Author Topic: Sh!te courier thread  (Read 149146 times)

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Re: Sh!te courier thread
« Reply #800 on: 16 August, 2022, 09:39:35 pm »
Curiouser and curiouser:  I reported the above to the Mega-Global Sounds Like A River Co, and then went out to get utterly soaked on an unrelated post-office/shopping mission.

When I returned, the parcel (which bore no resemblance to the one allegedly photographed in Weatherby) was plonked on the doorstep, getting rained on.  The doorbell hadn't been rung, and consequently barakta had sat obliviously on the other side of the door watching videos.

On further inspection, the shipping label was creased in a way that largely obscured the address.  Which would explain how it had failed to be delivered, but not the Yorkshire connection.

Seller has now contacted me to say there was/is a systemic problem with tracking numbers, given me an alternative number which the Royal Mail doesn't recognise (which makes sense, it's not their tracking number format) and they claim says it was delivered today.

Courier so shite they're pretending to be a different courier, anyone?

CommuteTooFar

• Inadequate Randonneur
« Reply #801 on: 18 August, 2022, 03:49:20 pm »
I am always annoyed when my parcel does not arrive two minutes after the start of the delivery window. That is simply selfish impatience. My deliveries rarely go wrong but I am annoyed nether the less. My worst delivery company is Amazon Logistics.  All the other companies deliver to some time in the morning or a declared two hour window when I am unlucky.  Amazon simply say 10am to 9pm today. This completely kills my day. I feel evil because obviously I feel bad towards the innocent worker who hands me my parcel. In reality he or she (never) who hands me my stuff in the evening is probably working a second job to make ends meet. Despite this Amazon know which van my stuff is on. Working time directives are a good thing. At this moment I an annoyed for no reason. I do not need this stuff till September but I am still waiting.

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #802 on: 18 August, 2022, 05:27:51 pm »
I am always annoyed when my parcel does not arrive two minutes after the start of the delivery window. That is simply selfish impatience. My deliveries rarely go wrong but I am annoyed nether the less. My worst delivery company is Amazon Logistics.  All the other companies deliver to some time in the morning or a declared two hour window when I am unlucky.  Amazon simply say 10am to 9pm today. This completely kills my day. I feel evil because obviously I feel bad towards the innocent worker who hands me my parcel. In reality he or she (never) who hands me my stuff in the evening is probably working a second job to make ends meet. Despite this Amazon know which van my stuff is on. Working time directives are a good thing. At this moment I an annoyed for no reason. I do not need this stuff till September but I am still waiting.

Steady on there, when "mail order" was the big thing with ads in the Sunday papers from the likes of Scotcade (and the Innovations catalogue) - it was "Delivery in 28 days"  (or possibly more for some stuff) - we're spoilt rotten nowadays .... although it does annoy me when Amazon delivers stuff the same day - surely there could be greater consolidation of transport?

« Reply #803 on: 19 August, 2022, 01:00:47 pm »
I guess Amazon Prime does help then, usually a 2 hour window.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

ravenbait

• Someone's imaginary friend
  • No, RB3, you can't have more tupperware.
    • Someone's imaginary friend
« Reply #804 on: 19 August, 2022, 01:21:01 pm »
My local Evri courier has been absolutely excellent for years. Last week she was in an RTA that left her a bit bruised but badly shaken. Everyone locally knew we wouldn't get any parcels while she was recovering, but now she has decided that she can no longer work for a company that refuses to cover her while she's on leave or support her in any way, and she has quit.

I am happy she is getting out of that toxic environment, but of course now I'll never get my wiggle parcel, which is probably stuffed in a warehouse with thousands of other backlogged parcels.

(Yes, I have reported this to wiggle.)

Sam
https://ravenbait.com
"Created something? Hah! But that would be irresponsible! And unethical! I would never, ever make... more than one."

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #805 on: 19 August, 2022, 03:48:26 pm »
Heard a courier talking to one of my neighbours this morning. The conversation went along these lines:
"I'm looking for this address, do you know where it is? Flat 4?"
"Yeah but Flat 4 and what's the house number?"
"There isn't one, it's just got Flat 4."

