Author Topic: End Of Season Claims  (Read 1802 times)

Phixie

• No gears and all the ideas
End Of Season Claims
« on: 29 September, 2017, 08:30:00 pm »
Hi All,

The recent end of the Audax season prompts me to post the usual reminder  to request all those who have achieved points on fixed wheel during the year just ending and who have not already done so, to let me have their points claims for that period. It will be helpful if you will add which rides have been done on fixed to enable me to confirm you are claiming everything to which you are entitled. As ever, in case of query or difficulty, please contact me directly (off-list). E-mail or snail mail is preferable; no need to send the card unless it needs validating - no point in risking these valuable items in the mail unnecessarily - especially at the moment.

To clarify the issue and avoid unnecessary queries, the 50% rule does NOT apply to the fixed wheel trophy, so the person with the greatest number of points will win the trophy. Claims from female members will be especially welcome as very few of these have been seen recently.

In view of the limited time again this year between the end of the season and the Reunion weekend, please send these figures promptly; if we don't know about them by that weekend, another rider with a smaller total may receive the prize, which would be really, really galling. This urgency also applies to members riding end of season permanents who should submit their cards promptly to their organiser. (I would expect that as of last weekend, John Ward, the Perms Sec would have been as up to date as possible.)

At the same time, perhaps riders of other "niche" machines (tandems, upright trikes and repugnants or any combination of these) would do the same, sending their figures to Somnolent otp, as the system has not yet been upgraded to take account of the boxes on the back of the latest Brevet cards.

Don’t stop pedalling!

Regards,

RP
At the end of the day, when all's said and done, there's usually a lot more said than done.

Zed43

• prefers UK hills over Dutch mountains
Re: End Of Season Claims
« Reply #1 on: 30 September, 2017, 05:45:21 am »
What about claims using "regular" bicycles, is there a deadline for sending those to the AUK recorder?

I'm still waiting for the ACP homologation / publication of three (Dutch) brevets and a flèche, but I'd rather not hassle the organisers unless I've got a good reason to  :-\

bikey-mikey

• AUK 6372
  • Yes, I am completely mad ! a.k.a. 333
« Reply #2 on: 30 September, 2017, 08:23:11 am »
I'm responsible for producing all the trophies, and I went on record last year saying that the trophies were very nearly not ready. I explained the many stages, obtaining all the various 'winners' names (which come from all over the place), preparing proof listing to send to the supplier, checking suppliers actual proof documents, inevitable error correcting so another cycle of the same, giving OK to produce, actual  engravings take place, trophies sent to me, receipt of trophies, checking every one for accuracy, and inevitable reengraving for odd errors, plus then labelling for recognition in poor light, (you can never read the inscriptions at any dinner venue, being out of the spotlight, as it were), organising into order, and repacking.

Of course it also takes as much as half a day just laying them out at the venue, so I don't get a chance to go on the fun rides etc

Someone suggested last year at the meeting before the dinner that we should have the event closer to the end of season, to which I said "That would just be a meeting and dinner because there would be no trophies".

This year we are a full 8 days earlier, and there may well be no trophies, if the perms and Calendar results arrive as slowly as last year. In fact, from my recollection , last year the last results arrived beyond this year's actual dinner date, so it's anyone's guess.

The problem is not so much the calendar events, where you can guess whether anyone could have obtained enough points to change a winner, and contact the organiser for guidance (though there was, I think, an organiser of a very late calendar who went on holiday...) but rather the perms, where someone may have held back a big pile to try and ambush a competitor. (Not the way an audaxer should treat a fellow rider).  Postal finishes are inevitably slower, and often riders neglect to respond quickly because they don't understand the rush... The validations team are first class of course but even they can't validate something that hasn't reached them....

I would hope that everyone will co-operate and I won't have to draw a line and say "tough luck matey"

Re Zeds homologation issues, I'm not sure whether AUK are aware, but surely they should have been entered on results provisionally ages ago ?  (Or have I misunderstood - no idea who zed is, so I can't check...)

Right, I'm off for my last ride of the season....  8)
I’ve decided I’m not old. I’m 25 .....plus shipping and handling.

Cycling heatmap
https://www.strava.com/athletes/4628735/heatmaps/6ed5ab12#10/51.12782/-3.16388

« Reply #3 on: 01 October, 2017, 05:50:04 pm »
What about claims using "regular" bicycles, is there a deadline for sending those to the AUK recorder?

I'm still waiting for the ACP homologation / publication of three (Dutch) brevets and a flèche, but I'd rather not hassle the organisers unless I've got a good reason to  :-\

Re Zeds homologation issues, I'm not sure whether AUK are aware, but surely they should have been entered on results provisionally ages ago ? 

Because of the way Overseas events are processed there is no 'Provisional' status for those.
However - if the inclusion or exclusion of those events is going to make a difference to awards or 'trophies' then I suggest presenting such evidence as you do already possess to the Recorder.  Generally it's best to use the contactus page because that is immune to accidental spam filtering however the postal address for the brown envelope stuffed with used fivers is also to be found somewhere on the AUK site.  ;D

« Reply #4 on: 02 October, 2017, 07:46:46 pm »
Not forgetting organisers too.
Please ensure you process any remaining events ASAP