Author Topic: The "I'm Such a Fecking Div" Thread  (Read 428565 times)

ian

Re: The "I'm Such a Fecking Div" Thread
« Reply #2400 on: 13 April, 2021, 06:24:53 pm »
Don't book swimming for Monday if you intend to go Tuesday, monkey boy (I was sure I booked today but the receipt reveals the full depth and depravity of my booking incompetence).

Now I have to walk up the bloody hill with the 100-step climb twice as punishment.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #2401 on: 16 April, 2021, 10:22:20 pm »
We’ve just watched the first two episodes of Line of Duty S6. Well watch two episodes tomorrow evening and then the final two on Sunday evening. Well that was the plan. We’re going to have to be content with watching on episode on Sunday and then have to wait a week for the finale.
We started watching Line of Duty S6 too bloody soon!!!!!11!!!1! :'( >:(
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #2402 on: 17 April, 2021, 06:25:07 am »
There are seven episodes in this series.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #2403 on: 17 April, 2021, 07:28:01 am »

Mother of God!

Zipperhead

• The cyclist formerly known as Big Helga
« Reply #2404 on: 17 April, 2021, 10:18:28 am »
Won't somebody think of the hamsters!

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #2405 on: 17 April, 2021, 12:17:28 pm »
arrgghhhhhhh
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #2406 on: 22 April, 2021, 05:06:08 pm »
You will find that you need not tear out your hair because your game mod is not working, as long as you check the whole log file rather than just the end.  That way you will learn that "spawn_ratio" and "spanw_ratio" are not the same thing.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #2407 on: 22 April, 2021, 06:50:33 pm »
Not me.
We're having one of our bedrooms converted into a new bathroom.  (££££ :o :facepalm:)
Today the sani-ware was finally being installed.

THE TOILET IS CONECTED TO THE HOT WATER.

That's cost them.

Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2408 on: 22 April, 2021, 06:52:25 pm »
As long as there isn't a sani-oh-no involved.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #2409 on: 22 April, 2021, 07:04:36 pm »
No. Proper bog.

Poached poo.   :hand:
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2410 on: 22 April, 2021, 08:09:49 pm »
Probably does a decent job of reducing the condensation on the cistern, thobut.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #2411 on: 22 April, 2021, 09:12:38 pm »
Numpties. Like when our kitchen fitters plumbed our washing machine into the hot water and the first wash I did was a full load of merino and Assos cycling gear.  >:(
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2412 on: 22 April, 2021, 09:30:36 pm »
Numpties. Like when our kitchen fitters plumbed our washing machine into the hot water and the first wash I did was a full load of merino and Assos cycling gear.  >:(

And ours when I was a PSO and unexpected owner of assorted teddybear jumpers.

« Reply #2413 on: 22 April, 2021, 09:59:10 pm »
THE TOILET IS CONECTED TO THE HOT WATER.

You should get one of those Japanese toilet lid sinks installed to go with it.

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #2414 on: 22 April, 2021, 10:03:20 pm »

My air filter started making weird noises. So I took it apart to clean.

There's a nut in there holding the fan assembly together.

Guess who didn't notice it was left hand thread. In trying to undo it, I crushed the assembly...

Whole thing written off.

Bugger.

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #2415 on: 22 April, 2021, 10:27:59 pm »

Fortunately for our numpties, all the Icebreaker and Assos survived being boil washed. Or they would have been sent an expensive bill.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2416 on: 22 April, 2021, 10:35:44 pm »

Fortunately for our numpties, all the Icebreaker and Assos survived being boil washed. Or they would have been sent an expensive bill.

That washing machine went on to have a full meltdown, with indoor rain from the condensation.  I think The Hobbit put it on a delicates wash or something, and its bitty little microcontroller couldn't cope.

Impressively, the landlord sent someone round to scratch his head at it, which is how I spotted the condensation forming on the *hot* feed hose.  Having swapped the hoses, I was able to persuade him to delay returning it to its cubbyhole while I scrounged up a marker pen and scrawled a warning to future generations on the wall beside the taps.

