Author Topic: MP3 album art transfer problem  (Read 1158 times)

MP3 album art transfer problem
« on: 06 April, 2009, 09:52:02 pm »
Hi all

Very minor problem alert:

Advice appreciated. The phone is a Sony W705 with a 4 GB card. The computer is XP, Windows Media Player 11, all software updates done on phone and computer. The software available is Sony PC Media Manager Pro. The only problem that I have not been able to solve so far (and neither have Sony) is that the phone will not connect in media transfer mode: this is a mode that apparently allows transfer of licence protected files. Anyhoo, the phone does connect all other modes, sync works fine, etc.

So, the options for transfer are drag and drop in Windows, transfer via mass storage mode using Sony's crappy software, or to sync in WMP11. I have done all this with no problem except for one damn thing. A few, just two or three, will transfer minus their album art. A minor detail, sure, but it bugs me  ;D

I have so far failed to find a consistent solution to this. It took about 4 goes to get to the above point, but there are a few that will just not work, despite having album art in the appropriate folder on the PC side. (The first thing was that the cd's were ripped minus art... One thing I have noted while trying the different combinations above is that if I rip in WMP11 in mp3 format, the album art does not appear... but it does if you rip in wma pro... and so it went on).

For instance, let's say I drag and drop the entire folder to the card. In Windoze, I can see the album art displayed in the folder on the phone. But it is not actually on the phone when I look there directly.

So, any thoughts? For instance, can I just bypass all the above crap and paste an image into the correct folder in the device?

Re: MP3 album art transfer problem
« Reply #1 on: 06 April, 2009, 10:01:45 pm »
I do not understand any of the above.

Which strongly suggests to me that what you need is arty-farty Mac.

It works here.  :P

« Reply #2 on: 06 April, 2009, 10:03:36 pm »
 ;D

'tard.

« Reply #3 on: 06 April, 2009, 10:06:07 pm »
 ;D

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #4 on: 06 April, 2009, 11:21:23 pm »
;D

'tard.

re' or bas' ?

I do know that *T*n*s puts the album art into the music file.
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #5 on: 07 April, 2009, 12:15:11 am »
Certainly not re'  ;D

I did try iTunes but found it cumbersome for devices other than iPods and iPhones. I think as I recall I'd have had to burn stuff to a cd, or virtual cd, and then to the card from there.

« Reply #6 on: 10 April, 2009, 10:44:11 pm »
Well, that was odd. One of the recalcitrant album covers just appeared today after not appearing since the above. The others - the problem seems to be resolved if I transfer using the Sony software as an mp3 rather than the (default) AAC. The only art that does not work now is the art for the second and subsequent cds of a set.