Author Topic: La Vuelta a España '09 (spoiler warning)  (Read 6052 times)

Re: La Vuelta a España '09 (spoiler warning)
« Reply #25 on: 09 September, 2009, 12:18:23 pm »
The usual full bodied Australian whine.  ::-)

STFUAJGOWI.
Quote from: Marbeaux
Have given this a great deal of thought and decided not to contribute to any further Threads for the time being.
POTD. (decade) :thumbsup:

alan

« Reply #26 on: 09 September, 2009, 12:23:09 pm »
The usual full bodied Australian whine.  ::-)

STFUAJGOWI.

I assume that's native Aboriginal ;)

Thor

• Super-sonnicus idioticus
« Reply #27 on: 09 September, 2009, 12:34:36 pm »
I think he's suggesting that Cadel Evans ought to talk less and ride better.
It was a day like any other in Ireland, only it wasn't raining

« Reply #28 on: 13 September, 2009, 07:11:55 pm »
Ah, I hadn't seen that. However, it's not unsurprisingly considering some of the stuff that was in the interview I quoted previous, such as:

PEZ: What’s your role in the race?
Charly: The team is aware that I’m coming into this race maybe not at 100%, I didn’t expect to be riding so I’ll have to use the first week to ride myself in – I’m here to help Cadel but it’s really squeezing the last few drops of juice from the lemon, as far as my form goes.

PEZ: Is this your last race of the year?
Charly: I hope so! Perhaps I could enlist Pez readers to start a ‘Let Charly Have a Rest’ email campaign?

I spoke to Charly's mum yesterday and basically she said that he had nothing left in the tank after the Tour of Italy and the TdF. He was just completely drained and she wasn't surprised that he abandoned. He's gone to Finland for some rest.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
« Reply #29 on: 14 September, 2009, 08:07:00 pm »
Clearly the Peloton were happy for the breakaway to succeed today, seeing as they came in 25 mins behind stage win Boom!
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
« Reply #30 on: 14 September, 2009, 10:20:50 pm »
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

« Reply #31 on: 14 September, 2009, 10:39:51 pm »
you'd better call that whining.

He could have taken the rear wheel out himself, saving some seconds. He wasn't taking the bottle normally but holding it for quite a number of seconds while the car accellerated a bit. That was clearly visible. And he lost some time yesterday, couldn't follow the other main contenders. He simply was shot when he had his puncture, a fit rider will prepare his bike to the maximum before the mechanic arrives, he simply stood and waited.