Author Topic: ACME Miscellany  (Read 526106 times)

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
Re: ACME Miscellany
« Reply #2350 on: 30 March, 2017, 10:18:12 am »
Can I point out that it's the Maldon beer festival next week, and it is open on Wednesday... whilst the Royal Oak was nice, I'm not sure we've done the beer festival?  Details in the Calendar

Fair enough, I'm happy to try the Maldon Beer fest. 

« Reply #2351 on: 03 April, 2017, 10:40:47 pm »
Update on the jersey's. They were sent on the 30th and are now in Coventry awaiting customs clearance. All going well we will hopefully have them before Easter.

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #2352 on: 03 April, 2017, 10:53:11 pm »
Update on the jersey's. They were sent on the 30th and are now in Coventry awaiting customs clearance. All going well we will hopefully have them before Easter.

Cracking news!
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

« Reply #2353 on: 04 April, 2017, 06:21:04 am »
Yippee!  Do you need money?

« Reply #2354 on: 04 April, 2017, 08:12:08 am »
I'll let you all know once I get the 'letter' (they actually say Letter) from HMRC telling me how much they think the items are worth.

« Reply #2355 on: 04 April, 2017, 09:07:44 am »
I'll let you all know once I get the 'letter' (they actually say Letter) from HMRC telling me how much they think the items are worth.

Value is in the eye of the beholder, and I guess some arbitrary classification system for import duties.

Do shout when total cost known, together with preferred payment method.

I'm looking forward to seeing the end product, and riding in style.

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

« Reply #2356 on: 04 April, 2017, 10:37:44 am »
Right, I phoned Parcel Force who were able to confirm the Customs Charges that will need to be paid. I am happy to report the prices remain as per up thread

Short Sleeves £110.00
Long Sleeves £115.00

I will drop a PM out to those who have ordered with my bank details and paypal details. My preference would be to pay directly into my bank but if you want to go via paypal I can live with that.

The Parcel Force guy said it should be with the local Depot tomorrow and I can ring to pay the customs charges at that point and it will then be out for delivery the following day. Hopefully I will have my grubby little mitts on them by Friday.

EDIT: All who have ordered should now have a PM. (Jibers, obviously you can ignore the request re. the York Booking)

« Reply #2357 on: 06 April, 2017, 10:41:39 am »
Jerseys are now at home! Woohoo
Unboxing

Front

Back

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #2358 on: 06 April, 2017, 11:56:28 am »
Looks fantastic...  :thumbsup:
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #2359 on: 06 April, 2017, 01:00:23 pm »
Looks fantastic...  :thumbsup:

I agree. Keeping it simple has really worked. I'm looking forward to riding in style!

Oscar's dad

« Reply #2360 on: 06 April, 2017, 01:55:12 pm »
Can I collect mine this afternoon???  You at home???

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #2361 on: 06 April, 2017, 02:00:32 pm »
I'm chatting with Nik about a collection this afternoon, could swing past yours and drop off if that helps...
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #2362 on: 06 April, 2017, 02:03:43 pm »
I am not but Catherine will be home about 4pm. I will be home around 7ish.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #2363 on: 06 April, 2017, 02:23:24 pm »
I'm chatting with Nik about a collection this afternoon, could swing past yours and drop off if that helps...

I'll be home in about an hour I'd you like to drop mine in. That would be great!

« Reply #2364 on: 06 April, 2017, 02:29:37 pm »

How big a detour are you willing to do  :)

But seriously, would you be able to pick mine up and give to me next Thursday?

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #2365 on: 06 April, 2017, 02:59:26 pm »

If Nik's happy to release it, then yep :)
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #2366 on: 06 April, 2017, 03:00:45 pm »

The instruction has been sent!

« Reply #2367 on: 06 April, 2017, 03:46:50 pm »

Thank you both  :)

Oscar's dad

« Reply #2368 on: 06 April, 2017, 04:03:33 pm »
Yesterday evening ...

