Author Topic: [LEL17] Rider tracking data  (Read 3708 times)

cyclinggeezer

• Cyclinggeezer
[LEL17] Rider tracking data
« on: 18 September, 2017, 10:33:11 pm »
Was just wondering if anybody knew when rider tracking data was likely to be available to download off the LEL website?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
Re: Rider tracking data
« Reply #1 on: 10 November, 2017, 03:03:36 pm »
Given the rider login has now gone from the website, any news on this... I think some expectations were set about data being available?
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #2 on: 13 November, 2017, 09:26:08 pm »
Was just wondering if anybody knew when rider tracking data was likely to be available to download off the LEL website?

Phil W - Please could you say whether or not there are plans to share these data and, if so, when (as a target)?
I did my best to scan out at every control - for the wider good - and I think a fair few riders would be keen to see their own data, especially those who did not take a photo of their completed brevet at Loughton.
Thank you for the 'Time in Hand' chart you posted on the LEL website on 11 August.

« Reply #3 on: 18 November, 2017, 06:41:05 pm »
I for one would really love to get hold of my tracking data.  I'd really like to place an order for one of these, but I don't have any of my timing data so I can't order one. 

https://themassifcentral.co.uk/products/london-edinburgh-london-2017

I know the brevet card (when it is returned) will have arrival time, but it won't have exit times and I made a point of scanning out at every control.

At the end of LEL, I think Phil W said either on here or on FB that riders would have access to their own data.  I'm certainly not complaining but I'd just like to know if the data will be made available at any point. 

Fidgetbuzz

• L sp MOON. 1st R sp MARS . At X SO sp STARS
« Reply #4 on: 20 November, 2017, 09:48:28 am »
I spoke to Danial last night.. still tackling merchandise orders and then brevet card returns follow that. Information is apparently not in a format that makes it quick and easy to make available... but the intention to make personal data available is still there ( eventually ! )
I was an accountant until I discovered Audax !!

« Reply #5 on: 20 November, 2017, 11:18:47 am »
That's really helpful; thanks for the update. I realise just how much the organisers are doing for everyone, even long after LEL has finished, and I hugely appreciate their efforts.

It's good to know that the intention is still there and I will wait patiently...

Fidgetbuzz

• L sp MOON. 1st R sp MARS . At X SO sp STARS
« Reply #6 on: 20 November, 2017, 04:19:46 pm »
Validation fees to LRM still to  pay , posting and the  costs for 1000 brevets to go UK, Europe,Rest of World.   Maybe the odd unexpected expense to still surface Annual accounts to prepare , tax man to battle with.. the show quietly rumbles on . .
I was an accountant until I discovered Audax !!

cyclinggeezer

• Cyclinggeezer
« Reply #7 on: 20 November, 2017, 04:33:58 pm »
I for one would really love to get hold of my tracking data.  I'd really like to place an order for one of these, but I don't have any of my timing data so I can't order one. 

https://themassifcentral.co.uk/products/london-edinburgh-london-2017

I know the brevet card (when it is returned) will have arrival time, but it won't have exit times and I made a point of scanning out at every control.

At the end of LEL, I think Phil W said either on here or on FB that riders would have access to their own data.  I'm certainly not complaining but I'd just like to know if the data will be made available at any point.

If you log in on the German version of the LEL web site you can get tracking data

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Reply #8 on: 12 December, 2017, 06:17:11 pm »

« Reply #9 on: 12 December, 2017, 11:06:56 pm »
Thank you, Alwyn (and thank you for the brevet card which arrived yesterday).
If one downloads this worksheet, sorts it by London Depart (Col A oldest to newest) and then by St Ives North Arrive (Col B oldest to newest), since one knows these two data one can identify one's personal line swiftly.
For those of us too slow to take the tracking data off the live site on the Friday before Phil closed it (I was still in Loughton clearing up, till after the Chinese Takeaway), we now have the checking out times at all controls where the rider made the effort so to do.
Much more fun to be had, of course.

« Reply #10 on: 13 December, 2017, 07:28:31 am »
Thanks Ajax Bay for that tip re how to identify your own data. I've been able to get a much better view of how my ride panned out now that I have the control exit times.

Thanks Alwyn for publishing the data, Phil for setting up the means to collect it in the first place, and the kindly volunteers who operated the scanners.

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

« Reply #11 on: 13 December, 2017, 09:17:07 am »
Thanks Alwyn for publishing the data, Phil for setting up the means to collect it in the first place, and the kindly volunteers who operated the scanners.
Here, here to that.

« Reply #12 on: 13 December, 2017, 03:37:30 pm »
Here, here to that.

If not, hear, hear.  ::-)