Author Topic: 2018 free reflective mudguard stickers May Day 2018 edition.....  (Read 1264 times)

The free reflective mudguards for all entrants to the 2018 May Day Chiltern Audaxes on 7th May from Ruislip have now been fully road tested on a wet and cold Easter Arrows to York and a dry and cold DIY in the Chilterns. This year's theme is 'ROUTES and CULTURE'.
The 2017 'CLASSIC' edition can also be seen!
http://www.westerley.cc/may-day-chiltern-audaxes-theyre-back/

2018 Reflective Mudguard Stickers
2018 Reflective Mudguard Stickers

Re: 2018 free reflective mudguard stickers May Day 2018 edition.....
« Reply #1 on: 05 April, 2018, 10:11:16 pm »
Is that an (almost) Aussie colourway this year? ;)
How much can a koala bear?

« Reply #2 on: 06 April, 2018, 08:30:33 am »
We are, as you'd expect, a pluralistic multicultural event open to anyone regardless of race, religion, nationality, gender, orientation, politics or attitude towards wearing a cycling helmet. The logo should be seen as an all encompassing rainbow, symbolising internationalism and is not dissimilar in colours to cycling's very own rainbow jersey. You are free to identify with any selection of the colours that you wish, including Australia.

It would be DREADful, and a step TA-FAR-I would suggest, if any BATTY RIDER were to DUB any similarity to the phrase ROOTS AND CULTURE and the colours of the outer three rings (Green, Yellow and Black), as an indication that any particular Caribbean Island was inspirational in the choices. So REWIND any such thoughts and SELECTA-nother, broader, view so as not to leave a SKA on the multicultural goodwill on offer.

« Reply #3 on: 09 April, 2018, 07:16:33 pm »
With regard to the colours, I had overlooked the fact that a Tribe Called Quest also used Black, Green, Yellow and Red on most of their artwork on albums. Of course, the 200km May Day Chiltern Audax is called 'A Ride Called Quest' based on the fact it encompasses 10 British Cycling Quest checkpoints.

Here's an example, this was a flyer from a gig I played at in 1994. Only £12 to see one of the hottest US rap acts of the day! Almost as good value as an Audax.

ATCQ 1994 by Dave Morrison,