Author Topic: Friday Night Track League at Halesowen  (Read 1126 times)

Dave5N

Friday Night Track League at Halesowen
« on: 31 March, 2009, 11:19:04 pm »
Friday Night Track League kicks off at Halesowen on 1st May at 7:15.

Not long now to those warm summer evenings and some fantastic track racing at Manor Abbey Stadium, Halesowen.

Your chance to see some very entertaining live racing that's competitive, fun and above all, free!  8)  It's ten times better than on the telly! The commentary is excellent, and the atmosphere friendly. If you can, have a chat with the old boys above the home straight - they know the deal with some heroes of the past present most weeks, including the 1948 'Austerity' Olympians.

Watch the local heroes try and emulate our Team GB Olympic and World Championship stars (although at least two are in the Olympic Academy and have raced for Britain as Seniors at World Cup and the World Championships this year. Not really emulation there then. ::-))

You can enjoy a glass of beer (there are some fine real ales at VERY affordable prices!) or tea, cake and refreshments from trackside and entry is free for spectators. What could be better in these difficult financial times?

There is racing in Senior A, Senior B and Youth categories. Also races for Freewheelers in A (U12 and 2nd year U10) and B (u8 and 1st year U10) categories

If you fancy coming and having a go - there will be some open training sessions in the weeks leading up to FNTL, so you can find your track legs.

IanDG

• The p*** artist formerly known as 'Windy'
    • the_dandg_rouleur
Re: Friday Night Track League at Halesowen
« Reply #1 on: 31 March, 2009, 11:27:04 pm »
I used to ride for Halesowen back in the early 80s, used to be an awful track with one bankng steeper than the other, caused me to crash first time I rode it. I think I own a few metres of it now having donated when it was resurfaced

Dave5N

« Reply #2 on: 31 March, 2009, 11:51:15 pm »
It's still a little assymmetrical but pretty good now.

Think you might own a bit of the old one...

IanDG

• The p*** artist formerly known as 'Windy'
    • the_dandg_rouleur
« Reply #3 on: 01 April, 2009, 12:01:57 am »
?? It's since I moved out here, (last 10 years) They had an appeal through cycling weekly to resurface it? I have a certificate somewhere.