Sometimes it's not actually the courier who is sh!te.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #806 on: 20 August, 2022, 09:22:26 am »
This is more by way of a grumble.

I posted a tracking device in Coventry on Wednesday, first class, catching the afternoon post. By 4:30 am on Thursday it was at the delivery office on Merseyside*, around 400 metres from it's destination.

Where it stayed for around 34 hours, before being delivered at 3 pm on Friday.

As the recipient was to be taking it abroad on an early morning flight this morning (Saturday), it wasn't very reassuring to have it reside for over a day, so close to the destination.

*Via Northampton, as usual. 
Quote from: Kim
Paging Diver300.  Diver300 to the GSM Trimphone, please...

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #807 on: 20 August, 2022, 10:13:34 pm »
Heard a courier talking to one of my neighbours this morning. The conversation went along these lines:

I had a fun one the other day trying to put an address into Belgium post's website.

You have to give it a Belgian from address to be able to create a shipping label. What if you don't live in Belgium? then you'll have to post it when you get home won't you. I ended up using a friends address.

I've also had postnl refuse addresses which don't conform to a set style. In Amsterdam there are a lot of addresses that take the form 22-H, 22-I, 22-II etc... Where H is the ground floor, and i and ii are the two floors above. "House number can only contain 0-9" says the website...

A friend in Spain's address has a symbol that looks like °. "only a-z and space allowed" fnnnngh

Many parcel/postage companies do not make it easy to put in correct addresses.

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #808 on: 01 September, 2022, 04:22:49 pm »
Oh look!  The useless workshy twats at UPS have not only failed to deliver my new NAS during the 09:45-13:45 window but they haven’t updated the tracking page or notified me of any delays like wot they’re s'posed to.  The useless workshy twats.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #809 on: 02 September, 2022, 09:39:52 am »
It's difficult to tell when RM are on strike because they generally can't be arsed to do this road on Mondays or Fridays anyway.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #810 on: 02 September, 2022, 10:12:05 am »
Oh look!

Quote from: The useless workshy twats at UPS
The delivery date will be provided as soon as possible.

« Reply #811 on: 02 September, 2022, 10:19:21 am »
DPD are after my business, they stand a good chance with fedex not getting a proper signature or picture, have the issue I need pallets shipped and fedex/TNT can do that. Months ago they booked a call with me for 10AM Wednesday to discuss if they can do pallets which I regretted as been really busy this week but planned around it.....guess what......never came. Not best pleased

« Reply #812 on: 02 September, 2022, 07:44:10 pm »
DPD are after my business, they stand a good chance with fedex not getting a proper signature or picture, have the issue I need pallets shipped and fedex/TNT can do that. Months ago they booked a call with me for 10AM Wednesday to discuss if they can do pallets which I regretted as been really busy this week but planned around it.....guess what......never came. Not best pleased

I wouldn't give DPD my business.

Parcel due to be delivered on Wednesday, tracking showed it was at the local depot and that I should receive a delivery slot by 2pm. Nothing. Thursday came, tracking showed it should be delivered that day - again, no delivery slot and no parcel. Today - exactly the same.

I wouldn't mind if I had some kind of explanation, but their customer service bots seem inpenetrable - I spent a frustrating time "chatting" only to receive the same (unhelpful) message over and over, telling me only that there had been a delay to my parcel (I'd never have guessed... >:(). They are similarly useless on Twitter.

That's this weekend's decorating plans scuppered, then, as parcel contained some paint I needed.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #813 on: 02 September, 2022, 10:06:53 pm »
It's difficult to tell when RM are on strike because they generally can't be arsed to do this road on Mondays or Fridays anyway.

