Author Topic: The "I'm Such a Fecking Div" Thread  (Read 428870 times)

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Re: The "I'm Such a Fecking Div" Thread
« Reply #200 on: 29 August, 2016, 06:56:16 pm »
Shimano sandals without socks are great cycling wear.  Except when you push your fully loaded bike over your own toes.....  :jurek:    :facepalm:

Or worse: Propstand.

« Reply #201 on: 29 August, 2016, 11:41:31 pm »
Shimano sandals without socks are great cycling wear.  Except when you push your fully loaded bike over your own toes.....  :jurek:    :facepalm:

I'm not entirely convinced socks would help in either instance.

Wombat

• Is it supposed to hurt this much?
« Reply #202 on: 30 August, 2016, 08:08:43 am »
They'd soak up the blood from a propstand incident!
Wombat

« Reply #203 on: 30 August, 2016, 08:22:21 am »
I spent 4 hours of a sunny bank holiday afternoon writing a presentation for a meeting at 10.00 this morning. 

It's next tuesday.

benborp

• benbravoorpapa
« Reply #204 on: 30 August, 2016, 08:54:06 am »

If it's a really bad propstand incident then socks help keep everything together until you get hold of some Tupperware.
A world of bedlam trapped inside a small cyclist.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #205 on: 30 August, 2016, 09:21:21 am »

If it's a really bad propstand incident then socks help keep everything together until you get hold of some Tupperware.

or ducktape, the 102nd use.
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #206 on: 30 August, 2016, 09:54:14 am »
Yesterday:  Too complex to describe in full but involved carrying a bike minus front wheel by means of two short loops of nylon cord through saddle & round bars while tottering through a narrow space between two other bikes, over two comatose Labradors and past a broadside-on pair of trestles to get at the aforementioned front wheel and then trying to slot bike over wheel while still holding it by the cords.

Why: hands filthy, didn't want to touch nice clean bike but needed to force home new snap link on chain, hands too oily to touch bars and cord too floppy to go back over ceiling hooks once I realized the wheel was still missing.

Wish someone had been there to film it.

Wish our DIY shops stocked Swarfega.

I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #207 on: 30 August, 2016, 03:46:28 pm »

I'm not entirely convinced socks would help in either instance.

Related:  There's a lesser form of sandals vs propstand incident, where instead of crushing your toes with the weight of the bike, you cut them on sharp edges while kicking the stand into position.  I recommend tactical application of Sugru or equivalent (to either the stand or the toes) to avoid this.

« Reply #208 on: 30 August, 2016, 06:17:21 pm »

On the bright side, I assume you didn't have Marathon Winters fitted at this time of year

« Reply #209 on: 31 August, 2016, 08:27:52 am »
OK. Packing for an overnight stay (at MiL) and customer presentation.

Suit? check
Shirt? check
Tie? check
all the other bits? check

<voices off from Mrs Ham> Are you sure you have everything?

Me: Of course (with slight note of irritation, obv. I think Mrs Ham thinks I'm sometimes a bit of a div)

It turns out I do have everything. In fact slightly more than everything as my two shoes are from two pairs. One brogue, one plain. They are both black - does that make it better?

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #210 on: 31 August, 2016, 11:15:58 am »
Two left feet?

« Reply #211 on: 31 August, 2016, 02:09:17 pm »
Remarkably, no. And thankfully this table has a cloth right down to the ground (and I've done my bit now)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #212 on: 31 August, 2016, 03:42:36 pm »
Two left feet?

I knew someone who DNS an Audax because two left SPD shoes reasons.

Doesn't happen to those who cycle there...

Morat

• I tried to HTFU but something went ping :(
« Reply #213 on: 05 September, 2016, 08:51:58 pm »
I just drilled two nice precise holes in my brand new Radial mudguard to attach my RAW flap. Imagine my joy when I realised I'd drilled it through the wrong end of the guard :(

However, it turns out that I won't actually be bothered by the two holes shining at me every time I glance down, because the guards are too narrow (35mm guards, 30C tyres) and the little clips for the stays won't clear the tyre at all. I'm not sure if that makes it better or worse.
Everyone's favourite windbreak

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #214 on: 09 September, 2016, 03:13:26 pm »
Alarm goes off.  Mr Larrington stumble bleary-eyed about his room, falling over things and mumbling.  Mr Larrington switches on his laptop.  Mr Larrington notices dearth of e-mail.  Mr Larrington, forgetting he is wearing a gert big watch, squints at bottom right corner of screen and notices it has just gone midnight.  Mr Larrington prods the alarm clock and finds it can be programmed with two alarm-going-off-time.

