Author Topic: Olympic Road Race Predictions  (Read 29522 times)

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
Re: Olympic Road Race Predictions
« Reply #200 on: 01 August, 2012, 12:24:01 am »
not quite so keen on Van Garderen after his behaviour in the Tour, and for having a stupid first name.  ;D

Yes, he went down in my estimation in the Tour, but you've got to admire his phenomenal talent. If not his stupid first name. ;D

d.
I don't mind his name, but I'm afraid he comes across to me as a dislikeable character. Certainly incredibly talented though and I'm sure he's going to be a big star.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Rig of Jarkness

• An Englishman abroad
« Reply #201 on: 01 August, 2012, 06:51:57 am »
I really enjoyed watching the Khazak rider doing the crafty to get the advantage for the sprint finish. like drossal says. It was like when my dad told me I had a puncture before spriniting down the road while I checked my tyres. ;D

One of the merits of the Eurosport commentary is that David Harmon lets us in on some of Sean Kelly's trade secrets.  Like riding up behind his competitor and placing a folded up wrapper from an energy bar on the back tyre such it lodges underneath the brake.  Competitor immediately stops pedalling to find out what the noise is and Sean attacks  :)
Aero but not dynamic

« Reply #202 on: 01 August, 2012, 08:17:02 am »
I really enjoyed watching the Khazak rider doing the crafty to get the advantage for the sprint finish. like drossal says. It was like when my dad told me I had a puncture before spriniting down the road while I checked my tyres. ;D

One of the merits of the Eurosport commentary is that David Harmon lets us in on some of Sean Kelly's trade secrets.  Like riding up behind his competitor and placing a folded up wrapper from an energy bar on the back tyre such it lodges underneath the brake.  Competitor immediately stops pedalling to find out what the noise is and Sean attacks  :)

Noted, for use on future club runs. :demon: