Author Topic: Britain by Bike  (Read 1691 times)

IanDG

• The p*** artist formerly known as 'Windy'
    • the_dandg_rouleur
Britain by Bike
« on: 09 September, 2018, 06:53:10 pm »
IMG_4574 by ian, on Flickr

IMG_4558 by ian, on Flickr

Not long now - I discussed my 16 hour Hebridean Way ride, cycling in the Outer Hebrides and why (20 years ago) I chose to move from the Midlands to live on a remote island - a lot to edit into a possible appearance of 60 seconds. Not sure how much (if any) of the filming is going to be used. Due to air on Friday 21/09/18  🤔

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv-programme/e/gzp4nm/britain-by-bike-with-larry--george-lamb--s2-e6-outer-hebrides/

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
Re: Britain by Bike
« Reply #1 on: 10 September, 2018, 06:49:37 am »
is that a gravel bike in the first picture? I was wondering what they looked like "in the flesh"
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

LEE

• "Shut Up Jens" - Legs.
« Reply #2 on: 10 September, 2018, 10:52:42 pm »
Watched a lot of the series the last year.  George Lamb is the most ungainly cyclist.
Some people say I'm self-obsessed but that's enough about them.

Steph

• Fast. Fast and bulbous. But fluffy.
« Reply #3 on: 11 September, 2018, 10:32:40 am »
Just watched the Wales one, noticing how much of the footage is shot nowhere near where it is said to be. They seem to like the old Hafod road to Bethesda, for example.
Mae angen arnaf i byw, a fe fydda'i

IanDG

• the_dandg_rouleur
« Reply #4 on: 11 September, 2018, 11:30:26 am »
Just watched the Wales one, noticing how much of the footage is shot nowhere near where it is said to be. They seem to like the old Hafod road to Bethesda, for example.

I'm saying nothing  ::-)

« Reply #5 on: 11 September, 2018, 12:31:43 pm »
Noticed they are doing some tour dates this autumn. I enjoy the programme. It's light hearted and they go to some interesting places. Scilly Isles for example. The trip out of Dent station was a great ad for an electric bike. I can see why Giant provide the bikes. It's a weekly commercial for them.

« Reply #6 on: 21 September, 2018, 08:40:42 pm »
short but sweet ;D :thumbsup:

« Reply #7 on: 21 September, 2018, 08:49:50 pm »
I enjoy the programme too. Although I agree that, when I've known the area, the geography hasn't made much sense.

IanDG

• the_dandg_rouleur
« Reply #8 on: 21 September, 2018, 09:07:16 pm »
I enjoy the programme too. Although I agree that, when I've known the area, the geography hasn't made much sense.

They jumped about a bit.

« Reply #9 on: 21 September, 2018, 09:21:56 pm »
Exactly. In Derbyshire, the start and finish were within a few miles of each other, but they went to Winnats Pass "on the way".

« Reply #10 on: 22 September, 2018, 10:51:54 am »
We actually saw it by accident. It looked lovely and windy is clearly a star.  :D
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.