merino Jerseys are going into production.

I'll let you all know payment details via a PM closer to the delivery date.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #2323 on: 20 March, 2017, 08:35:59 am »
Top banana  :thumbsup:

« Reply #2324 on: 20 March, 2017, 08:55:19 am »
:thumbsup: Jerseys ACME Merino Jerseys are going into production.

Sheep have been chosen and put it to grass..... It's a long process!