Author Topic: Post vaccination effects  (Read 9248 times)

Graeme

• @fatherhilarious.blog 🦋
    • Graeme's Blog
Re: Post vaccination effects
« Reply #25 on: 05 May, 2021, 06:06:13 pm »
Taking my wife for the jab this evening. She's nervous - but would rather have the jab and any feelings of being unwell in preference to actually catching Covid. I guess if I have been asymptomatic then she will have been too, so I'm taking a couple of days to look after her just in case she gets the same reaction I did.

That went quite well. She has ME and only experienced mildly increased tiredness post-jab.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #26 on: 05 May, 2021, 07:42:04 pm »
2nd AZ this pm.

Will report back.

Closer together than most of us. My second one will be 11 weeks after first

My first jab was 12/2/2021. I think that's nearly 12 weeks ago.

Still alive; awaiting a non-event but prepared for any surprise.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #27 on: 06 May, 2021, 08:01:42 am »
It's amazing.  Getting a vaccine caused the weather to change.
I got the power to levitate and shoot laser beams out of my eyes. I wasn't expecting this and sadly it was temporary. For the next jab, I'm going to have my enemies and everyone who has slighted me lined up so can work through them and turn them into smouldering charcoal.
ian's vacci-powers are dramatic but on balance nutty's are more useful. A real live Weathermonger!
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #28 on: 06 May, 2021, 09:41:47 am »
I got the power to levitate and shoot laser beams out of my eyes. I wasn't expecting this and sadly it was temporary. For the next jab, I'm going to have my enemies and everyone who has slighted me lined up so can work through them and turn them into smouldering charcoal.
ian's vacci-powers are dramatic but on balance nutty's are more useful. A real live Weathermonger!

July 15th, it will be raining at my second jab location.      Location withheld for personal reasons, but I'll put my money on it and must remember to check back in here to confirm.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #29 on: 06 May, 2021, 05:26:39 pm »
There's a St Swithun's roundabout in Bournemouth...

In other news, I have noted no ill-effects yet, following my 2nd AZ vaccine.

« Reply #30 on: 06 May, 2021, 05:52:25 pm »

July 15th, it will be raining at my second jab location.      Location withheld for personal reasons, but I'll put my money on it and must remember to check back in here to confirm.

Can you stay away from East Anglia the weekend after. I’ve got a 400 audax. Cheers

« Reply #31 on: 06 May, 2021, 06:11:23 pm »
Can you stay away from East Anglia the weekend after. I’ve got a 400 audax. Cheers

I will do my best to comply with your request.

« Reply #32 on: 06 May, 2021, 07:29:22 pm »
I am very old so have had both Pfizers now.  Absolutely no soreness or effects.  I'm sorry people are having troubles, mostly with the AZ, but it's hard to be scientific.  I did hear that increase in reactions to the AZ vaccine are proportional to obsession with cycling metrics, but I don't remember where (and I'm not blaming that on Pfizer).

JStone

• E=112
« Reply #33 on: 06 May, 2021, 08:12:41 pm »
Now double-dosed with AZ and no adverse effects from either of them.
Néophyte > 2007 > Ancien > 2011 > Récidiviste

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #34 on: 07 May, 2021, 01:39:38 pm »
Both D & I had feedback/satisfaction questions as we left the Mango Pharmacy (I know there's a thread in The Pub)...

« Reply #35 on: 07 May, 2021, 02:14:33 pm »
AZ on Wednesday, nowt but a sore arm.

« Reply #36 on: 07 May, 2021, 02:23:13 pm »
Two BioNTechs.

1st early January. Tender swelling at injection site. Next day felt as if I had mild flu. Lasted a couple of days.
2nd late March. Lesser version of the same.

Nothing since.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

« Reply #37 on: 07 May, 2021, 04:58:27 pm »
Had jab#2 one hour ago - Pfizer - with mild discomfort from the stabbing. No effects so far..
Move Faster and Bake Things

« Reply #38 on: 08 May, 2021, 09:15:16 am »
Will give Zwift a go later and see what happens.

