Author Topic: PBP campsite ?????  (Read 12312 times)

flobble

Re: PBP campsite ?????
« Reply #25 on: 05 July, 2011, 02:55:28 pm »
Anybody know where the temporary campsite will be? I'm going to be travelling by Eurostar/RER with the bike in a bag and the rest of my stuff in a (small) rucksack; would be useful to know if it's walkable from the RER station. (Ridiculous to be carrying a bike I know) but I'm don't have the tiem to travel by any other route and I'm not ready to take the risk of being separated from my wheels so that means a bike bag, which means I then have to carry it...

CramCycle

• Mille Failte
    • The Bicycling Biochemist
« Reply #26 on: 05 July, 2011, 03:34:52 pm »
Anyone know any areas nearby where someone could go fly-tenting? I found a few large open areas nearby so I might risk that and then drop my tent into a locker for the 4 days unless someone else has found a reasonably priced campsite (stupidly didn't book at registration).

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #27 on: 05 July, 2011, 03:37:32 pm »
I vaguely recall reading that they'll be opening a small part of the normal campground for booked PBPers.  If so, the walking route will be a slightly shorter version of Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines to Unknown road - Google Maps  It is still a long way to carry a bagged bike, I'd take a taxi.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

JStone

• E=112
« Reply #28 on: 05 July, 2011, 03:55:01 pm »
Anybody know where the temporary campsite will be? ...

There's some info on page C under 'Collection of documents' (para e) of the registration info I got today - Base de Loisirs, collect access card at tourist office or at registration in the gymnasium.
Néophyte > 2007 > Ancien > 2011 > Récidiviste

« Reply #29 on: 06 July, 2011, 05:10:22 pm »
Email received today from the Office of Tourism of StQeY (with lots of other email address in the cc: field. Naughty...):-

"
Madame, Monsieur,

Vous avez réservé, au moment de votre inscription au Paris-Brest-Paris 2011 ,  un emplacement de camping à Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines.

Par ce courrier nous vous confirmons votre réservation.

Vous recevrez d’ici trois semaines- un mois un nouveau courrier avec plus détails sur la localisation de ce camping et surtout les modalités de retrait des cartes  qui vous seront indispensables pour pouvoir accéder à l’aire de camping mise en en place à l’occasion du Paris-Brest-Paris.

Cordialement,

Office de Tourisme **
"
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

flobble

« Reply #30 on: 06 July, 2011, 05:44:52 pm »
Got one of those too. No registration info for the ride itself yet though :-(

Andrew

« Reply #31 on: 06 July, 2011, 07:38:46 pm »
(with lots of other email address in the cc: field. Naughty...):-

Yes indeed. Someone ought 'ave a word'.

Seems like they haven't quite decided where it is yet though!

Panoramix

• .--. .- -. --- .-. .- -- .. -..-
  • Suus cuique crepitus bene olet
    • Some routes
« Reply #32 on: 06 July, 2011, 07:50:45 pm »
I am not yet qualified for PBP but have a spot at the campsite!
Chief cat entertainer.

Salvatore

• Джон Спунър
    • Pics
« Reply #33 on: 27 July, 2011, 09:27:07 pm »
I've had the email detailing location of the campsite and the practicalities of getting your campsite and parking passes, and I notice that camping is available from Friday 19th rather than Saturday 20th (as stated on the confirmation of entry). We've still got to get out by noon on Friday 26th.
et avec John, excellent lecteur de road-book, on s'en est sortis sans erreur

AndyH

« Reply #34 on: 27 July, 2011, 10:08:14 pm »
Yes, good news as I'll be arriving on the Friday. Many others of this parish get a space?

« Reply #35 on: 28 July, 2011, 12:57:05 pm »
I've got a camping spot I don't need, so I'll probably be replying saying they can reallocate it (and keep the €2 or whatever it was).

I can't think of any easy way of transferring it to anyone else. I won't get to StQeY until Saturday afternoon so it's no use for the Friday night.

CramCycle

• Mille Failte
« Reply #36 on: 28 July, 2011, 01:15:43 pm »
I've got a camping spot I don't need, so I'll probably be replying saying they can reallocate it (and keep the €2 or whatever it was).

I can't think of any easy way of transferring it to anyone else. I won't get to StQeY until Saturday afternoon so it's no use for the Friday night.

If there is a way of taking it off you I will happily oblige (and pay for it obviously), I presumed if I just turned up with your name and number that would be enough?

Panoramix

• .--. .- -. --- .-. .- -- .. -..-
  • Suus cuique crepitus bene olet
    • Some routes
« Reply #37 on: 28 July, 2011, 01:17:05 pm »
I am trying to transfer mine so will let you know how I get on.
Chief cat entertainer.

« Reply #38 on: 28 July, 2011, 04:12:04 pm »

Yes please. CramCycle you can have first dibs on mine.

CramCycle

• Mille Failte
« Reply #39 on: 28 July, 2011, 04:25:05 pm »

Yes please. CramCycle you can have first dibs on mine.

Gentleman, it's much appreciated. Probably be alot nicer than my plan to go fly tenting.

« Reply #40 on: 06 August, 2011, 07:53:18 pm »

Any news on this?

Andrew

« Reply #41 on: 10 August, 2011, 05:08:17 pm »
The campsite is closed (according to the regulations I've just read) from 8pm to 8am. By 'closed', I hope they don't mean we'll be denied access since I fully anticipate finishing in the small hours and will be desperately in need of kip!

« Reply #42 on: 11 August, 2011, 09:16:01 am »
I'm assuming it means that you won't be able to check in and pitch during the night as I can't see that they would be imposing a curfew.

My first interpretation had been that they might chuck us out of the site at dusk, which (I hope) is not right!

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #43 on: 11 August, 2011, 10:23:10 am »
Hi,

Had looked at the Huttopia site in versialles but found that they want 300 euro

for 8 nights............didn't want to erect tent after finish!!!!!

We decided to use Huttopia....with an actual hut.  Shared, it doesn't work out too expensive