Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1754344 times)

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
Re: Mid-Essex Mid Week Nocturnal Series (plus random E Anglian stuff)
« Reply #6975 on: 11 June, 2015, 04:49:55 pm »
What's all this "DL(TRATF)" business mean?  This isn't good, I don't get the "in" jokes anymore.

« Reply #6976 on: 11 June, 2015, 04:55:20 pm »
Thin Runt At The Front

Attendance at events leads to greater understanding... O:-)
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

Oscar's dad

« Reply #6977 on: 11 June, 2015, 04:57:53 pm »
Your point is well made!

« Reply #6978 on: 11 June, 2015, 05:05:34 pm »
I would hurry back if I were you before DL(TRATF) decides to make his leadership permanent.

I'm sure I saw some gold braid on the sleeves and shoulders of his jersey last night.

« Reply #6979 on: 11 June, 2015, 06:08:50 pm »
I'll catch up with all the Abuse later....but...next week (or starting this Saturday better said) at the Swan in Little Totham. Could we move rowhedge......again?

Beer Festival

Date: 13th Jun 2015 - 21st Jun 2015

Event type: Other events

Time: 12:00 - 23:00

Cost: unknown

The Swan, School Road, Little Totham, CM9 8LB

Craft beers, real ales, perries and ciders. Food available all week. Live music, local bands & Morris dancers. Opening hours: Mon - Sat 12:00 - 23:00 & Sunday 12:00 - 22:30

Enquiries: Phil Cornell 01621 331713

« Reply #6980 on: 11 June, 2015, 07:34:54 pm »
Ok, I have escaped work and caught up on the thread.

I will point out though that Little Totham also provides ample opportunities for those who feel the need to do fast laps on a Wednesday night. I suspect they will have a very good selection of beers on and we could have a jolly good knees up, I might even get there early....very early ;D

« Reply #6981 on: 11 June, 2015, 08:22:32 pm »
But will there be a band ?

DL (TRATF) was a bit miffed at the lack of an appropriate fanfare as he made his entrance yesterday.

Sod laps if there's a beer festival on.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #6982 on: 11 June, 2015, 09:28:52 pm »
[OD goes a bit misty eyed, is that a tremble on the bottom lip...?]

If The Runt wants to stage an underhand leadership bid I say crack on!

The MEMWNS and Witham Cycling were both something I created to address a need I thought needed addressing. It was never about me so I am as chuffed as chuffed can be that others are getting stuck in.

On the Witham Cycling front Simon T is leading the charge - good man, all power to his elbow.  On the MEMWNS front you new boys, spearheaded by award winning Doggers, are creating your own legends and having an epic time doing it.

It all makes me very happy. 

« Reply #6983 on: 11 June, 2015, 10:59:19 pm »
I am not going to make it this week, I will be sanding walls and filling holes >:(

I do plan on heading up to Wally's Café for a 'Fasting' ride early on Saturday if anyone is interested. Planning to leave home around 6 - 6:30 and will get up there as swiftly as my fat burning capabilities allow me to!

Anyone interested in coming along?

Looks like I have secured a pass from the Home Office for the ride on Saturday morning a 6.30am departure would work best for me if that suits everyone else? If not I shall try and catch/intercept you somewhere!
Looks as though we may have a nice little peloton going along as Ted is joining us as may Tomsk and Andy was being heavily persuaded by myself and Ted last night  :thumbsup: any other takers..........?

Fabulous all round!

I've put together a route there and 3 options for the way back.

There - Pretty direct, smaller roads but should in general be a good surface.

Return - East - Skirting Colchester and finishing back in Kelvedon. But if Tomsk Joins us I have kind of reversed our Easter Arrow Route from Long Melford so we are all heading towards Dunmow.

Return - West - Depending on how things are going we can take various options to make it shorter or Longer on this side.

I'm easyish on time. Would you look to leave home 6:30? Meet at Kelvedon say around 7? The trip out is under 40k so I reckon we'll be sitting down by 8:30 for Breakfast.

« Reply #6984 on: 11 June, 2015, 11:06:20 pm »
^^^  :thumbsup:

Nice work.

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #6985 on: 12 June, 2015, 08:20:25 am »
Re: tomorrow...having been out and about this week for a bit of recce-ing of a new audax route, I've decided to have a non-cycling weekend [well, just an odd hour here and there...] so have a good ride and see you all next Wednesday. 

The Retiree

• Zappi Clothing Ambassador - http://zappi.clothing/
« Reply #6986 on: 12 June, 2015, 08:33:42 am »
Fabulous all round!

Return - East - Skirting Colchester and finishing back in Kelvedon. But if Tomsk Joins us I have kind of reversed our Easter Arrow Route from Long Melford so we are all heading towards Dunmow.

Return - West - Depending on how things are going we can take various options to make it shorter or Longer on this side.

