Author Topic: A random thread for weatherish things that don't warrant a thread of their own.  (Read 279789 times)

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

Chris S

Another week, another five day forecast of relentless jet-stream action.  Yay!  ::-)

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
Look at this lock on the Severn!

https://www.farsondigitalwatercams.com/locations/bevere-lock

It's not doing much...
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

I rode through Old Durham today, there were swans and ducks on the now entirely-water meadows. I would have stopped and taken a picture but the path was an inch deep in slick silty mud and I thought that if I stopped it would have been a comedic-for-onlookers feet slipping away from the bike and arse on the floor scenario.

The Wear has been up at least a couple of metres from its usual level over the weekend- driftwood marks the spot.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
The Teifi is now receding.  Still over its banks in a couple of places, but no danger.
MattC will be pleased to hear that the Paddlers and the Porth were unaffected this time.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Look at this lock on the Severn!

https://www.farsondigitalwatercams.com/locations/bevere-lock

It's not doing much...

Mr Black Sheep posted some Upton in Severn pictures on Facebook.

I Road down to Chertsey and back with bjorn notp today and the Thames though high was not flooding anywhere we could see 🙂
the slower you go the more you see

rogerzilla

The Severn at Bewdley is predicted to almost reach its record level, set in 2000.  I hope the sweet shop is ok.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
The Teifi is now receding.  Still over its banks in a couple of places, but no danger.
MattC will be pleased to hear that the Paddlers and the Porth were unaffected this time.
Bloody typical- no trip planned this year  :facepalm:
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
Bloody typical- no trip planned this year  :facepalm:
Shame.  The King's is under new management and they're refurbing three guest rooms upstairs.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

rogerzilla

Look at Ironbridge on the BBC live updates.  WTaF?

<notices the heating hasn't come on in accordance with its programming>

<goes and checks the temperature reading on the room 'stat downstairs, notes it is still 0.3 degrees above the trigger point>

That's the second time it's happened this month - I know it's been a mild winter and Pompey has its own microclimate, but even so, it doesn't feel normal...
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

T42

• Apprentice geezer
We're due sleet & snow on Wednesday. :(
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

We're due sleet & snow on Wednesday. :(
we have it now, inch of wet slush,  hopefully it will be gone before this afternoons ride.  Was spoilt yesterdat with dry roads and no bike to clean afterwards. ;D

T42

• Apprentice geezer
Sleet & snow & 60 kph wind, that shoulda bin.  Today it's calm, wet & 9°C, and I'd ride only I don't want to machine my rims down any thinner than they already are.

rogerzilla

Towns on the Severn are getting it yet again.  Third time this month.

Giraffe

• I brake for Giraffes
Yesterday was the first day of the year with negative heat loss.
Temperature in the loft was about 3 deg. C higher than in bedroom - won't make that today.
2x4: thick plank; 4x4: 2 of 'em.

Yesterday was the first day of the year with negative heat loss.
Temperature in the loft was about 3 deg. C higher than in bedroom - won't make that today.

I reckon we've had that the last 4 days, and will today. Continuous sunshine, slate roof.  The shower has been noticeably hotter (loft cold water tank). The greenhouse broke the 30C barrier!
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

The last 2 weeks have been absolutely dry, not one drop of rain, in South London.

Not quite zero, but close to, here in leafy Bucks too.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
It crossed my mind this morning that this wonderful spring weather is probably the beginning of the summer drought.

Yesterday, when we had our afternoon cuppa, was the first day since Sept 14th that we had sat out in the garden.  This morning we’re having our morning coffee outside too.

Giraffe

• I brake for Giraffes
Rain this a.m. - enough to render the ploughed fields unusable for a few hours but not enough to be of much use. Might have got about 5 li in the barrel from 14 sq. m of roof.
2x4: thick plank; 4x4: 2 of 'em.

Well that was an emphatic end to the warm weather, with thunder, lightning and torrential hail! 

rogerzilla

No rain here but the wind's changed and tomorrow tops out at 10 rather than 23!