Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Pub / Re: The Cryptic Crossword Clue Thread
« Last post by citoyen on Today at 11:56:00 am »
Today’s Guardian Prize crossword by Soup is excellent - with a brilliant payoff…
GPS / Re: Garmin watch activities while still?
« Last post by T42 on Today at 11:05:26 am »
MrsT's Garmin does half-marathons when she's knitting at the kitchen table.  A couple of shawls and a pullover will take her across France & back.
Arts and Entertainment / Re: What's the last gig you went to see?
« Last post by Hot Flatus on Today at 11:01:59 am »
Romare was banging. Also DJ Paulette.KOG and Goldfrapp tonight
The Pub / Re: What have you fettled today?
« Last post by T42 on Today at 11:00:28 am »
The other day my Topeak Road Morph was misbehaving, slightly harder to pump than it should be, so I took it apart, cleaned the snot and crud out of it and reassembled.
If it doesn't hold up, then spares are available.

A smear of white lithium grease in the barrel might also help.  Ordinary grease will attack the rubber.

Come to think of it, it's over a year since I serviced mine and I haven't used it since.  Must check it.
The Sporting Life / Re: 2024 Olympics
« Last post by Salvatore on Today at 10:54:29 am »
Like the late Duke of Edinburgh, the idea of watching an opening ceremony fills me with horror.
Unlike the late Duke of Edinburgh I don't have to watch them, still less pretend to be enjoying the experience.

I'm looking forward to the climbing events (starts on 5th August). I've got into it as a side effect of a discovery+ subscription to watch the TdF, but I'm not up to even a basic level of knowledge. I'm just very impressed by the skill and agility of the participants.
Arts and Entertainment / Re: What's the last gig you went to see?
« Last post by Jaded on Today at 10:31:25 am »
Some World Music at Womad.

First the reliable Molly's Party Band

Then a rip-roaring DJ set from Romare

Countered by the extraordinary John Metcalfe and his new album "Tree".

And also a hiphop band, Young Fathers, most noticeable because of the BSL interpreter put to the far right...

« Last post by Jurek on Today at 10:07:05 am »
The real question is did Snoop Dogg use the Olympic Torch to light his spliff?
Racing / Re: TCR No 10
« Last post by Ivo on Today at 09:41:14 am »
Cap 16 announced his scratching on Facebook:

🇬🇧 I have never believed in bad luck: I think this is an excuse to justify failures.
Falls, Healt issues, problems are part of ultracycling races: how we face them defines the result we achieve.
Simply, this time, my determination and ability to “fight” is less than the physical pain that has accumulated since the start.
My experience at the Transcontinental ends here, after a last silent and solitary climb to Durmitor. It was special in its own way and, despite a bit of disappointment, it taught me something once again that I am sure will be useful in the future.
I think I asked a lot, perhaps too much, by myself this year: after Antarctica and Australia, my residual energy did not allow me much more than that.
Thank you for following me with the usual love and presence.

His tracker stopped moving in Zabljak (Durmitor mountains, Montenegro) yesterday evening.
« Last post by Mr Larrington on Today at 08:57:27 am »
Albeit that the lingo they speak in Quebec has genuine Frenchies scratching their heads and muttering “Quoi?” :demon:
« Last post by andyoxon on Today at 08:50:04 am »
Bof!  Do not these Frenchies have chanteuses of their own?

'parently French-Canadian, with 1st language being French...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10