Author Topic: Need 200 V brake dished and domed spacers  (Read 1377 times)

Need 200 V brake dished and domed spacers
« on: 09 November, 2019, 08:04:18 am »
As title,

I have a work project which needs a mounting plate on a slightly contoured surface. The v brake mounting dished and domed  spacers will be ideal, but where can I get 200 of each?

Re: Need 200 V brake dished and domed spacers
« Reply #2 on: 09 November, 2019, 10:21:05 am »
Your local fixings supplier ought to be able to sort you out, I used to work for such a place who would source from Boneham, you can go direct but it isn't necessarily cheaper.
http://www.boneham.co.uk/products/clamping-and-fixing/spherical-seat-washer

JonBuoy has given you the right names to google, spherical washers or seating washers, if you want to go looking yourself. 

« Reply #3 on: 09 November, 2019, 10:40:55 am »
every LBS scrap bin will have lots of washers in it. However there are problems;

- 200 is still a lot
- the washers are usually (but not always) steel (convex part) and aluminium ( concave part)
- washers vary in thickness; not only are there thick and thin ones but they vary between manufacturers

so depending on what you are trying to do exactly you may be better off with something from a fastener suppliers.

FWIW you can accommodate misalignment between parts by using squashy (eg rubber) washers, provided the service loading of the bolt is not excessive. It is also possible to use a short spacer sleeve, washers, and a rubber grommet to provide a fixing where the bolt can be fully tightened and yet the part can articulate slightly.

cheers

« Reply #4 on: 09 November, 2019, 06:39:05 pm »
Thanks for the suggestions, JonBuoy for spherical washers Brucey, loading is indeed low and rubber washers would be easier to assemble.