Same machine that I extracted a pair of tiny Y-fronts from the drain pump of.  We never worked out if they belonged to The Hobbit and had been subject to too many inadvertent boil-washes, or if they were genuine child's grundies courtesy of the machine's previous owner.   :hand:

As a result, I'm mildly nervous about our current machine with it's all-digital control panel and lack of an accessible SCRAM button.

« Reply #2417 on: 29 April, 2021, 07:03:37 pm »
Day off so upto the allotment. Made a list of things I needed tobtake including cake. Cut a slice of cake and put it into a tub.

After an hour or so hard graft stopped for a brew and cake.......which of course was still at home

« Reply #2418 on: 29 April, 2021, 08:07:59 pm »
That washing machine went on to have a full meltdown, with indoor rain from the condensation.  I think The Hobbit put it on a delicates wash or something, and its bitty little microcontroller couldn't cope.

Impressively, the landlord sent someone round to scratch his head at it, which is how I spotted the condensation forming on the *hot* feed hose.  Having swapped the hoses, I was able to persuade him to delay returning it to its cubbyhole while I scrounged up a marker pen and scrawled a warning to future generations on the wall beside the taps.

If the washing machine had been fed with the hot and cold reversed, the full meltdown could have been caused by trying to cool down but just adding hot water.
Quote from: Kim
Paging Diver300.  Diver300 to the GSM Trimphone, please...

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2419 on: 30 April, 2021, 12:27:49 am »

If the washing machine had been fed with the hot and cold reversed, the full meltdown could have been caused by trying to cool down but just adding hot water.

That was my theory, too.  Though it doesn't readily explain how it (at least appeared to) get hotter than the hot feed water.

Fortunately we buried it in a concrete sarcophagus and moved to Yorkshire.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #2420 on: 05 May, 2021, 11:52:41 am »
Mr L is partaking of a six-year overdue reshelving of books and.  And DVDs and Stuffs.  In alphabetical order.

Divvery #1.  Where is my copy of Ben Aaronovitch's Foxglove Summer?  Moreover, where is my copy of Ian Banks' Stonemouth?  Getting things wrong at this stage could have Major Repercussions.

Rnser:  They are on the shelf over there <<<< which you utterly failed to notice when extracting unsorted books from the TPsOC yesterday :facepalm:

Divvery #2:  What is that DVD-shaped object on the floor by my left foot?

Rnser:  It is Hvarf/Heim by Sigur Ros and needs to be filed at the left end of the top shelf of South Ivar 1.  Place it on shelf.  It falls down the back.  Grovel on the floor to retrieve it.  Repeat x3 then notice it should go AFTER Sherlock, which is a big fat box set and thus stable enough not to indulge in lemming-like plummeting from an altitude that even Mr L cannot reach save with arms at full stretch above his head.

Has a nice sit down and a cup of Brown Drink before doing battle with the letter “D”

Edit:  Have reached “M”.  Notice that the giant space at the bottom of South Ivar 2 can be partially filled by the oversized boks on East Ivar 1.  Which means moving some of “B” and all of “C-L”.  :facepalm:
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #2421 on: 05 May, 2021, 03:34:28 pm »
Bah!  Paper cut on one of my fingers, in just the place for the edge of the cut to catch on things.   Smurf coloured plaster on finger & now my Apple trackpad won't recognise that finger.  Luckily I have 4 others.
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #2422 on: 05 May, 2021, 03:47:32 pm »
Bah!  Paper cut on one of my fingers, in just the place for the edge of the cut to catch on things.   Smurf coloured plaster on finger & now my Apple trackpad won't recognise that finger.  Luckily I have 4 others.

4 trackpads? Seems a little excessive...

;D

« Reply #2423 on: 05 May, 2021, 05:01:29 pm »
Superglue is your friend in this situation.

« Reply #2424 on: 05 May, 2021, 05:08:03 pm »
I’d probably end up with a trackpad glued to my hand!
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark