Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Dark Side / Re: Parking brake and 2009 ICE Q
« Last post by Tigerbiten on Today at 09:47:33 am »
You should be able to pick up a MTB friction lever for £5-10.
Match it with a BB7 caliper and a gear cable you're done.
But ......
Remember it has to 100% off before you start pedalling otherwise it's hard work ........  ;D
We are interested (I'll tell clarion!) if it isn't the first or last weekends.
Racing / Re: Tour de France 2018
« Last post by Exit Stage Left on Today at 09:37:47 am »
All these abandons and out of times are down to ASO designing a course for Bardet, and hoping that Froome wouldn't be there. Nobody's going to bite the hand that feeds them though.

Where's Eisel, as UCI rider's rep? Failing his presence, it must fall to Thomas to do something about this chaos. I don't think he's got the experience, or the gravitas though.

Froome would ordinarily be called on, but I can quite understand why he wants ASO and the UCI to stew in their own juice.

Recovering from brain surgery.

I wish him a speedy recovery, I wonder if anyone's deputising?
Audax / Re: Borders of Belgium 1000 2016
« Last post by hippy on Today at 09:33:19 am »
However you can only do it on two specific trains in each direction - https://www.eurotunnel.com/uk/traveller-info/vehicles/bicycles/

6 bikes and riders max.

With all that space on the train let's make some more barriers to that healthy activity/transport option of cycling.

Humans are so stupid.
On The Road / Re: On the commute today
« Last post by SoreTween on Today at 09:25:29 am »
Stopped to advise a lady pushing her bike of the legal status of cyclist dismount signs she was observing. Doubt she'll take it  from me, I wouldn't, but hopefully it will prompt her to look it up.
The Pub / Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Last post by Jakob W on Today at 09:14:12 am »
Blooming insects. The last couple of years I don't recall having been too afflicted, but this hot summer has clearly brought out all the beasties - I've got one or two bites that aren't that itchy, but have resulted in lumps the size of an egg. Please to be FOADing.
« Last post by telstarbox on Today at 09:04:15 am »
However you can only do it on two specific trains in each direction - https://www.eurotunnel.com/uk/traveller-info/vehicles/bicycles/
« Last post by hippy on Today at 09:01:08 am »
I see I can take the bike on euro tunnel for only £20 each way. That's some saving. Has anyone used trains to get from Calais to ghent with their bike? How easy is it, rough cost?

I didn't know you could use the chunnel with bikes. How long has that been the case, I wonder? I'm sure I looked into doing that some years ago and they didn't allow bikes unless they were in a car.

Then eight hours of foreign motorway. Eighty mph down the hard shoulder? Weaving in out of the traffic with inches to spare? For eight hours. My rear sphincter is so now tight that I could probably crack walnuts with it. That would be a cool party trick, drop a walnut down the back of my trousers, and then I shake one leg and the shelled walnut falls out, and the other for the broken shell. It's good to have a skill.

I'm pretty sure Tommy Cooper did that one.
The Knowledge / Re: Brake levers and electric motor.
« Last post by Torslanda on Today at 08:54:50 am »
The shut off of the Bafang is almost instantaneous. Around 0.25 sec.

As long as you don't pedal (forwards) while braking you won't need a cutout switch.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10