Author Topic: A talking dog  (Read 1713 times)

A talking dog
« on: 21 December, 2008, 04:49:32 pm »
Really a dog that could partially mimic a human voice.

Today my wife was cutting and grooming a very large dog with the Owner for about 4 to 5 hours. I was down in the Clinic selling a few things when a white Pekinese arrived for grooming. I explained to the Owner that it would take longer than normal to do it and this was OK.

A little later I heard a human voice, turned to look and nobody was there :o I just imagined I had mistakenly heard a voice. Later. my wife came to see a kitten which we have in intensive care and she heard it also and laughed.

Eventually, we identified the first word as Hello and the remainder was somewhat garbled. We think it was trying to mimic a phone conversation. Thais sometime  use Hello  when answering the phone but not as a general greeting.

It makes me smile to think about it.It sounded just like a Budgy that I used to own.

Has anybody else met a talking dog? It really was lovely to hear.
"100% PURE FREAKING AWESOME"

clarion

• Tyke
Re: A talking dog
« Reply #1 on: 21 December, 2008, 06:35:55 pm »
Sausages!
Getting there...

« Reply #2 on: 21 December, 2008, 07:06:30 pm »
It wasn't called Gaspode, was it?  :o
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

« Reply #3 on: 21 December, 2008, 08:10:19 pm »
I had a talking horse for a girlfriend once, but have never encountered talking dogs.

"Many, also, are the hills that lie between, and we must ascend, by a glorious stairway, from strength to strength."
- Petrarch, 'The Ascent of Mount Ventoux', 1336

Jezza

« Reply #4 on: 21 December, 2008, 09:01:59 pm »
I had a talking horse for a girlfriend once, but have never encountered talking dogs.

ROFL :D.

« Reply #5 on: 22 December, 2008, 04:30:42 am »
Sausages!

No it  definitely said Hello. I think to say sausages would be too hard for it :P

When the Owner collected it he asked if the dog had complained!
"100% PURE FREAKING AWESOME"

fruitcake

• some kind of fruitcake
« Reply #6 on: 29 October, 2009, 04:34:30 pm »
Here is a husky that mimics the intonation of her owners voice by howling.  Interestingly, the dog only responds to the female voice.   Repeats the phrase a few times and then responds only by howling. 

YouTube - Husky Dog Talking - " I love you"

« Reply #7 on: 29 October, 2009, 09:47:59 pm »
My dad was a Met dog handler and he could make his dog bark to command. Listening to him you couldn't tell that he was instructing the dog so I guess it was an inflection in his voice that the dog had learnt to recognise.
Anyways, he would tell people that the dog could talk. To prove it he would say, "Brutus, where would you find tiles?" and the dog would reply, "Roof."
Another question was, "What's it like sitting on a coconut mat?" The dog replied, "Ruff."
Never knowingly under caffeinated