Author Topic: "Compact" smartphone size creep  (Read 4468 times)

thing1

• aka Joth
    • TandemThings
Re: "Compact" smartphone size creep
« Reply #25 on: 02 March, 2018, 10:10:07 pm »
In the direction of "let phones be phones" , I think at MWC this year Nokia became the new hero of the small handed

https://www.nokia.com/en_gb/phones/nokia-8110-4g
https://www.nokia.com/en_gb/phones/all-phones

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #26 on: 02 March, 2018, 10:15:13 pm »
Barakta's comment was that it lacked the scrollwheel of the 7110, which is a shame, if unsurprising.

thing1

• aka Joth
    • TandemThings
« Reply #27 on: 02 March, 2018, 10:21:31 pm »
It's weird how moving files from one place to another never seems to get any easier.

*sigh*. And I do take my share of blame. (My intern project was the original irda obex stack for symbian then wrote half their Bluetooth stack)

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #28 on: 03 March, 2018, 02:15:09 pm »
It's weird how moving files from one place to another never seems to get any easier.

This.  Connect my nine y.o. camera to a Windows box and it shows up as a disk drive.  Trying to transfer pictures from the fondleslab, OTOH...
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #29 on: 03 March, 2018, 02:17:24 pm »
As time goes on, we acquire more and more ways to easily transfer files that are applicable in fewer and fewer situations.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #30 on: 04 March, 2018, 12:38:28 am »
There’s always a conflict designed into the core of every file transfer protocol between easy of use and access, and security. As these two are fundamentally opposed to each other it can never really get easier, though it does often get faster.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.