Author Topic: Pre ride meet up  (Read 1464 times)

Ray 6701

• SO @ T
    • Tamworth cycling club
Pre ride meet up
« on: 11 July, 2013, 04:59:57 pm »
Any plans for a beer the evening before  ???

There's a Wetherspoons in Loughton.
http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/home/pubs/the-last-post-loughton
SR 2010/11/12/13/14/15
RRTY. PBP. LeJoG 1400. LEL.

Re: Pre ride meet up
« Reply #1 on: 11 July, 2013, 05:09:54 pm »
There is already a suggestion that the facebook group meet up there on the afternoon.

Perhaps someone should warn them that 1000 extra people are coming through their door that day!

« Reply #2 on: 11 July, 2013, 06:29:00 pm »
Will have to consult The Good Beer Guide on this - Loughton though; think lager, Essex and Chavelicious!

« Reply #3 on: 11 July, 2013, 06:34:26 pm »
Any plans for a beer the evening before  ???

There's a Wetherspoons in Loughton.
http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/home/pubs/the-last-post-loughton

That's my plan. Being a cheapskate who isn't particularly fussed about beer and likes a good and cheap nosh up then it's perfect for me.

« Reply #4 on: 11 July, 2013, 07:14:38 pm »
We sampled the breakfast at Loughton Wetherspoons today.  It was fine.

Pub is nice and clean - not a bit like you'd expect for Essex :)

Keith and Sue

« Reply #5 on: 11 July, 2013, 09:25:22 pm »
The wetherspoons would be good for me and it would be good to see folk before the ride, I guess just need a time to aim for

« Reply #6 on: 11 July, 2013, 09:49:21 pm »
I heard someone/somewhere mention the all you can eat Chinese in Ilford.  Des anyone know anything about that as a possible rendezvous?

Hummers

• It is all about the taste.
« Reply #7 on: 12 July, 2013, 09:08:19 am »
M u s t  r e s i s t...

H

Fidgetbuzz

• L sp MOON. 1st R sp MARS . At X SO sp STARS
« Reply #8 on: 12 July, 2013, 10:12:24 am »
The wetherspoons would be good for me and it would be good to see folk before the ride, I guess just need a time to aim for

Surely timing is from the earliest you can get there .. until you are thrown out at closing time.

Or am I missing something
I was an accountant until I discovered Audax !!

« Reply #9 on: 12 July, 2013, 12:49:04 pm »

Surely timing is from the earliest you can get there .. until you are thrown out at closing time.

.....not thought of it that way.

« Reply #10 on: 12 July, 2013, 07:08:35 pm »

Sounds like a plan.
I'll aim for somewhere around noon, after leaving the Harwich ferry at 7am. I'll have to leave to check in to the Travelodge in Harlow in the afternoon and then get back for dinner. This is on friday though, on saturday I'll be somewhere in the city.
Forgive me Father, for I have sinned. It has been too many days since I have ridden through the night with a brevet card in my pocket...

mikewigley

« Reply #11 on: 12 July, 2013, 09:20:17 pm »

Just look for the quiet bunch in a corner somewhere?

Hummers

« Reply #12 on: 14 July, 2013, 10:55:38 am »
M u s t  r e s i s t...

H

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
« Reply #13 on: 14 July, 2013, 11:45:03 am »
Unless you would like to be exposed to bare male buttocks (in remarkably good condition considering the age actually  :P ) or contra-rotating nipple tassels on a man who should know better, I implore you to keep the location from Hummers.  You can see from his own posts, that you'd be doing the poor man a favour.

Don't say I didn't warn you if suddenly you find yourself in a demonstration of the correct usage of condoms in inclement weather conditions.
Right! What's next?

Ooooh. That sounds like a daft idea.  I am in!

Hummers

« Reply #14 on: 14 July, 2013, 11:48:34 am »
That's torn it Marcus.

How big is this Wetherspoons?

H