Author Topic: Ineffably sad  (Read 2725 times)

T42

• Apprentice geezer
Re: Ineffably sad
« Reply #1 on: 11 March, 2019, 10:11:37 am »
Agreed. Burned bright, but shortly. Her parents must be utterly flattened.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #2 on: 11 March, 2019, 11:21:58 am »
Has there been any suggestion as to the cause?

Poor kid.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #3 on: 11 March, 2019, 11:24:33 am »
Suicide. I have only incomprehension (thankfully) how somebody so good all round in life felt the need to do this.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

Phil W

« Reply #4 on: 11 March, 2019, 11:59:54 am »
A friend of mine used to suffer from depression.  It was when we were rock climbing that he used to soar like an eagle.  He commited suicide near the end of 2004.   There are many shared climbs, days, and trips to the mountains and Alps that only live on in my memories now.  It is terribly sad that he is no longer around to share those memories and to share some more.    I don't know if there is any data on it, but it is often those who soar the highest also have the darkest days, whilst the rest of us muddle along somewhere in the middle.

« Reply #5 on: 11 March, 2019, 12:08:42 pm »
Thanks for the information.  I did wonder.  So very sad.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #6 on: 11 March, 2019, 01:02:24 pm »
Suicide. I have only incomprehension (thankfully) how somebody so good all round in life felt the need to do this.

Me too.  It reminds me of an Irish friend who was delighting in a new bike at the beginning of November 2017, was having fun at the end of November and who committed suicide in early December.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #7 on: 12 March, 2019, 07:45:16 pm »
From what I have read she had suffered some serious concussions and was struggling with the after effects
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

« Reply #8 on: 19 March, 2019, 03:46:53 pm »
From what I have read she had suffered some serious concussions and was struggling with the after effects

I have been following this story with interest (I grew up with someone who had a serious TBI).

Seems she had been fine, if pressured, until the head injury. Following that, she had continual, major symptoms. Constant headaches. Sensitivity to light, noises. Flashing lights in her eyes, inability to concentrate. Physical weakness. Mood swings.

All of these are typical effects of a TBI. 

In someone so driven and riding (literally) on the edge, this would have been devastating. Poor girl, poor parents. What a loss to the world.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

rob

« Reply #9 on: 09 April, 2019, 09:32:03 am »