Author Topic: ACME Miscellany  (Read 526059 times)

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
Re: ACME Miscellany
« Reply #4800 on: 25 December, 2021, 01:59:46 pm »
Merry Christmas Everyone! Hope to see you all in the new year  :)

:thumbsup: Merry Christmas to all our chums!  :-*

« Reply #4801 on: 25 December, 2021, 07:14:36 pm »
Merry Christmas to you all!

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #4802 on: 01 January, 2022, 05:18:34 pm »
Happy New Year, people!

And suddenly LEL entry is upon us, from 07/01/22. Who's up for it and what time are you thinking of starting? I'm probably going for the last group as in 2017 - this time though I believe that's 13:00, but we have until April to decide and to arrange team entry?

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #4803 on: 01 January, 2022, 05:28:39 pm »
Happy New Year, people!

And suddenly LEL entry is upon us, from 07/01/22. Who's up for it and what time are you thinking of starting? I'm probably going for the last group as in 2017 - this time though I believe that's 13:00, but we have until April to decide and to arrange team entry?
I'm really torn about entry, I kept my membership running especially for this but at the moment I can't imagine being able to ride that far with the time I have available to get ready for it... But I guess you've got to be in it to do it... Hmmmm
Regards,

Joergen

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #4804 on: 02 January, 2022, 09:17:23 am »
I'm really torn about entry, I kept my membership running especially for this but at the moment I can't imagine being able to ride that far with the time I have available to get ready for it... But I guess you've got to be in it to do it... Hmmmm

Only you will be able to judge your commitments and training opportunities for this year, but here's my two penn'orth:

In 2005, for my first LEL, (I was 47 at the time), I did a bare minimum of preparation - we'd recently moved house, so I was very taken up with DIY etc, plus #2 sprog was still pre-school, which limited time further as I was then Number One Parent. I mostly trained on short rides, often pulling a fairly solid-for-his-age J in a trailer. My 400km ride was scuppered by my sister's Silver Wedding plans, so nothing longer than a 300! I still managed to get up to Edinburgh in under 2 days, though had a very leisurely ride back with very little night riding.

« Reply #4805 on: 03 January, 2022, 06:37:32 pm »
I can feel that I'm going to get FOMO on this one :-( but I've made promises at home and the consequences of going back on those might mean a lot more living in a bivy than I would ever like :facepalm:

I'll say now though, I have a pass for PBP 2023 and I'm aiming to join an Arrow team (which I'm allowed to say now it's the new year) for this year, quite keen to Arrow on Fixed as well....that will focus my mind!

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #4806 on: 03 January, 2022, 08:24:48 pm »
I can feel that I'm going to get FOMO on this one :-( but I've made promises at home and the consequences of going back on those might mean a lot more living in a bivy than I would ever like :facepalm:

I'll say now though, I have a pass for PBP 2023 and I'm aiming to join an Arrow team (which I'm allowed to say now it's the new year) for this year, quite keen to Arrow on Fixed as well....that will focus my mind!

ACME Dynamite Fixed  :thumbsup:

ACME Grand in September as a PBP 2023 pre-qualifier? Only a three-day pass required ...

« Reply #4807 on: 03 January, 2022, 09:17:43 pm »

ACME Grand in September as a PBP 2023 pre-qualifier? Only a three-day pass required ...

Quote from: Tomsk
  :thumbsup:
Quote from: Tomsk
  You're naughty! Will have to see how I progress this year...

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #4808 on: 04 January, 2022, 07:45:36 am »
So, 2022...

LEL - did think about it but no, too much and inconvenient dates.

However, I do need to put my backside into a forward gear after 2 years of getting fatter and less fit.  Therefore...

A cycling challenge of some sort is on the cards.  If any folks who aren't keen on LEL want to join me in pooling ideas then pool away.  I wouldn't rule out some sort of audax type thing.

felstedrider

« Reply #4809 on: 04 January, 2022, 10:18:13 am »

I don't yet have plans for Easter.

« Reply #4810 on: 04 January, 2022, 10:25:43 am »
So, 2022...

However, I do need to put my backside into a forward gear after 2 years of getting fatter and less fit.  Therefore...

A cycling challenge of some sort is on the cards.  If any folks who aren't keen on LEL want to join me in pooling ideas then pool away.  I wouldn't rule out some sort of audax type thing.
Defo up for increasing distance and learning anything I can on how to ride for longer and further. Current goal is for a 600.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #4811 on: 04 January, 2022, 11:16:43 am »
So, 2022...

Defo up for increasing distance and learning anything I can on how to ride for longer and further. Current goal is for a 600.

Lets have a chat when we next see each other.

« Reply #4812 on: 04 January, 2022, 11:58:34 am »
So, 2022...

A weekend ride to New Zealand and back is on my list this year, probably via Ireland

Oscar's dad

« Reply #4813 on: 04 January, 2022, 12:23:23 pm »
So, 2022...

A weekend ride to New Zealand and back is on my list this year, probably via Ireland

Really?  Is that like how we rode to California a few years back?  The one in Norfolk!

bhoot

• MemSec (ex-Mrs RRtY)
« Reply #4814 on: 04 January, 2022, 12:24:15 pm »
As in New Zealand Wiltshire and Ireland Bedfordshire?
If so sounds like a great idea for a ride

« Reply #4815 on: 04 January, 2022, 01:17:44 pm »
Add Greenland, New York, Moscow, Egypt, Columbia and Sydney and Tippers trip starts to take on global proportions

« Reply #4816 on: 04 January, 2022, 01:29:17 pm »
Add Greenland, New York, Moscow, Egypt, Columbia and Sydney and Tippers trip starts to take on global proportions

« Reply #4817 on: 04 January, 2022, 02:09:56 pm »
So, 2022...

Lets have a chat when we next see each other.
Look forward to it  :thumbsup:

BFC

• ACME Wheelwright and Bike Fettler
« Reply #4818 on: 04 January, 2022, 03:02:47 pm »

I'm up for a fixed ride to York.
The new fixed bike has a few luxury extras compared to last time (bottle cages and a rear brake) and has been through it's proving rides without issues.

I'm doubtfull about LEL or PBP - food wise, theres a limit to the range on emergency jelly babies after avoiding most common foodstuffs. I always avoided stopping in France on work trips because of the food.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #4819 on: 04 January, 2022, 03:16:25 pm »
... I always avoided stopping in France on work trips because of the food.

;D France isn't all frog's legs and snails you know. 

Bernster

• ACME (Herts Branch)
« Reply #4820 on: 04 January, 2022, 03:45:33 pm »
Keen for a ride to York too (albeit with my one cog very much not fixed)  :hand:

« Reply #4821 on: 04 January, 2022, 08:11:49 pm »

All these places are also in the UK

« Reply #4822 on: 04 January, 2022, 08:45:36 pm »

All these places are also in the UK

I'm still impressed! :thumbsup:

« Reply #4823 on: 04 January, 2022, 09:01:06 pm »

I really fancy shoving some suitably obese tyres on my Tripster and doing some COR. Maybe South Downs or King Alfred's. I may even start using words like "Bikepacking"  :P
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #4824 on: 04 January, 2022, 09:28:04 pm »

I really fancy shoving some suitably obese tyres on my Tripster and doing some COR. Maybe South Downs or King Alfred's. I may even start using words like "Bikepacking"  :P

Unbelievable, what a poseur you are Bobb. I bet that after a summer of surfin' the trails you'll be growing a beard for next winter and riding fixed.