Author Topic: Later restrospective last night on BBC  (Read 717 times)

Later restrospective last night on BBC
« on: 16 December, 2012, 02:45:21 pm »
There was a retrospective of Later last night where Jules picked his favorite bits that included him on keyboards. Fantastic performances. Stand out was Dusty Springfield with Sinead O'conner and Alison Moyet on backing vocals, The White Stripes and a wonderfully restrained performance by Mary J Blige (X factor contestants take note cut the warbling !!)
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
Re: Later restrospective last night on BBC
« Reply #1 on: 16 December, 2012, 02:53:26 pm »
There was also a more personal documentary on Jules last night.  I recorded that (yet to watch it), but didn't bother with the Later compilation as I've already got many video recordings of favourite performances.   The great thing about such a varied and long running show is that nearly everyone's favourites will appear eventually.  :thumbsup:
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
« Reply #2 on: 16 December, 2012, 05:23:27 pm »
There was a retrospective of Later last night where Jules picked his favorite bits that included him on keyboards.

I didn't watch it, because none of my favourite bits of Later include Jools adding boogie-woogie piano on unsuitable songs.  :D

LEE

« Reply #3 on: 16 December, 2012, 05:29:42 pm »
Jools should receive an honour for his services to music.

It's a wonderful show, presented in a wonderful format.  A high percentage of my favourite artists were heard first on his show.

Mostly I prefer the "Later" version to any subsequent album versions.

I will never forget seeing Portishead on his show.  It was a revelation.