Mr Larrington utters foul curses in a Several of languages and goes back to bed.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

ElyDave

« Reply #215 on: 09 September, 2016, 05:12:18 pm »
Alarm goes off.  Mr Larrington stumble bleary-eyed about his room, falling over things and mumbling.  Mr Larrington switches on his laptop.  Mr Larrington notices dearth of e-mail.  Mr Larrington, forgetting he is wearing a gert big watch, squints at bottom right corner of screen and notices it has just gone midnight.  Mr Larrington prods the alarm clock and finds it can be programmed with two alarm-going-off-time.

Mr Larrington utters foul curses in a Several of languages and goes back to bed.

BTDT

last night I forgot to set my alarm back to terra firma rather than North Sea.  North Sea involves such delights as daily briefings at 0630

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #216 on: 13 September, 2016, 03:06:50 pm »
I bought a piezo igniter, to set fire to gas cannisters while camping, off ebay. It didn't arrive. Turned out the fault was mine; I'd left a line off my address.  :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

By great coincidence, today a DHL man arrived with a parcel. Not for me though. It's for a neighbour, whose name I don't recognise, and the address also had a line missing; but he said they checked it on the electoral register. Which I suppose they can do.  :-\
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

ian

« Reply #217 on: 14 September, 2016, 08:07:49 am »

BTDT

last night I forgot to set my alarm back to terra firma rather than North Sea.  North Sea involves such delights as daily briefings at 0630

I just did the same. Double-freak out caused by the fact my alarm music is a bit of the Interstellar soundtrack that goes quietly quietly quietly quietly quietly quietly quietly quietly quietly quietly quietly quietly quietly quietly quietly quietly quietly quietly quietly quietly quietly quietly quietly quietly quietly quietly quietly quietly quietly quietly quietly quietly quietly quietly quietly quietly quietly NOT SO QUIETLY! Thuswise sneaks into my head and goes BAHBAHBAH when I least expect it.

And then the fact my wife was there when she's normally gone. I told you I was flying to Madrid at 10am, she mumbles through her slumber in a way that says I'll pay for waking her up. I evidently wasn't listening.

ElyDave

« Reply #218 on: 14 September, 2016, 01:17:00 pm »
I did an accidental norty on the bike today.

came up behind a motorbike at a set of lights in Cambridge. Off he toddled and I followed, except he went left and I went straight on.  It wan't until a car hooted at me that I realised nothing else was following me and he had a left filter.

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #219 on: 14 September, 2016, 03:39:05 pm »
I drove through a red light last evening. Mrs. Wow was trying to alert me to the fact that it was red, but I was in a world of my own. I have been through those lights (legally) many times, but yesterday I couldn't see the colours as a result of the sun shining from behind them, and totally forgot that they were there. It was on a roundabout and I did all the other stuff correctly for a round about without lights.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #220 on: 15 September, 2016, 08:10:57 am »
I've been fiddling with right cleat lately and trying to figure out if it feels right managed to stick my foot in the wheel  :facepalm:

« Reply #221 on: 15 September, 2016, 10:23:58 pm »
Can I get a special award? I took in a parcel for a neighbour today, put it by the door for when they called. When they called, I wasn't there. Neither was the parcel. Which I had left where we leave recycling in transit. Which I (nobody else) had taken out and recycled - jumping up and down on it to make it fit in the recycling bin.

:facepalm:

Zipperhead

• The cyclist formerly known as Big Helga
« Reply #222 on: 16 September, 2016, 02:09:36 pm »
I think you've just won the thread.  ;D ;D ;D
Won't somebody think of the hamsters!

« Reply #223 on: 16 September, 2016, 02:15:20 pm »
I think that Ham has just won the bloody internet!   :D  :D  :D

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #224 on: 16 September, 2016, 02:39:38 pm »
I don't think I've ever seen a more nailed-on candidate for POTD!  ;D
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike