Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Pub / Re: what I have learned today.
« Last post by citoyen on Today at 06:25:09 pm »
The Metropolitan underground line passes over the top of South Hampstead overground station.

There's no Metropolitan line station there though. And both lines are above ground.
« Last post by jsabine on Today at 06:22:55 pm »
Not to leave wheels turned out after parallel parking.  Bloke here did that and his car was scraped by a drunk driver.
With no out turned wheel it would have scratches and a wing mirror. With the out turned wheel taking full impact, a write off.

On an 'ill, I was taught that you should do so, such that handbrake failure would have the car roll into the kerb

Legal requirement to do so in certain parts of the US I believe (SF?) - you can be ticketed if the wheels are seen to be straight.

(Historic cause for consternation among owners of Citroen CXen, I believe, where the Diravi power steering would straighten the wheels up without you asking.)
« Last post by grams on Today at 06:09:31 pm »
I suppose it depends on how you define "underground" but it's certainly true that the Overground line passes under the District/H&C line at Whitechapel and I can't think of another station where that is the case.

The Metropolitan underground line passes over the top of South Hampstead overground station.

(And crosses back in the vicinity of Northwick Park)
Folders / Just the tikit?
« Last post by fd3 on Today at 06:09:12 pm »
I am eying up a second hand bike Friday tikit (which I would likely convert to fixed).
The idea is it works as an folder, but mostly for the quick fold and roll option, if I need to roll in to a shop or up the elevator to my office (new work doesn't have secure cycle storage).
Any thoughts or advice?
The Pub / Re: Dez's funeral - 3rd May, 1pm.
« Last post by Sergeant Pluck on Today at 06:07:37 pm »
Watched most (I found one or two of the eulogies difficult to hear).

Farewell Dez.
« Last post by Jaded on Today at 06:02:47 pm »
I watched a little, thoughts with all of you.
« Last post by perpetual dan on Today at 05:56:39 pm »
Sorry I couldn’t be there, or watch at the time. Best wishes.

EVENT DATE: 25th May 2024
EVENT START LOCATION: Abbey Wood Retail Park, Filton, Bristol.

EVENT DISCRIPTION
Back for 2024 a '5 Star' reviewed 200k Severn Bridge Series GOLD GRIMPEUR AAA-rated event with free refreshments & food at the start and a Pub location finish.

Now with the option of event validation by E-Brevet app.

Includes free finishers' rectangular route map patch for all riders.

It's very audacious with 3750m of climbing, but breath-taking as it takes you exploring the Southern Edges of the Brecon Beacons National Park.

It's a stunning but lumpy route with plenty of amazing views exploring some of the less well-known roads of South Wales.

The North East section of the route passes you by 4 Welsh castles to stop, view and enjoy.

You will stop at the Castles of Abergavenny, Grosmont, Skenfrith & Whitecastle.

You can also ride past the entrance to Usk Castle & a 100m detour will take you to Clytha Castle if you fancy stopping at them as well.

While the Western Section allows you to Climb 'The Blorenge', (The Tumble) with its 400m of ascent on its little-used 'traffic-free' track and ride past Llanelly Quarry - part of the World Heritage site.

The South Eastern Loop explores some of the quiet remote lanes Wales has to offer.

You'll have a Canal Side Coffee Stop at Goytre Wharf to enjoy before you tackle the first of the two 20%+ segment climbs in the Lanes of Wales on the day.

The northern section allows you to explore some of the National Cycle Network 'traffic-free' tarmac routes.

An event for experienced Randonneurs, capable of riding long distances in all conditions.

Free finishers patch for all finishers & an Event Medal available for purchase £4.00

Entry on the Line (EOL) is possible - £3 surcharge, payment by card or cash.

LAST EVENT FEEDBACK REVIEW – 13 September 2022

Cracking day out, lots of quiet roads, clever route that keeps you guessing and never really gives your legs a rest. Get yourself across the bridge and enjoy the views. Nice1 Oliver.
Ben Rowe
All

MORE EVENT INFORMATION
WARRENS & BURROWS EVENT DETAILS: https://audaxwales.com/events/welsh-ruins/
ROUTE MAP & GPS DOWNLOAD: https://www.plotaroute.com/route/1641092?units=km

WANT TO KEEP UPDATED ON LATEST EVENT INFORMATION FOR 2024?
FULL 2023 EVENT DETAILS: www.sbraudax.com
EVENT UPDATES – FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/groups/741802059633752/
EVENT UPDATES – STRAVA: https://www.strava.com/clubs/576108

Where The Wild Things Are / Re: Seen today
« Last post by PaulR on Today at 05:49:09 pm »
Popped down to the river after work on Wednesday
22f204cbb0bf41278f4189ae080ccd75 by PaulRide, on Flickr
« Last post by ElyDave on Today at 05:48:06 pm »
Not to leave wheels turned out after parallel parking.  Bloke here did that and his car was scraped by a drunk driver.
With no out turned wheel it would have scratches and a wing mirror. With the out turned wheel taking full impact, a write off.

On an 'ill, I was taught that you should do so, such that handbrake failure would have the car roll into the kerb
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10