Author Topic: The Apprentice, 9pm tonight (6 October)  (Read 15818 times)

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
Re: The Apprentice, 9pm tonight (6 October)
« Reply #50 on: 18 November, 2010, 10:19:23 am »
"The brand Stuart Baggs" has to go.   He is a fist magnet.  .

Yes, and not in an erotic way either.
It is simpler than it looks.

Morrisette

• Still Suffolkating
    • Now Suffolkating on the internet:
« Reply #51 on: 18 November, 2010, 11:08:11 am »
LOL Stuart Baggs the Brand, "Gimme a spoooon, I want a spoooooon," what an idiot.

Some of the cut-aways to facial expressions (Stella, Nick!) yesterday were priceless.

Hilarious TV!
Not overly audacious
@suffolkncynical

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #52 on: 18 November, 2010, 11:48:06 am »
Stuart is complete idiot...but it was all very cleverly edited so that you thought that there was no way the other team would lose. Stella is my hero. Her last look at Stuart was awesome.

That was also highlighted on the 'Yer Fiyud' show, it was bloody brilliant.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Jaded

• The Codfather
« Reply #54 on: 18 November, 2010, 07:59:36 pm »
There's no way he'll win (my money is on Joanne at the moment, but I think Liz might be in the running too)

My dream final.

I have the tissues out already.

(For the crying, you silly people  ::-) )

rogerzilla

« Reply #55 on: 18 November, 2010, 09:39:27 pm »
And a bath of lime jelly FTW.

rogerzilla

« Reply #56 on: 24 November, 2010, 09:31:26 pm »
Laura Must Go.  She 's absolutely terrible.

Woofage

• Tofu-eating Wokerati
  • Ain't no hooves on my bike.
« Reply #57 on: 25 November, 2010, 09:06:00 am »
Laura Must Go.  She 's absolutely terrible.

She even made Stuart Baggs look like he was competent and professional :sick:
Pen Pusher

Fi

« Reply #58 on: 25 November, 2010, 12:12:08 pm »
I think Sugar will get rid of bumptious Baggs and whinging Laura as soon as he can.

Jakob

« Reply #59 on: 25 November, 2010, 08:56:19 pm »
I think Sugar will get rid of bumptious Baggs and whinging Laura as soon as he can.

One can only hope.
I do think Jamie should have gone this week, though

Jaded

• The Codfather
« Reply #60 on: 25 November, 2010, 10:59:08 pm »
Jamie lost that challenge.

Laura didn't faint this time, which was surprising. Hopefully next week she'll get to be covered in maggots again.

Si

« Reply #61 on: 26 November, 2010, 09:54:58 am »
I'm hoping that Baggs stays in until the interview round.  I think that he will ramp up the 'The Office' style cringe factor by several notches if he makes it that far  :P

As an aside, it always amazes me how excited they get about a short trip abroad.  They make out that they are, for the most part, successful business people, already raking in millions and working for some of the best companies around, yet when they are told to bring their passports they turn into a bunch of kids in a sweet shop.  This is why I liked (army) Chris, when told they were off abroad all he said was "I 'ate Germans" (I say this not because I hate Germans, but because of his refusal to get over excited).

Also, as it 'appens, yesterday I was talking to someone who applied to be on the show - he made it to the final round before getting on TV.  Seemed quite odd that he didn't big himself up at all, didn't boast about his achievements (he was applying as someone who was just coming out of university but who had been running his own business for some time), and seemed a perfectly reasonable and level headed chap.  again, this might suggest that either they go out of their way to select a number o people based on their entertainment appeal rather than business potential, or that selective editing and egging on of candidates is used to make them seem somewhat worse than they really are (in reality, probably both).

LEE

« Reply #62 on: 26 November, 2010, 02:15:12 pm »
this might suggest that either they go out of their way to select a number o people based on their entertainment appeal rather than business potential, or that selective editing and egging on of candidates is used to make them seem somewhat worse than they really are (in reality, probably both).

Errr.. Yes.  They select mainly arseholes with a smattering of sensibles (one of whom will win it).
You thought, for even a microsecond, they selected the most brilliant young businessmen/women?

In reality, Sirlordsugar could get rid of all but about 3 candidates within 30 seconds of them opening their mouths.

I doubt that the best (real-world) candidates would be interested in "A SIX FIGURE SALARY" and selling Amstrad Phones for Del Boy.

rogerzilla

« Reply #63 on: 26 November, 2010, 03:23:37 pm »
Lordsugar flogged the remnants of his electronics business to R*p*rt M*rd*ch a couple of years ago.  Amstrad is now just a general investment vehicle for property and anything else that might make money.