I'm easyish on time. Would you look to leave home 6:30? Meet at Kelvedon say around 7? The trip out is under 40k so I reckon we'll be sitting down by 8:30 for Breakfast.

Thanks Tippers the routes look great i'm happy with either of the routes home maybe the shorter as Tomsk won't be joining us now, I will aim to meet Huggy (I roped him in!  :thumbsup: ) at Spa rd for 6.30 so we should be in Kelvedon a little before 7am I guess.

Unfortunately Andy can't make it as he has been  :sick: as a dog since Weds night  :facepalm: I think it was down to Ted not insuring the pub wasn't playing folk music and this talk about chaingangs for next week  :o

« Reply #6987 on: 12 June, 2015, 10:26:00 am »
Excellent on the first bit....See y'all at Kelvedon station for 7am. I'm happy with the East route home, depending on time I might extend it a little and put off the inevitable work in the house!

« Reply #6988 on: 12 June, 2015, 11:58:35 am »
In other ale-related news.

There is http://www.chelmsfordbeerandciderfestivals.camra.org.uk/viewnode.php?id=25455 at the start of July.  It's not brilliant for me getting home but it does have 300 beers...

In the Colchester Gazette yesterday they had a story about the Compasses at Totham being given Community Protected Status (or something) which means it is much harder for the pub to be closed in future  :thumbsup:

That's today's beer bulletin.

The Retiree

• Zappi Clothing Ambassador - http://zappi.clothing/
« Reply #6989 on: 12 June, 2015, 01:11:57 pm »
In other ale-related news.

There is http://www.chelmsfordbeerandciderfestivals.camra.org.uk/viewnode.php?id=25455 at the start of July.  It's not brilliant for me getting home but it does have 300 beers...

I can imagine that it's pretty hard to drag yourself home after sampling 300 pints of different ale :facepalm: do you feel a little  :sick: the next morning........

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
« Reply #6990 on: 12 June, 2015, 01:24:11 pm »
I am not going to make it this week, I will be sanding walls and filling holes >:(

I do plan on heading up to Wally's Café for a 'Fasting' ride early on Saturday if anyone is interested. Planning to leave home around 6 - 6:30 and will get up there as swiftly as my fat burning capabilities allow me to!

Anyone interested in coming along?

Looks like I have secured a pass from the Home Office for the ride on Saturday morning a 6.30am departure would work best for me if that suits everyone else? If not I shall try and catch/intercept you somewhere!
Looks as though we may have a nice little peloton going along as Ted is joining us as may Tomsk and Andy was being heavily persuaded by myself and Ted last night  :thumbsup: any other takers..........?

Fabulous all round!

Say hi on your way past my gaff on the way northbound (just north of the Henny Swan). I won't be up!

« Reply #6991 on: 12 June, 2015, 03:12:17 pm »
We can send DL to knock on your door and run  ;D

« Reply #6992 on: 12 June, 2015, 03:22:59 pm »

He is still a teenager so he will probably do it anyway.

TimC

« Reply #6993 on: 12 June, 2015, 03:29:32 pm »
Yebbut, you don't know which house it is. There aren't many, but all the others have BIG dogs!

Oscar's dad

« Reply #6994 on: 12 June, 2015, 03:42:00 pm »

Is he tall enough to reach the door knocker?

TimC

« Reply #6995 on: 12 June, 2015, 03:46:50 pm »

It's only about 2ft off the ground, so he'd probably cope. The door's less than 5ft high in total.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #6996 on: 12 June, 2015, 03:48:40 pm »

It's only about 2ft off the ground, so he'd probably cope. The door's less than 5ft high in total.

Blimey, a DL sized house!  Keep its location secret or you'll have him moving in!

« Reply #6997 on: 12 June, 2015, 04:25:15 pm »
Yebbut, you don't know which house it is. There aren't many, but all the others have BIG dogs!

:o right up his street  ;D

Oscar's dad

« Reply #6998 on: 12 June, 2015, 04:55:31 pm »
All dogs are big to DL!

« Reply #6999 on: 13 June, 2015, 12:48:24 pm »
Cracking run up to Wally's this morning. 5 of us from Kelvedon took the route up through Whites Colne, Henny Street and Sudbury. We hit the rain as we passed through Sudbury at which point I regretted removing my mudguards!

Carlosfandango met us at Wally's, it was good to catch up.

Breakfast consumed we headed off through the back lanes to Assington and then through Arger Fen where Tedshred opted for a Swim in the ford :facepalm:

Huggy had a couple of visitations along the way, I also had one but the Stans sealant did it's job and I didn't even have to stop to pump the tyres up.

Carlos headed back to Colchester from Wormingford and the rest of us came home via Fordham, Seven Star Green, Copford and Messing.

Some lovely lanes that I don't remember riding and good company. Might make this breakfast run a little more regular!