Author Topic: ACME goes European  (Read 15361 times)

Re: ACME goes European
« Reply #125 on: 12 September, 2019, 09:11:10 am »

A small favour for those of you coming over from the UK, if you have space in your bag, could you bring some cadbury wispa and/or twirl chocolate bars please?

Cadbury's chocolate is really hard to get over here, and I kinda miss it...

J

Acquired some of each, and hopefully they'll survive the journey across intact. I'm surprised you've not succumbed to the far superior continental chocolate though ...

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #126 on: 12 September, 2019, 04:06:14 pm »

Acquired some of each, and hopefully they'll survive the journey across intact. I'm surprised you've not succumbed to the far superior continental chocolate though ...

I've yet to find the superior continental stuff. Everything round these parts seem to be milka. :(

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

« Reply #127 on: 12 September, 2019, 09:45:02 pm »

In Amsterdam there are a few ex-pat shops  I know people who go to this one.
Loads of choice with in-store pickup option.

https://www.kellys-expat-shopping.nl/en/british-groceries/

Also in Bloemendaal Village there is a delicatessent called Rutte who have a selection of cadburys and other British stuff. Ideal if you combine it with a training ride to 'het kopje'  :thumbsup:

There is also one in Amstelveen but I can't find it on line.

Regards,

Alan

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #128 on: 12 September, 2019, 10:35:30 pm »
Milka is lovely, far nicer than Cadbury but that's easier to say when we can get Cadbury anytime...

Anyhow, we've on the boat, bit of a delay as it was late due to only having only one engine...

Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #129 on: 15 September, 2019, 01:37:53 pm »
Managed to meet up with the Acme peloton for a short trip through North Brabant on Saturday afternoon including lunch and beer tasting session which I managed to resist.

Hopefully all made it safely to their hotel and onwards to Hoek today.
Enjoyed the company and we were blessed with terrific weather and tailwinds.
If there is a next time I need to take a different bike as they do like a bit of off-road  :D

Thks Acme, maybe see you on one of your audax events next year.
Regards,

Alan

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #130 on: 15 September, 2019, 02:39:31 pm »
If there is a next time I need to take a different bike as they do like a bit of off-road

No that’s cheating!  Comedy off-roading must be done on your least suitable bike, it’s the law!

« Reply #131 on: 15 September, 2019, 07:42:48 pm »
If there is a next time I need to take a different bike as they do like a bit of off-road

No that’s cheating!  Comedy off-roading must be done on your least suitable bike, it’s the law!

Hmmmm... COR...
I thought the off road was poor planning but it seems to be perfectly normal ACME activity documented under the FAQ section of their website... didn't do my homework. :facepalm:
Regards,

Alan

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #132 on: 15 September, 2019, 07:53:39 pm »
Perfectly normal!  Come to Mid-Essex for the full experience including pickled eggs!

« Reply #133 on: 16 September, 2019, 12:51:25 pm »
Thks Acme

It was great to have you join us, and quixoticgeek the previous day.

The sections of gravel and sand weren't planned as such, but they added interest.

Our final day featured a headwind for much of the time, but it wasn't too strong. Willemstad was its usual busy self on a sunny Sunday, supplemented by a Shanty taking place in the square and on the quayside.

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43