Author Topic: The "I'm Such a Fecking Div" Thread  (Read 438638 times)

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
Re: The "I'm Such a Fecking Div" Thread
« Reply #1000 on: 02 September, 2018, 02:10:13 pm »
Obviously I meant I was sitting on the 'bog'.  Not the 'not', whatever that would be.  Still you seemed to have got that.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #1001 on: 02 September, 2018, 02:52:11 pm »
*chortle*
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #1002 on: 02 September, 2018, 04:11:39 pm »
Obviously I meant I was sitting on the 'bog'.  Not the 'not', whatever that would be.  Still you seemed to have got that.

At least it didn't come out as sitting on the boy.  I recommend a hot wash
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #1003 on: 02 September, 2018, 04:18:00 pm »

I rather liked not as it was, especially since it means emergency in German.  When I was first in Stuttgart I used to look at the Notausgang signs in the tunnels and wonder why they labelled the doors that way if you couldn't go through them.

When you've been living outside the country for decades you approach any unfamiliar usage with caution, in case something that seems innocuous turns out to be unutterably filthy.  That's how I discovered the secondary meaning of glory hole.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #1004 on: 02 September, 2018, 09:38:15 pm »
I spent the day at donnington park watching my uncle race his austin 7 special. All great fun and i hope some of my pictures came out ok.

However this div left his suncream in his tent. The back of my neck now feels rather tight and hot.

Mind you i wasn't racing in the locost caterham series who had 3 races and 4 red flags in the weekend including a race where 34 lined up for the start and before one lap was completed the red flag was out. Only 21 returned to the grid!

Aunt Maud

• Le Flâneur.
« Reply #1005 on: 02 September, 2018, 09:51:20 pm »
Having sharpened my kindling axe, I did something today that only a complete fecking eejit would do. Once. Cue sore finger and blood dripping.

Ahem, I've still got the scar, some 55 years later, on my thumb, after a similar incident, chopping firewood.  I recall my late mum dragging me upstairs to the bathroom for repairs.

I tried to chop my foot off with an adze, luckily the boney bit in my shin stoped it going all the way across to the other side.

andytheflyer

• Andytheex-flyer.....
« Reply #1006 on: 03 September, 2018, 04:14:19 pm »
Bought a long out-of-print book "Rudiments and Theory of Music" back in January.  Our new pup ate it a few weeks later.

Music teacher today referred me to it, so I thought I'd better buy another.  Found one 2nd hand on Amazon, and bought it.

Opened a drawer in my desk, looking for something else, and there was another copy of the book. Doh.  Must have bought a replacement copy, but I don't remember it.  Anno Domini.....  Maybe I'd better refer to it more often so that I know where it is.

Have emailed the seller to ask (nicely) for a cancellation.

(....crawls back under his stone....)

« Reply #1007 on: 03 September, 2018, 04:33:00 pm »
I put my bib shorts on back-to-front yesterday.
"Never mind" I thought, "take one leg out, spin them round and you'll be good to go" ................ :facepalm:

« Reply #1008 on: 03 September, 2018, 04:59:48 pm »
I messed up some git/gerrit pushes a couple of weeks back, so rather than cock it up further, asked an expert to sit with me and work through how to fix it.

Expert did so.

Get in to work this morning. Start working. Erm, this other file, that wasn't part of the submissions and changes. It seems to have reverted to a version from 2 months back . . .

I didn't make a backup before getting said expert to enter the majik incantations. My local copy has been overwritten with one from the head. Lost two months of updates. It is the main configuration file. Nobody else has a copy. I wasn't making daily or even weekly personal backups because it was on a server.

Arse
<i>Marmite slave</i>

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #1009 on: 03 September, 2018, 06:52:04 pm »
OUCH I feel your pain !
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
« Reply #1010 on: 03 September, 2018, 07:04:35 pm »
Quote from: mrcharly-YHT
I messed up some git/gerrit pushes...
*winces*

In less serious news...
When using thinned PVA to affix tissue to balsa, do not, the not bit is important,  put a small pool of cyano on the same bit of yoghurt pot lid that is serving as your PVA glue "pot" and do not, these nots are important, then try to clean your favourite* cut-down 00 glue applying brush in it rather than in the small pot of water that you have set out for that express purpose.