To make up for the strike the postie bunged my to-be-signed-for delivery through the letterbox some time before hours 09:00 this morning.  Without, obv, getting a signature.  Nothing valuable in it, fortunately, except a couple of hundred quid's worth of USAnian banknotes >:(

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #814 on: 03 September, 2022, 09:07:34 am »
Hurrah: update from UWT UPS :thumbsup: New NAS arriving Tuesday morning.  Allegedly.
Bah: Which will give me just enough time to plug it in, switch it on, swear at it and not get close to populating it before I bugger off to Battle Mountain  >:(

« Reply #815 on: 04 September, 2022, 12:57:38 pm »

I wouldn't give DPD my business.

Parcel due to be delivered on Wednesday, tracking showed it was at the local depot and that I should receive a delivery slot by 2pm. Nothing. Thursday came, tracking showed it should be delivered that day - again, no delivery slot and no parcel. Today - exactly the same.

I wouldn't mind if I had some kind of explanation, but their customer service bots seem inpenetrable - I spent a frustrating time "chatting" only to receive the same (unhelpful) message over and over, telling me only that there had been a delay to my parcel (I'd never have guessed... >:(). They are similarly useless on Twitter.

That's this weekend's decorating plans scuppered, then, as parcel contained some paint I needed.

I have an update, at last: my parcel has been delayed "due to an unexpected issue in your area". ETA now tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath. :-\

ian

« Reply #816 on: 04 September, 2022, 01:27:54 pm »
I'm impressed that the most recent 'proof of delivery' picture from RM was a blurry photo of the address label on the envelope. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that's probably not how this process is supposed to work.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #817 on: 06 September, 2022, 10:45:19 am »
Today I are mostly waiting for the useless workshy twats of UPS to deliver my package.  Now it’s officially “out for delivery” I can see its history.  It is difficult to reconcile the original delivery estimate of 1st September with the thing not actually leaving Eindhoven until the 3rd.

Edit: Crivvens!  It's arrived!

Wombat

• Is it supposed to hurt this much?
« Reply #818 on: 06 September, 2022, 11:05:47 am »

It wasn't actually "Flat, 4 Whatever Road" was it.  That's a whole lot different from Flat 4.  Speaking as a person who once lived in Flat, 3 Station Road...
Wombat

SoreTween

• Most of me survived the Pennine Bridleway.
« Reply #819 on: 03 October, 2022, 06:56:28 pm »
Brown parcel disservice, useless feckers.
I paid the damned invoice on Friday so why the bollocks does your system say import duty is due?  And please explain 'The driver was not able to receive payment'.  He didn't disgrace our front path to ask for payment, had he done so I'd have proffered the payment reference instead.
2023 targets: Survive. Maybe.
There is only one infinite resource in this universe; human stupidity.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #820 on: 03 October, 2022, 07:22:29 pm »
Honorary mention to FedEx for measuring parcels in weird leftpondian units.

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #821 on: 04 October, 2022, 12:34:40 am »
Evri are usually good round here
But they got my big roll order on the 24th, its now the next month and it still shows as being at the delivery depot.

Thankfully I missed the reorder delay email and I have a couple of months worth left.

Sent from my IV2201 using Tapatalk

« Reply #822 on: 04 October, 2022, 07:34:56 am »
It definitely depends upon your area and local delivery depot. For me, DPD are awesome. Always deliver exactly when they say, and will leave with a neighbour or somewhere sensible.
Hermes/Evri can be a little variable on speed, but always get here without chasing and the local delivery ladies are great.
Even Yodel works for us.

DHL are a total nightmare at home, UPS seem to struggle to understand the business park I work on and regularly just give up - despite adequate signage on the approach roads and guys at the entrances to guide them.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #823 on: 04 October, 2022, 09:40:25 pm »
Honorary mention to FedEx for measuring parcels in weird leftpondian units.

Stepping this up to non-honorary status, on the basis that the parcel was not delivered as scheduled.  It's probably stuck in a brexit black hole somewhere, but they could at least warn you of that.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #824 on: 04 October, 2022, 11:21:45 pm »
Suddenly seems to be loads of messages on our local Next-door saying things like 'Has anyone with a white door with a catflap received a delivery they weren't expecting? '
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.