Author Topic: ACME Miscellany  (Read 526052 times)

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
Re: ACME Miscellany
« Reply #2450 on: 05 May, 2017, 01:15:44 pm »
ACME should really have a latin motto.

Which will form the basis of the compulsory ACME / MEMWNS tattoo.   

Oscar's dad

« Reply #2451 on: 09 May, 2017, 05:03:04 pm »
I know this has been mooted before but I think we need ACME mudflaps from Raw.  I like the idea of front and back flaps, I note they do back flaps EXTRA LONG!

Please have a look at their site and let me know what you think.  I am happy to co-ordinate the ordering etc.

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #2452 on: 09 May, 2017, 06:45:01 pm »
I know this has been mooted before but I think we need ACME mudflaps from Raw.  I like the idea of front and back flaps, I note they do back flaps EXTRA LONG!

Please have a look at their site and let me know what you think.  I am happy to co-ordinate the ordering etc.

Yes  :thumbsup:

I'm sure someone (Andrew?) mentioned about getting some quite a while ago - sort of around when we were doing the first jerseys
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #2453 on: 09 May, 2017, 07:18:47 pm »
ACME mudflaps?

This has been mentioned previously, and the topic came up again at the weekend when I was riding with a 'not long enough' rear mudguard. Presumably somebody has a suitably high quality ACME logo that could be thrown onto a mudflap and sold via the ACME shop? The two companies that I am aware that could make them up are:

https://www.topflaps.co.uk/ - they provide a wide version, which would suit those with 32 / 35mm tyres. No updates on their website for a year though.
http://rawmudflap.uk/ - the other option

Thoughts?

'Twas I .... and a 'yes' from me too  :)

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

« Reply #2454 on: 10 May, 2017, 10:19:45 am »
It's a yes from me.

If anyone needs any help with installation, I'm here for you.
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

Oscar's dad

« Reply #2455 on: 10 May, 2017, 10:37:08 am »
It's a yes from me.

So incredulous was I on reading your last sentence my body didn't know how to react. In a nano second the choices got narrowed down to laughing or farting - it was the latter. Mercifully I am alone.

The Retiree

• Zappi Clothing Ambassador - http://zappi.clothing/
« Reply #2456 on: 10 May, 2017, 10:54:08 am »
It's a yes from me.

So incredulous was I on reading you last sentence my body didn't know how to react. In a nano second the choices got narrowed down to laughing or farting - it was the latter. Mercifully I am alone.

I'm still trying to decide whether Ted's Simon Cowell or David Walliams in relation to his first line........  ::-) :facepalm:

« Reply #2457 on: 10 May, 2017, 10:57:35 am »
You always pick up on the high cultural references though DL.

« Reply #2458 on: 10 May, 2017, 10:58:28 am »
It's a yes from me.

So incredulous was I on reading you last sentence my body didn't know how to react. In a nano second the choices got narrowed down to laughing or farting - it was the latter. Mercifully I am alone.

I can't help with that but I am available for a wide range of mechanical jobs and advice.

The Retiree

« Reply #2459 on: 10 May, 2017, 10:58:46 am »
You always pick up on the high cultural references though DL.

I've made my mind up...... definitely Walliams!!  :P

« Reply #2460 on: 10 May, 2017, 10:59:23 am »
Ohhh, you are naughty.

The Retiree

« Reply #2461 on: 10 May, 2017, 11:00:01 am »
Ohhh, you are naughty.

It's a YES from me  ;D

« Reply #2462 on: 10 May, 2017, 11:02:37 am »
Sorry DL, I think you need a talent to be in this game.  Being able to fit into really small spaces doesn't count.

The Retiree

« Reply #2463 on: 10 May, 2017, 11:04:18 am »
Sorry DL, I think you need a talent to be in this game.  Being able to fit into really small spaces doesn't count.
:'( have you paid any visits to the Monkey yet? Owls Hill tearooms also come highly recommended for lunch Weds-Fri  :thumbsup:

« Reply #2464 on: 10 May, 2017, 11:22:16 am »
Yes, I took some of my colleagues there for an exploratory lunch the other day, very nice.  They also do take away fish and chips which may come in handy.

I hadn't worked out when the tea room was actually open so that is handy to know.  I may even pop down at lunchtime.

