Author Topic: Cancellara to tackle hour record  (Read 1791 times)

Cancellara to tackle hour record
« on: 05 July, 2013, 11:49:43 am »
Could be interesting. Assuming it does actually happen of course...

Cancellara to tackle hour record
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
Re: Cancellara to tackle hour record
« Reply #1 on: 05 July, 2013, 11:55:00 am »
I was wondering when he'd get round to doing that.   I'd love to be there, but imagine that the chances of getting tickets will be slim approaching nonexistent. 

Assuming it does happen, I wonder if this will inspire maybe Wiggins or Martin to give it a go in the future?

« Reply #2 on: 05 July, 2013, 12:21:07 pm »
It's certainly the sort of thing I'd expect Wiggins to have a go at. Maybe even more so now seeing as his future in grand tours is looking a bit.. well, bleak...
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #3 on: 05 July, 2013, 12:40:52 pm »
It's certainly the sort of thing I'd expect Wiggins to have a go at. Maybe even more so now seeing as his future in grand tours is looking a bit.. well, bleak...

I couldn't agree more!  ;D

https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=65870.0

I would very much look forward to seeing Cancellara attempt the record. He's an ideal candidate. And like Brad, it looks like his future participation in GTs is doubtful, so he needs something else to focus on.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #4 on: 05 July, 2013, 04:02:21 pm »
If he does go for it I hope Trek don't make him ride on a bike in this year's TdF colour. Its reminiscent of a 1970s bathroom suite  :sick:
Working my way up to inferior.

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #5 on: 15 May, 2014, 10:20:07 pm »
The UCI have decided on some rules

All previous records are going to be reinstated, the new record is going to start from Ondrei Sosenka's 49.7 km (Boardman's 56.375 will also stand) and the new rules will be harmonised with the pursuit bike rules of the time. 

Will Cancellara's attempt now be back on?  We'll probably find out soon.

<i>Marmite slave</i>

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
« Reply #7 on: 16 May, 2014, 10:30:05 am »
on hold

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest-news/fabian-cancellaras-hour-record-attempt-hold-uci-decides-rules-120348

That article pre-dates the article Mr Bunbury linked to and says Cancellara is waiting until the UCI decide what the rules will be - that they have now seem to have done, so hopefully his bid will be back on once Trek build him a bike in accordance with the new rules etc.
Right! What's next?

Ooooh. That sounds like a daft idea.  I am in!

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #8 on: 16 May, 2014, 10:33:02 am »
The UCI have decided on some rules

All previous records are going to be reinstated, the new record is going to start from Ondrei Sosenka's 49.7 km (Boardman's 56.375 will also stand) and the new rules will be harmonised with the pursuit bike rules of the time. 

So we now have a situation where new records have been set at times slower than the old ones, but the older, faster ones still stand. It's a bit silly! Still, it sounds like the rules will settle down now (at least for a while... )
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.