Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Pub / Re: Super-Twat
« Last post by Mr Larrington on Today at 10:49:39 am »
Oh look!  Looza Fox hasn’t made a public tit of himself for at least 48 hours so it must be overdue: https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/laurence-fox-slammed-after-posting-32715437
Audax / Re: BP history
« Last post by GdS on Today at 10:48:42 am »
Thanks  :) I heard an urban myth that a respected female AUK member set BPs up in the UK only
The Knowledge / Re: Tyres again
« Last post by mrcharly-YHT on Today at 10:44:11 am »
Not Kojaks.
Fat Kojaks at low pressures roll without vibration. Unfortunately, bicycle rolling resistance tests show that they have a high RR.

Conti sport contacts are cheap and roll better.

The Sporting Life / Re: Southend Football
« Last post by Wowbagger on Today at 10:43:56 am »
Thanks. I wondered what was holding the deal up. Ron Martin always was a contemptible little crook.

About 20 years, or possibly more, ago, around the time i first got involved with environmental campaigning and became friends with Jon Fuller, one of Jon's sons used t train with the Southend youth team. At the training ground was the club's entertaining facility. When Jon went to pick his son up from training one evening, he saw the seating plan for a slap-up meal and nicked it. It showed senior councillors sitting alongside football execs. He showed me the plan once.

I asked him recently if he still had it, but sadly he doesn't. It speaks volumes.
Audax / Re: Audax UK Reunion
« Last post by alfapete on Today at 10:42:46 am »
Bookings now open!!!

Bookings went live yesterday and lots more information is available on the AUK website. If you've not been to a Reunion before it's a chance to have a pint and chat with the most esteemed of our group, and to congratulate those who have won an Award. There are some short rides available on the Saturday morning and some excellent entertainment too. Please read the information carefully before completing the Form and ensure you make the correct payment.

You can stay for one or two nights on a Bed and Breakfast basis, or just attend for Dinner, and you can book with a friend to share a room or we can find you a friend if you wish (sharing rooms reduces your expense, but singles are available). After booking payment should be made by logging in on the AUK website, go to 'My Account' and choosing 'Pay Us' - there is a drop down menu with Reunion 2024 as one of the options.

Format for the event

Friday evening arrival (if you wish): No dinner included on this evening so make a reservation in the restaurant at your own expense if you would like to eat there. Other options available within a few miles.
Saturday morning: Social rides of varying lengths designed by Phil Whitehurst.
Saturday afternoon: Two presentations from guests who will be announced nearer the time - one video and Q and A session, one talk with slides
Saturday evening: Presentation by Laura and Steve of SteLa Tandem fame - world record setters around the world on a tandem
        Three course set dinner (we intend to cater for all dietary requirements)
        AUK Awards ceremony - an opportunity to acknowledge the efforts and endeavours of your peers, and a chance to meet your new Chairman and Board members
Sunday morning: check out
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by Mr Larrington on Today at 10:31:19 am »
Down In The Sewer ~ The Stranglers
Where The Wild Things Are / Re: Seen today
« Last post by Basil on Today at 10:27:13 am »
A large emperor moth, sitting on the pavement in the drizzle, trying to shake its wings dry.
Pat them with kitchen roll to get rid of as much of the oil as you can

^this
Audax / Re: BP history
« Last post by LittleWheelsandBig on Today at 10:05:41 am »
ACP and UAF organise sub-200km brevets but they were originally intended mostly for wives and children while the blokes rode 200+km (it was quite a while ago). AUK followed ACP's example and expanded it. Audax Oz, RUSA and some randonneuring organisations in Canada organise sub-200km brevets, mostly derived from AUK ex-pats. Only Audax Oz has quite a few sub-200s.

FFCT covers a range of brevets, most of them not as codified as ACP's brevets. ACP and UAF are both within FFCT's overarching event calendar/ system.

Online quizzes / Re: Wordle
« Last post by Jaded on Today at 09:51:41 am »
Wordle 1,048 2/6

🟨⬛🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10