The Retiree

« Reply #2465 on: 10 May, 2017, 11:26:00 am »
Yes, I took some of my colleagues there for an exploratory lunch the other day, very nice.  They also do take away fish and chips which may come in handy.

I hadn't worked out when the tea room was actually open so that is handy to know.  I may even pop down at lunchtime.

Not a huge offer at the tearooms but Sarah the owner is lovely and the sarnies and quiche are always very enjoyable  :thumbsup:

« Reply #2466 on: 10 May, 2017, 11:26:53 am »
Quiche !

As if.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #2467 on: 10 May, 2017, 11:40:59 am »
We can discuss mudflaps this evening.

« Reply #2468 on: 11 May, 2017, 08:57:36 am »
I am sad to report that there was no discussion about mudflaps at the Hurdlemaker.  There was, however, plenty of the usual nonsense and an initiation.

I turned up in the beer garden just as Tomsk was unloading his, notably, geared bike (there must be a big ride coming up this year...).  In the pub I found OD, Huggy, Tippers, Jane and Jane's Personal Photographer just about to join Mr and Mrs Jaber who were in the middle of a romantic candlelit dinner for two.  No one saw Jiber arrive or leave by bike so suspicion abounds that he simply travelled in the team car with his kit.

OD was in a particularly mischievous frame of mind, which always makes for an entertaining evening.  It seems he is now going to go fixed; not because of the Zen of it but because he wants to buy a Pompino and give it an appropriately vulgar name.  Then he remembered that Jane had not been initiated which prompted him to buy a round of pickled eggs and salt and vinegar crisps (for those who partake in such things anyway).  Sadly for him, it transpired that Jane really liked pickled eggs, which is never as much fun.

Meanwhile Jane's Personal Photographer was doing a grand job with the kitty.  Between us we sampled Wibblers' Craft Stoat, Darkstar's Hophead and Mighty Oak's Hop Music (Tippers described it as having vanilla notes - groan  :facepalm:).  Hophead narrowly edged the Quaffers' Choice Award. We noted that the punful times continue at the Hurdlemakers next week when they have Hoptimistic and Hop Black on the pumps.

By the time it came to leave, the temperature had dropped considerably.  When we went to the Hurdlemakers in the depths of winter it was snowing when we left.  It was dry last night but, if anything, colder.  I had 3 degrees on my Garmin by the time I crossed the Strood, which doesn't feel like the middle of May.  The civilised among us are looking forwards to the long balmy nights when we get to wear our sandals to the pub and put on socks for the way home.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #2469 on: 11 May, 2017, 09:13:40 am »
...  The civilised among us are looking forwards to the long balmy nights when we get to wear our sandals to the pub and put on socks for the way home.

Good point, I must hunt down my socks with toes, The Current Mrs R was threatening to do nasty fings to them so they may have met a sticky end  >:(

Anyhow it was a fun night and I hope you continue with your new look ted as the old one was decidedly shite  ;D :-*

Oh, in other news, we had a look at the dog poo bin at the bottom of TMNH and I think I have a plan for the freewheel challenge. 

The Retiree

« Reply #2470 on: 11 May, 2017, 09:26:37 am »

Anyhow it was a fun night and I hope you continue with your new look ted as the old one was decidedly shite  ;D :-*

Whats this new look that you speak of........  ::-) he wasn't actually smiling was he  :o ???

Oscar's dad

« Reply #2471 on: 11 May, 2017, 09:32:17 am »

Whats this new look that you speak of........  ::-) he wasn't actually smiling was he  :o ???

You weren't there so I can't tell you!

The Retiree

« Reply #2472 on: 11 May, 2017, 09:36:33 am »

I just had a recheck of Jibers pictures from last night and I still see the glum face with the only difference being his ACME cap  :-\
You weren't there so I can't tell you!

« Reply #2473 on: 12 May, 2017, 02:42:47 pm »
I have 2 tickets for the Spin Cycling Festival for tomorrow if anyone wants them....Free of course.

PM me and I'll email them over.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #2474 on: 12 May, 2017, 02:48:21 pm »
I have 2 tickets for the Spin Cycling Festival for tomorrow if anyone wants them....Free of course.

After this morning's 0645hrs physical abuse episode thinly disguised as a spin session I can't imagine anything worse, so I will decline your kind offer  ;D