Author Topic: 27 inch tyres  (Read 2507 times)

27 inch tyres
« on: 27 May, 2014, 11:12:39 am »
Howdy all,

Don't know if this is the right area to post this, but here we go . . .

I'm trying to find anybody stocking good 27 inch tyres, ideally no thicker than 1 1/8, as the rear one on my bike needs replacing soon.  Wiggle used to stock 27 inch Conti Gator Ultraskins, but these seem to be all gone now, and Charlie seems apparently not to stock 27 inch.  I'll keep looking at other sites, but if anybody has any suggestions for good 27 inch road tyre stockists they would be very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Dave
Why not?

Re: 27 inch tyres
« Reply #1 on: 27 May, 2014, 11:23:58 am »
SJS and Spa would be obvious places to try, I'd have thought.

« Reply #2 on: 27 May, 2014, 11:50:17 am »
Superb, cheers for that.
Why not?

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #4 on: 29 May, 2014, 04:00:36 pm »
The last ones I saw were Conti Super Sport - not bad - or Panaracer Paselas, which you love or hate.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star

« Reply #6 on: 28 July, 2014, 07:51:26 am »
I've got Panaracer Paselas on my 10-speed. They seem OK so far, although I tend to ride another bike if I think I'll encounter lots of broken tarmac or debris. They have amber walls, which to be honest do nothing for me but I guess they're period-correct. Personally I like the look of wide-ish Contis with the Gatorskin-type tread, however I don't think the ones with good puncture protection are that easy to come by.

« Reply #7 on: 28 July, 2014, 11:03:01 am »
I expect adonymous has got some tyres by now, but I see that Conti Gator Hardshells are in stock at Wiggle, among others.

It doesn't look as if 27" tyres are about to disappear.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897