Author Topic: replica kit  (Read 4093 times)

replica kit
« on: 05 August, 2012, 06:52:05 pm »
This has been rather good so far. Mrs Dan was wondering whether there was replica cycling kit for women available. I can't find it (never mind the her size or in stock issues) in places where I can find mens kit (the LBS, wiggle, 2012 web site). Does it exist? The women cyclists from team GB are quite good, so women wanting to emulate them doesn't seem so unlikely to me.

Re: replica kit
« Reply #1 on: 06 August, 2012, 09:37:16 am »
Some here
http://www.kitbag.com/stores/kitbag/products/product_browse.aspx?&category|category_root|16632=team+gb&category|cat_16632|24927=official+team+gb+replica

Just googled Team GB...
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #2 on: 06 August, 2012, 10:02:40 am »
I did try google  ;D
... but when i tick "female" I get running top, football top, tennis skirt. Ho hum.

« Reply #3 on: 06 August, 2012, 10:27:38 am »
I don't think that the women cyclists use anything different to the men. Maybe a different insert in the shorts, but then that might vary anyway between individuals.

« Reply #4 on: 06 August, 2012, 10:38:41 am »
OT, but we've noticed that the logos (both the rings, and Adidas) on the cycling kit (the athetes', not the replica), seem slightly blurred on the cycle kit, but not on any of the others. Is it a different fabric or something?  We first noticed it on Lizzie Armistead, and I thought it was something to do with her being soaked from the rain, but the track cyclists' kit look the same. The running kit printing always looks nice and crisp.

If I had a baby elephant, it could help me wash the car. If I had a car.

See my recycled crafts at www.wastenotwantit.co.uk

« Reply #5 on: 06 August, 2012, 11:03:55 am »
I don't think that the women cyclists use anything different to the men. Maybe a different insert in the shorts, but then that might vary anyway between individuals.

I guess that could explain it, although I'd have thought the tops might need a different cut - certainly for replica kit, where they're catering to a market that has more average body shapes!

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #6 on: 06 August, 2012, 11:30:30 am »
OT, but we've noticed that the logos (both the rings, and Adidas) on the cycling kit (the athetes', not the replica), seem slightly blurred on the cycle kit, but not on any of the others. Is it a different fabric or something? 

They're trying to make it look as though they're going faster....  ;) ;D
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
« Reply #7 on: 06 August, 2012, 12:16:07 pm »
OT, but we've noticed that the logos (both the rings, and Adidas) on the cycling kit (the athetes', not the replica), seem slightly blurred on the cycle kit, but not on any of the others. Is it a different fabric or something?  We first noticed it on Lizzie Armistead, and I thought it was something to do with her being soaked from the rain, but the track cyclists' kit look the same. The running kit printing always looks nice and crisp.

I've noticed it as well. It's bound to be a different material, but I don't know if the blurring is because of the specific (aerodynamic?) texture of the skinsuit fabric.

Rig of Jarkness

• An Englishman abroad
« Reply #8 on: 06 August, 2012, 12:38:28 pm »
Tweet from Jill Douglas this morning.

Adidas shop in Westfield selling GB kit like hot cakes, other nations' athletes r big customers! Best sellers? Cycling kit says assistant!!

No idea where Westfield is, I presume somewhere in London
Aero but not dynamic

Ray 6701

• SO @ T
    • Tamworth cycling club
« Reply #9 on: 06 August, 2012, 12:44:00 pm »
SR 2010/11/12/13/14/15
RRTY. PBP. LeJoG 1400. LEL.

Regulator

« Reply #10 on: 06 August, 2012, 12:46:43 pm »
I'd be tempted if it wasn't plastered with Adidas logos...

(and if they did it in Super XXX Fat Bastard size).

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #11 on: 06 August, 2012, 02:33:06 pm »

Adidas shop in Westfield selling GB kit like hot cakes, other nations' athletes r big customers! Best sellers? Cycling kit says assistant!!

Isn't it the big shopping mall virtually next to the Olympic park?
If I had a baby elephant, it could help me wash the car. If I had a car.

See my recycled crafts at www.wastenotwantit.co.uk

« Reply #12 on: 06 August, 2012, 02:35:36 pm »

Isn't it the big shopping mall virtually next to the Olympic park?

Yep, the one you HAVE to go through to get into the venue. (well strictly it Westfield Stratford I think - the "original Westfield is more to the west)
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #13 on: 06 August, 2012, 02:43:51 pm »
There are Westfields everywhere they can get planning permission; Bristol, Derby, even London.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Jacomus

• My favourite gender neutral pronoun is comrade
« Reply #14 on: 06 August, 2012, 02:56:46 pm »
Miss Emily is desperate for a Team GB beach volleyball bikini, which I can't seem to find sold anywhere :(
"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity." Amelia Earhart

Regulator

« Reply #15 on: 06 August, 2012, 05:12:14 pm »
Miss Emily is desperate for a Team GB beach volleyball bikini, which I can't seem to find sold anywhere :(

Can't you nip down to Horseguards and charm one off one of the ladies?  ;)

Green Party Councillor