Me, AndyC333333333333333 and huggy set off bound for TMNH to meet Jan (who has a new name?) and Son of Jan (Jos) who is a medical student (I really must show him my interesting rash).  The plan was to attend the Maldon Beer Fest but I wanted to pop into The Royal Oak, Hazeleigh for a quickie so it could be ticked off for FORWARD PLANNING purposes.  But that treacherous git huggy had different ideas!

We met Jan and The Doctor as planned and were proceeding along The Ridge on the route I had carefully planned to achieve the abovementioned objectives.  Then suddenly huggy called for a left turn down Runsell Lane; it took me a minute or two before I realised what he was up to  >:(  His detour would mean we wouldn't go past the Royal Oak!  So I broke away and proceeded alone to the RO - and it was a very nice ride!

I got there and was just working out where to park Fred when the rest of the peloton turned up.  Their direct route to Maldon meant they had got to the beer fest way too early so they decided to visit the RO after all  ::-)

Anyhow, we had a pint and carried onto the beer fest where a pleasant time was had by all.  jibers and Tomsk were already there when we arrived.

We hope to see The Doctor [1] again, there is a pickled egg with his name on it in a pub somewhere in mid-Essex.

[1] By the way, he told us that having your hair washed at the barbers or hairdressers can cause you to have a stroke!   :o  That was a Public Service Announcement that was  :thumbsup:

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #2369 on: 06 April, 2017, 04:54:36 pm »

Thank you both  :)

I have yours here - they are very nice and come in a posh box.... how exactly do you want it delivered next Thursday? I can leave it in the car to go up to York, or bring it along (with/without the box?) ?
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #2370 on: 06 April, 2017, 05:45:15 pm »

I have yours here - they are very nice and come in a posh box.... how exactly do you want it delivered next Thursday? I can leave it in the car to go up to York, or bring it along (with/without the box?) ?

Since Nik was kind enough to order them in time for the Arrow, it feels appropriate that it should be worn on said ride, especially as I will have Britain's answer to Ansel Adams on my team.

Could I request that you bring the jersey to the rendez-vous on Thursday? Be nice to use the box, but the logistics of trying to bring it back from York makes me think it's better to donate it to yourselves or recycling.

Thanks again.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #2371 on: 06 April, 2017, 05:54:27 pm »
I've just tried mine on, photo on the FB page, they are very, very nice and almost too good to wear!  I have folded mine up and put it back in the box wrapped in the tissue paper it came in.  If anyone ordered an XL short sleeve and it doesn't fit I will offer them £50 for it  ;D

Phil W

« Reply #2372 on: 06 April, 2017, 08:58:19 pm »
Good folk of ACME

I'll be passing through London next Thursday to the start of an ACME Easter Arrow ride. Can any of you advise me of bike facilities on trains from London Liverpool Street to Chelmsford? I'll be coming on an afternoon train before any restrictions apply. I'll have my low racer recumbent which is longer than a road bike but can be tipped vertically if necessary.

I'm debating between an intercity train with guards van but needs to be reserved and fixes my time or trying for a "commuter" train.

« Reply #2373 on: 06 April, 2017, 09:50:36 pm »
I spoke to Greater Anglia a while back about the Intercity thing, reservations only mean you can't get bumped, you can still rock up and try your luck, personally I doubt you will have any issues.

You will be fine on any of the other trains during the day. If you try to take one of the newer model trains and get on the Wheelchair carriage there is loads of room by the bog where the seat flip up, you will fit it on easy there. Alternatively just poke it in towards the seats.

bhoot

• MemSec (ex-Mrs RRtY)
« Reply #2374 on: 06 April, 2017, 11:18:40 pm »
Unless we are taking the tandem to/from stations beyond Ipswich we generally avoid the intercity trains and go for the "local" ones. I don't think many inter-cities stop at Chelmsford anyway, whereas nearly all (or all) local trains do.
As Tippers says the newest trains (darker blue with "frameless" windows like this http://www.docbrown.info/docspics/ArchiveSteam/lococlass360.htm) are the best with an easily accessible space. The older trains often have a long space at one end (usually non-London) with tip up seats but it can be slightly tricky to access, though we can get the tandem in there.
Assuming you are getting a train not too long before the cut off time, we might be fighting you for the space at Liverpool Street!