« Reply #39 on: 08 May, 2021, 10:08:05 am »
Second Pfizer. Didn't feel the jab itself (unlike the first one) but now, on the following morning, it's a bit tender.
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

« Reply #40 on: 08 May, 2021, 11:16:20 am »
Mid-March AZ at 11.30am. Became shivery at 9pm and retired to bed. Got up briefly the next morning and headed back for bed, dozed on and off. Didn't eat. Felt crap, like a bad cold. Overnight got very shivery and woke suddenly at 4am thinking my hot water bottle had split. Realised it was simply sweat, but felt absolutely fine. Woke up properly at 8am and carried on as though nothing had happened. Very slightly sore arm for a couple of days after that.
Rust never sleeps

« Reply #41 on: 08 May, 2021, 03:14:48 pm »
Second Pfizer. Didn't feel the jab itself (unlike the first one) but now, on the following morning, it's a bit tender.
Later. Feeling a bit 'meh', but can't work out whether it's the vaccine or the result of a stupid week. I enjoy doing the election, but 15 hours is a long shift, particularly when sitting in a cold village hall with the doors open, and there were too many wines when we got back home after dropping the ballot box off at the count.
A couple of paracetamol have helped.
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

« Reply #42 on: 08 May, 2021, 03:25:43 pm »
2 x Pfizer for the both of us. In the 50/60 age group.
I was fine after both, maybe a little sluggish after the second.
My partner was pretty ropey after the first shot and very sick after the second, but bounced back within 72 hours.
Small price to pay. Go get them shots!
often lost.

« Reply #43 on: 08 May, 2021, 06:59:30 pm »
Rode a Zwift route on Thursday
Second jab Friday afternoon
Rode a similar Zwift route today

Today's ride was 90% Thursday's power.  And I feel somewhat weary afterwards which on Thursday I did not.

Otherwise I feel ok.  I'll be on Zwift again Monday all going well.

« Reply #44 on: 09 May, 2021, 08:16:42 am »
As I started this, I thought I should report on progress.
I did a couple of hard ( to me) structured Wattbike sessions recently- just prior to 3 weeks from Pfizer #2. I seem to be back to pre- vaccination levels.
Speaking to other friends a fair few report similar.
That’s good then, I’m not surprised that whilst the body deals with an immune response there could be an effect on more intense exercise.

« Reply #45 on: 28 May, 2021, 03:39:48 pm »
A week after my first Pfizer jab, back in February, I had an unusual back ache, which actually extended all the way round my waist. I also couldn't walk as fast as usual. As it didn't disappear, I eventually consulted my GP, who first gave me some exercises to try. No effect, so I was called in for a face to face consultation. By this time I was starting get pains in other joints including my hands, shoulders and neck, and each day was different, so I couldn't plan ahead.

GP diagnosed arthritis in right hip, and I had blood and urine tests and a hip scan. Tried to arrange a consultation with NHS rheumatologist - four months waiting list! At this point I decided to pay for a private consultation, which was on Thursday (27/5).

The consultant concluded it wasn't arthritis, but polymyalgia rheumatica. Great relief, as arthritis is incurable but
PR can be cured using steroids. Apparently vaccines can set this off and the consultant had had some patients following Covid vaccination.

Hope to be back on a bike soon!

« Reply #46 on: 28 May, 2021, 05:48:47 pm »
Had second dose of AZ on Monday. On Wed I did some hard hill sessions.  Top end definitely blunted as I reached 90% max HR. I’d say it felt like rate of perceived exertion was ahead of the heart rate response.  In other words felt harder than heart rate response would indicate. More moderate longer efforts have been fine.  No side effects otherwise.

zigzag

• unfuckwithable
« Reply #47 on: 28 May, 2021, 06:06:25 pm »
had my first jab yesterday, no initial side effects, but after nine hours body temperature rose and body started to ache. no temperature today, only the jabbed arm is sore. not the thing i wanted to do, but i hope it will make traveling easier in the near future.

the doctor asked about my previous side effects before the second jab (a week ago now), and suggested to preemptively take some paracetamol for few days. which i did and was only feeling a bit off the next day.

« Reply #48 on: 28 May, 2021, 06:39:02 pm »
I've had both jabs now (last one 17th May)and no reactions to ethier  :)
the slower you go the more you see

« Reply #49 on: 28 May, 2021, 08:50:02 pm »
I've had reactions to both my AZ jabs.
First was headaches and fevers for about three days. Second was much the same but with added random swelling of glands in neck and tiredness for a week.
I've had a blood test since the second and I am brimming over with covid antibodies.
Never knowingly under caffeinated