Author Topic: Mille Cymru - Help Wanted  (Read 1876 times)

JohnHamilton

Mille Cymru - Help Wanted
« on: 24 May, 2010, 08:25:54 pm »
By now most of you will have heard about the main event for this year. The level of fear and excitement is well debated elsewhere on this forum.

Suffice to say that the demand for this event has been rather larger than I anticipated. So (in the words of the Beatles) "Help" I'm looking for anyone who's up for helping out with feeding beans on toast to tired riders at 3am (it's more fun than it sounds). If you can spare even a few hours between Thursday 22nd and Monday 26th July to lend a hand at Llanwrtyd or Upton Magna (or indeed anywhere else on the course) please get in touch with me for more details.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
Re: Mille Cymru - Help Wanted
« Reply #1 on: 24 May, 2010, 08:36:27 pm »
Well, as I have already made a tentative offer earlier by PM, I'd better make it official here.

I'll be at Llanwrtyd from friday night.  :thumbsup:

BTW, I have a great recipe for beans.

1)  Heat beans
2)  Serve.

Good, eh?
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #2 on: 24 May, 2010, 08:48:06 pm »
I may be able help at Upton Magna.What do you need/want?

Martin

« Reply #3 on: 24 May, 2010, 09:28:45 pm »
as we mused yesterday; you may well have a lot of helpers by day 2  ;D

JohnHamilton

« Reply #4 on: 25 May, 2010, 08:09:02 am »
I may be able help at Upton Magna.What do you need/want?

Upton Magna will be open for registration and the start from Thursday evening through to Friday morning, plus setting up before and clearing up and loading ready to head for Llanwrttyd after.

The finish runs from Sun evening through to Monday (latest finish time 11am for AUK validation). Plus cleaning up afterwards (always the hardest part of the job).

With all that there's plenty of jobs - unloading & setting up, cooking, handling registration/controlling, marshalling the start.

JohnHamilton

« Reply #5 on: 25 May, 2010, 08:09:45 am »
Well, as I have already made a tentative offer earlier by PM, I'd better make it official here.

Thanks Basil (and all others who have already volunteered).

JohnHamilton

« Reply #6 on: 25 May, 2010, 08:10:22 am »
as we mused yesterday; you may well have a lot of helpers by day 2  ;D

I'd rather hope they'll at least make it to Day 3

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #7 on: 07 June, 2010, 04:39:06 pm »
I have no knowledge of the control at Upton Magna so wish to ask if there is space for me to park my caravan there to provide accommodation for me(& possibly mrs. jogler)?

JohnHamilton

« Reply #8 on: 07 June, 2010, 06:15:57 pm »
Loads of room. There's a big field next to the hall which I offer to riders camping for the weekend. And holds caravan rallies occasionally.