I reckon they'll keep the horror that is Stuart Baggs for the interviews - remember the almost as odious Paul from a few years ago?  He did his spiel to the softly-spoken but utterly vicious Claude, which can be summarised as "I can sell anything because people like me."

Claude whispered, "I don't like you" and Paul just came apart at the seams.

Morrisette

• Still Suffolkating
    • Now Suffolkating on the internet:
« Reply #64 on: 26 November, 2010, 04:02:57 pm »
Baggs has got to make the interview stage!!! He's got potential to beat the 'People selling the Big Issue have no sales technique' line for cringeworthiness.

This week he actually came across as being a lot more mature than whiny Laura, who threw her toys out of the pram because she didn't get to land the big order, and at least he was trying with the German.
Not overly audacious
@suffolkncynical

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #65 on: 26 November, 2010, 05:58:27 pm »
Baggs has got to make the interview stage!!! He's got potential to beat the 'People selling the Big Issue have no sales technique' line for cringeworthiness.

This week he actually came across as being a lot more mature than whiny Laura, who threw her toys out of the pram because she didn't get to land the big order, and at least he was trying with the German.

Ha I had gorgotten that Paul Tulip bit of loveliness!

As for Laura, that bit in the car when she said 'I don't give a shit anymore about this task' and Baggs-the-Brand quipped 'well I do' demonstrates that actually he has a lot more perseverence than that moaning cow. I reckon that Stella has got his number but I think she has to show a bit more creativity.

Jaded

• The Codfather
« Reply #67 on: 01 December, 2010, 04:52:27 pm »
 "Bride Of Chucky" Laura  :thumbsup:

I'm still rooting for Ally McBeal/Bambi

rogerzilla

« Reply #68 on: 01 December, 2010, 07:45:17 pm »
"Bride Of Chucky" Laura  :thumbsup:
She's like Kate Middleton's evil twin; the one that's kept in the attic and fed on fish heads.

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #69 on: 01 December, 2010, 11:18:50 pm »
Yessss! Thank heavens Laura has gone. I think that Liz was bang out of order with Stella.

Jaded

• The Codfather
« Reply #70 on: 01 December, 2010, 11:23:53 pm »
We did idly wonder if the boys would have won if they just stayed in the office and took the fines.

Liz was right - Stella was obsessed with Michelin Stars and didn't see that paying £200 for 1/20th of something valued at £2,000 was wrong. Quite apart from the fact that restaurants have huge markups and so are not quite the best place to buy stuff from.

rogerzilla

« Reply #71 on: 02 December, 2010, 06:47:49 am »
Winning strategy: stay in the pub and buy nothing.  The task was wrongly designed, with ridiculously low fines given the expected prices of the items.

Lots of amusing scowls from Stella.  And WTF does "corporate" mean as an insult?

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #72 on: 02 December, 2010, 07:45:36 am »
We did idly wonder if the boys would have won if they just stayed in the office and took the fines.

Liz was right - Stella was obsessed with Michelin Stars and didn't see that paying £200 for 1/20th of something valued at £2,000 was wrong. Quite apart from the fact that restaurants have huge markups and so are not quite the best place to buy stuff from.

But it was Laura who jumped in with the £200 offer - not Stella...

Glad Laura's gone.  She's been a bit of a passenger throughout.

But I wanted the boys to lose - just to see The Brand get canned.
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

Jakob

« Reply #73 on: 02 December, 2010, 08:23:13 am »
Stella is not very popular, is she? (She's our households favourite).
Liz was really bitching..I mean, what does she expect in the boardroom?. Both her and Laura ganged up on her, focusing on what was essentially Laura's mistake.

The boys were cringe-worthy, but it worked....somehow..I really wanted Stuart gone, but this task was made for him and even if they'd lost, it would have been Jamie who would have been fired.

Si

« Reply #74 on: 02 December, 2010, 09:25:53 am »
Winning strategy: stay in the pub and buy nothing.  The task was wrongly designed, with ridiculously low fines given the expected prices of the items.

that's what I thought initially, but I think that (assuming that they knew the fines before hand) it was actually just a little cleverer than that.  It tested the contestants' ability to actually work out what the task was, and sought to identify those that could understand that it was about spending the least money rather than getting the most items.

Unfortunately, the blokes won, partly by accident, but despite his inability to get more than two items, you have to credit Jamie(?) with actually telling his lads that they had to get stuff for the lowest price possible.

But, the whole thing was worth it for the Baggs quote of the week, what was it, something like: "Even when we are shite, we are good.".