Author Topic: Press Conference.  (Read 2436 times)

Press Conference.
« on: 09 December, 2012, 09:06:51 am »
Its my children's birthday today. One of them is 3 and the other 1.

Some fucker has given my daughter one of those dolls that cries incessantly unless you stick a bottle in its mouth and rub its forehead. Somewhat curiously, the water that it drinks also provides the tears that it cries, so the implicit message to the doll's 3 year old mummy is that if you withhold food and water babies won't cry.

Anyway, the fucking thing has malfunctioned and won't stop crying, so now we have 3 year old, her own mother, and her mother's mother (I told you it was bad) fussing over the thing. I've taken refuge upstairs but I'm waiting for the moment when their attention is taken by something else so that I can whisk the doll, for whom I have chosen the name Shannon, upstairs and secrete her in the drawer under my bed.

Press conference to be held at around 10am when they notice that she has gone missing, and I will be able to demonstrate how distraught I am.

Re: Press Conference.
« Reply #1 on: 09 December, 2012, 09:20:54 am »
I'd suggest taking the doll into care and sedating it by removing the batteries. You could repurpose the press conference into an appeal for donor batteries.
If you still want peace and quiet, just claim that none of the donor batteries matched, and that the doll should be left alone to see if it will recover as there's nothing more you can do.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #2 on: 09 December, 2012, 09:47:55 am »
Don't worry, I'll be bringing my Lobotomy Kit to the party.

It won't cry after that.
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #3 on: 09 December, 2012, 10:19:59 am »
Go for a long walk with the doll (it'll be bad, but not as bad as listening to it inside). When you get home the batteries should be pretty much flat. Never, ever, replace them.
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

« Reply #4 on: 09 December, 2012, 10:31:06 am »
Two birds with one stone, placate them by suggesting that they give it a bath. I would assume that if you can get enough water inside it then that might kill the electronics.

Euan Uzami

« Reply #5 on: 09 December, 2012, 12:33:57 pm »
Surely a plumbing-based solution would be better than an electronics-based solution... ;D

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #6 on: 09 December, 2012, 09:16:07 pm »
Sorted with a piece of 4x2

It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #7 on: 09 December, 2012, 09:17:14 pm »
Stake through the heart?
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #8 on: 09 December, 2012, 09:58:10 pm »
Looks like a SMIDSY to me :)

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #9 on: 12 December, 2012, 02:30:28 pm »
Sorted with a piece of 4x2

Vinsani? Must be a Flatus family post-vindaloo loo.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.