*Well, it was my favourite glue applying brush.
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #1011 on: 03 September, 2018, 07:35:32 pm »
"Never mind" I thought, "take one leg out, spin them round and you'll be good to go" ................ :facepalm:

Ha!  I caught my daughter wearing a shirt inside out on Saturday, at about 7pm!
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #1012 on: 03 September, 2018, 07:46:26 pm »

Probably  a young person fashion statement.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1013 on: 03 September, 2018, 08:01:43 pm »

Yep.  Everyone wears their clothes inside-out in 2015.  I saw it in the documentary Back To The Future II

iddu

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #1014 on: 03 September, 2018, 09:33:22 pm »
After taking the piss from the SO about backing the car into a post...when getting under cover to do a fill and respray, don't drive into the garage door and crumple the wing :facepalm:

I'd offer you some moral support - but I have questionable morals.

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #1015 on: 03 September, 2018, 10:10:47 pm »

She might be a professional tennis player.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

andytheflyer

• Andytheex-flyer.....
« Reply #1016 on: 04 September, 2018, 07:57:11 am »
In less serious news...
When using thinned PVA to affix tissue to balsa, do not, the not bit is important,  put a small pool of cyano on the same bit of yoghurt pot lid that is serving as your PVA glue "pot" and do not, these nots are important, then try to clean your favourite* cut-down 00 glue applying brush in it rather than in the small pot of water that you have set out for that express purpose.

I'd never do that.  No, not ever, never in fact...…………………..

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1017 on: 04 September, 2018, 03:38:33 pm »
I did that online 'heart age' test and was rather disappointed to have a heart age of 55...
... then I remembered that I am 60 now...

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #1018 on: 04 September, 2018, 04:53:27 pm »
I have a heart age of 54, somewhat older than I am, which was a little disappointing.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1019 on: 04 September, 2018, 04:57:02 pm »
Mine was 40, and there didn't seem to be much I could do to reduce it.  Which is at least consistent with the rest of my body.

I had to lie about the family history, though, as there wasn't an 'unknown' option.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1020 on: 04 September, 2018, 05:07:37 pm »
Give the same answers but supply a random Hampstead postcode and see if that improves things!

ian

« Reply #1021 on: 04 September, 2018, 05:14:57 pm »
Surely there should be something about activity and exercise? Those are prime indicators of cardiovascular health (as is socio-economic status). My resting heart rate is about 42, which is half the pace of many people, so I'll live twice as long (and double that because I shop at Waitrose). Fact. I base this on shrews. They have really fast heart rates and don't live very long. Probably. I've never seen an old shrew anyway. In Waitrose. Possibly they go to Lidl.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1022 on: 04 September, 2018, 05:18:57 pm »
Give the same answers but supply a random Hampstead postcode and see if that improves things!

No change with Hampstead, Erdington or Gorbals, at which point I got bored.  But maybe that's because I've short-circuited some logic by not smoking etc.

Interestingly losing weight didn't make a jot of difference.

« Reply #1023 on: 04 September, 2018, 05:41:52 pm »
I did the same test. Heart age of 57 (I'm 51).

The high rating was based on my BMI, according to the website (25.1).

Trouble is, I've had a very thorough health check recently, including a body fat measurement by electrodes, which stated I have a body fat level in the healthy range for a 20-year old.

I declare that NHS questionnaire to be utterly bunkum.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1024 on: 04 September, 2018, 05:55:59 pm »
I declare that NHS questionnaire to be utterly bunkum.

Nahh, it's just another way of telling people who drink, smoke, eat all the pies and never exercise that maybe they're at risk of heart disease.  Fine as far as it goes, but not a scientific tool.