Author Topic: Tour de France Pics  (Read 1453 times)

Tour de France Pics
« on: 19 July, 2011, 09:57:18 pm »
To be honest this was a lucky bit of point and shootery.

IMG_4130 by RWPD, on Flickr

It was only when we got home I realised Polly'd got a picture of most of HTC Highroad, Europecar and a little bit of BMC.

We've never ever been to see the tour before.  We had a great time, it was like a big party, it helped that we met up with a two other English couples and had a picnik.  We then nipped down to Lavaur to see the finish in the pissing rain, but were too late to get a good spot.

Re: Tour de France Pics
« Reply #1 on: 21 July, 2011, 12:17:32 am »
We were at the end of the stage in Montpellier. I can't believe how much fun it was.
Even though we arrived about 4 hours before the race was due, there wasn't a dull moment.
We managed to get a front row place about 130m from the finish line and, crucially, only about 20m from a big screen so that we could watch the stage live ! The icing on the cake was that we had an Armco barrier to sit on  :thumbsup:

Pictures:-

Me in one of the 4 free caps that I got;-

11-07-17 TdeF finish 4 by Chocolatebike1, on Flickr

Skoda Yeti;-

11-07-17 TdeF yeti by Chocolatebike1, on Flickr

We missed Cav's sprint on the photos but here's Jens Voight rolling in while a replay of Cav is showing on the screen;-

11-07-17 TdeF finish Jens Voight by Chocolatebike1, on Flickr

You'll have to take my word for it, but Cav is in the front passenger seat. The team bus had already left, I assume that he'd stayed behind to give interviews;-

11-07-17 TdeF Cav car by Chocolatebike1, on Flickr

thing1

• aka Joth
    • TandemThings
« Reply #2 on: 21 July, 2011, 10:17:42 pm »
Very obviously not mine, but I had to share:

Great shot of Team Leopard-Trek on stage 17, by Reuters (found here)

fuzzy

« Reply #3 on: 30 July, 2011, 08:08:47 pm »
SWMBO on plot, 0945 Sunday 24th July 2011. Only six and a half hours to wait.

The caravan arrives

(Not throwing swag out to the minions this time :-\ )

The wait is over

Most of the rest of my race images are blurred (poor panning and too much going on with arms and cameras around me screwing with autofocus) but I like this one of Ben Swift in the break

Cuddles

HTC on the lap of honour

Tommy V on the lapof honiour- looking arsey for some reason

We arrived at our spot at 9:45 a.m. defending it against all comers until 8:15 p.m. A good 10 and a half hour shift :thumbsup: