Author Topic: PBP - Official Jersey  (Read 6832 times)

3peaker

• RRTY Mad 42 up
PBP - Official Jersey
« on: 12 June, 2011, 04:53:22 pm »
Cannot find a specific site so here goes.  With Orders going in a few things I find:

Zip: Is that a full length zip at last!?
Sizing:  Seems out of touch with our (UK) simple S,M,L,XL.  PBP have used Italian mfrs in the past. I have checked my previous PBP editions and reckon that our (Impsport) L is about XXL/XXXL.  So I am going for 2XL this time, where I find UK M streamline fit and L comfy fit.
Price: Seems good value.
Design: Suits me
SteveP

Promoting : Cheltenham Flyer 200, Cider with Rosie 150, Character Coln 100.

Simonb

Re: PBP - Official Jersey
« Reply #1 on: 12 June, 2011, 04:59:58 pm »
Folk are having problems with delivery. Hope this gets sorted soon!

AUK PBP jersey

3peaker

• RRTY Mad 42 up
« Reply #2 on: 12 June, 2011, 05:01:44 pm »

AUK PBP jersey

I am referring to the ACP PBP Jersey, NOT the AUK version.
SteveP

Promoting : Cheltenham Flyer 200, Cider with Rosie 150, Character Coln 100.

Simonb

« Reply #3 on: 12 June, 2011, 05:08:18 pm »

AUK PBP jersey

I am referring to the ACP PBP Jersey, NOT the AUK version.

oops.

« Reply #4 on: 12 June, 2011, 05:15:58 pm »
Yes, the sizing was pretty funny.

I'm about a 38" chest and a medium from Impsport fits me well.  I changed my PBP shirt order from L to XL just before, but the waist, chest, height and weight measurements they quote all lead me to different sizes!

AndyH

« Reply #5 on: 13 June, 2011, 10:12:29 am »
Would anyone be able to compare the sizing to the Owayo jerseys?

« Reply #6 on: 13 June, 2011, 03:25:53 pm »
Would anyone be able to compare the sizing to the Owayo jerseys?

Very interested in this too.

I'm 1.75m and the wrong side of 80kg but intend to be 76kg-ish by PBP. I was planning on going L for the Jersey (as I do with Owayo) but you lot have got me worried now.

According to the jersey sizing chart I'd be M by height, L by weight, S by waist and XL by chest. Sod it, Large sounds ok.

For the gilet it does say to check both chest and waist measurements and order the larger of the two sizes (if they're different). Ignore the hip measurement for gilets.

Are the Jerseys/gilets sent out in advance or do you pick them up at registration?
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

LEE

« Reply #7 on: 13 June, 2011, 03:57:41 pm »
I've got a 41" chest I think, that's 105cm which is 3XL (according to PBP web site)

My Owayo jerseys are XL (I'm on the cusp of L & XL according to Owayo but I like the fit of the XL)

Looks like I'm a 3XL..how embarassing

AndyH

« Reply #8 on: 13 June, 2011, 04:19:05 pm »
I'm an XL Owayo, so assuming these are "continental" that's what I've put down. If it's too baggy then I'll have to get fatter again

« Reply #9 on: 13 June, 2011, 05:21:31 pm »
I've got a 41" chest I think, that's 105cm which is 3XL (according to PBP web site)

My Owayo jerseys are XL (I'm on the cusp of L & XL according to Owayo but I like the fit of the XL)

I've ordered xxl owayo AUK England how many x's can you have on the PBP one  :o  i haven't looked yet
When you're too tired to continue you fall off                            

200(7) 300(4) 400(4) 600(3) 1200(1) 1400(1)

LEE

« Reply #10 on: 14 June, 2011, 10:10:59 am »

I've ordered xxl owayo AUK England how many x's can you have on the PBP one  :o  i haven't looked yet

Owayo sizing chart
Body measurements - centimeters
owayo size
S  82-90
M 90-98
L 98-106
XL 106-114
XXL 114-118  
My chest is 106cm and the XL fits perfectly

PBP
XS - 80
S - 84
M - 88
L - 92
XL - 96
2XL - 100
3XL - 105
4XL - 110

so, no matter how fat that makes me feel, it's a clear 3XL for me it's a 2XL for me now.  My wife measured my chest and it came out at 102cm (clearly my chest expands when I measure myself).

« Reply #11 on: 14 June, 2011, 10:41:33 am »
Have completed on-line registration this morning using 200, 300 & 400 BRM numbers ordering XL gilet and jersey.

The 2007 jersey ordered beforehand and collected during sign-on is manufactured by Giordana and marked IX-9-60.

It has always felt on the generous size for me (I'm 6ft, now under 13 Stone but have been larger in the past).

Not too fussed about the jersey, but will take the trusty old sam brown if the gilet is too small and IF they enforce the reflective vest rule.

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
« Reply #12 on: 14 June, 2011, 02:53:11 pm »
The Owayo comparison makes me a XXXL (just)!

zigzag

• unfuckwithable
« Reply #13 on: 14 June, 2011, 04:44:05 pm »
i've ordered the jersey by hight and waist size, 'cos chest size seems wrong, such people don't exist (or are a tiny minority). if it doesn't fit i'll try to swap it to a larger one.

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
« Reply #14 on: 14 June, 2011, 04:57:06 pm »
i've ordered the jersey by hight and waist size, 'cos chest size seems wrong, such people don't exist (or are a tiny minority). if it doesn't fit i'll try to swap it to a larger one.

Hmm - I am confused by their sizing for sure - my waist is 80 and chest 94 and I'm only 172cm tall (and 60kg).

They certainly look (even) smaller than Owayo - so I may have to take the plunge and order an item of clothing in LARGE!  Bloody hell - bring on the panics about early onset of middle aged spread and all that why don't you?  (actually, I could do with a little middle aged spread - need to put on half a stone ideally please).
Right! What's next?

Ooooh. That sounds like a daft idea.  I am in!

« Reply #15 on: 14 June, 2011, 11:13:26 pm »
I had to go for XXXL!
I've only ever seen those sizes on the other side of the pond!
Garry Broad

« Reply #16 on: 15 June, 2011, 09:18:47 am »
I can't quite believe it either - I've done the measurements and I'm a 110cm "Torage"! which is only 43" in old money but still thats a xxxxl!!!
I'll probably be able to offer free camping spaces in my tent of a shirt

I had to go for XXXL!
I've only ever seen those sizes on the other side of the pond!

« Reply #17 on: 15 June, 2011, 09:29:53 am »
I appear to be a 4XL, and I'm only a 2XL with Owayo.  The height and waist measurements don't tally at all.  The chest measurements can't be right, surely?  I don't mind a loosish fit but I'll be annoyed if it turns out to be unwearable. 
Can  anyone with good french mail them to query it?

Andrew

« Reply #18 on: 15 June, 2011, 10:26:08 am »
If it's of any use, I used the chest measurement as a guide. It told me I needed an XL or size 5... or was it 6? Can't remember now... anyway, whichever it was, it corresponded to 2 euro sized jerseys that I have and both of those fit just fine. As weird as the results may seem, I'd be inclined to go with the chest measurement. 

« Reply #19 on: 15 June, 2011, 10:32:45 am »
I've worn mine at some point in each of the three PBPs I've done. In 1999 I ordered the largest size on the assumption that all the others would be too short, I had a needle and thread with me and sewed the side panels up.
In 2003 I assumed that the sizing would be the same as 1990 and ended up with one too small.
In 2007 I reverted to the original idea and sewed the side panels up. So I've ordered a XXXXL and I'll take a sewing kit.

« Reply #20 on: 15 June, 2011, 10:49:29 am »
I refuse to buy anything bigger than "large" on principal (or should I say ego), so I've ordered a large.  Whether it fits or not is a different matter.  FWIW I'm a 37" chest and 6' tall and have only ever needed medium or occasionally large jerseys before.
The sound of one pannier flapping

Ray 6701

• SO @ T
    • Tamworth cycling club
« Reply #21 on: 15 June, 2011, 12:16:47 pm »
I've gone for 2 large jerseys on the basis that it's the closest thing to a medium owayo & they fit me fine.  I used to be able to fit into a small  :'(
SR 2010/11/12/13/14/15
RRTY. PBP. LeJoG 1400. LEL.

« Reply #22 on: 26 August, 2011, 12:32:22 pm »
I purchased an XL jersey and it's a little tight to say the least. I expect that my waist size is only going to increase in future.
Anybody want to swap an unworn XL official PBP jersey for an XXL?

PM me if interested.

border-rider

PBP - Official Jersey
« Reply #23 on: 26 August, 2011, 01:22:43 pm »
I purchased an XL jersey and it's a little tight to say the least. I expect that my waist size is only going to increase in future.
Anybody want to swap an unworn XL official PBP jersey for an XXL?

PM me if interested.

Heh

I also went for XL cos the XLs from 03 & 07 fit fine

This year's is tiny; it's not a big gut issue, the problem is the chest & shoulders & back. It's at least 2 sizes too small for me

« Reply #24 on: 26 August, 2011, 05:18:23 pm »
My XXXL is perfect
O'LEL what have I done!