Author Topic: Two photos (NZ and Belgium)  (Read 1480 times)

Two photos (NZ and Belgium)
« on: 15 November, 2008, 08:27:07 am »

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
Re: Two photos (NZ and Belgium)
« Reply #1 on: 15 November, 2008, 08:33:17 am »
I'm not a fan of the helmet law, but does anyone else know of an airport which provides a bicycle assembly area, complete with clamp?
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2 on: 15 November, 2008, 10:04:35 am »
Not to that degree, but Psubliminal in Balham has a bannister rail made of old frames.
Getting there...

« Reply #3 on: 15 November, 2008, 10:09:54 am »
I assembled my bike outside, on the pavement at Auckland airport. Nice touch.

« Reply #4 on: 24 November, 2008, 11:07:56 am »
Ah, Roeselare... did you go to the National Cycle Museum? (it was empty but for us when we went - the nice ladies on the counter seemed very pleased to see us).

And to De Zalm, to sample the uniquely tart draught Foederbier, only available there?
Profit or planet?

Clare

• Is in NZ
« Reply #5 on: 24 November, 2008, 10:21:31 pm »
We used that assembly area at Auckland, there are actually two clamps which cut down on the build time considerably. Also as we were working a bloke who looked very dodgy kept wandering up and looking in the boxes, it was very unnerving and we have visions of chasing the thieving git onto an outgoing plane or somesuch. Anyway we had emptied both of the boxes and were just wondering where to put them when he wandered up again and dragged them both away. It turns out that the airport keeps a supply of bike boxes and you can phone ahead and book one, then on departure day you just ride up to the airport, collect your box, dismantle your bike, box it and check it in (as long as they have a box available).

:thumbsup: